17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 3:25 PM by boybad RSS

A Sign of weakness or smart

Zombie-Hell-Fire

I know this isn't new but if you ask the team to save a zombie at the end of a round is that a sign of weakness or is it smart?

• Re: A Sign of weakness or smart
    whots_his_face

Both

Zombie-Hell-Fire

So you are saying it's a sign of weakness how? I ask because someone made a comment to me the other day and it got me thinking. I really don't see how it's a weakness knowing to get your set up with saving a zombie instead of getting downed causing the team to come save your ass thus risking theirs.

DeathBringer-Zen

So you are saying it's a sign of weakness how?

I would say some people see it as a sign of weakness as you are taking a breather to rearm yourself where as you are kind of supposed to do it mid round, hence the reason for some box locations being in tough spots within the map. This will be partially why Treyarch decided to make the crawlers die off eventually on BO2.

Personally though, I think it is smart.

Zombie-Hell-Fire

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

This will be partially why Treyarch decided to make the crawlers die off eventually on BO2.

I thought it was because the crawlers bleed to death. A full zombie that get's shot also has this but if you don't shoot it they stay alive/respawn. You probably know that but I don't think it's because they want you to do it during mid round. If they did they would have made it where it goes to the next round after the last spawn of zombies during the round.

Cheesegrater28

They had the wounded zombies die off if they were shot to both make it harder to keep one alive, and to keep people from getting cheap points on respawning zombies. Shoot a zombie a couple of times with a pistol, then run off and reshoot it when it respawns, then repeat. But they definitely were trying to make it harder to keep a zombie alive since it takes away from the game a little, though it has become necessary, especially for high rounds and Easter eggs.

I agree with most of the other responses. its a sign of both, but mostly being smart. If you want to go far in the game, you need to keep one alive during many points through the game. But some people rely on it too much and need it each round.

HalcyonDays

Smart. I'd rather get things done in the early rounds .. Kinda bugs me I try to keep 1 then some Rambo kills it off.

I like to know where everyone is and what their planning for when something goes wrong

CombustiblSquid

That's silly. Saving a zombie is just a useful method of preparing for the next round. It's smart and almost every decent player I know does it, especially after going down and losing their perks or guns.

GulfCoastGirl

Zombie-Hell-Fire wrote:

I know this isn't new but if you ask the team to save a zombie at the end of a round is that a sign of weakness or is it smart?

It's smart... unless it is happening EVERY SINGLE ROUND... then it can be annoying.

I'll tell you what I hate more than people who frequently ask for a zombie to be held.... that's the person who b*tches and moans about it and belittles the person for asking.  That is WAY more annoying IMO

Be a team player or don't play with randoms

Zombie-Hell-Fire

You're right it would be annoying every round but I was trying to PaP my weapon and get the perk from box on Origins. What the guy said was what got me thinking he said "Are you happy now?", after I got it. Funny thing is I could have done it during the round because I had monkeys but decided to save it just in case if someone went down.

Apocalypsemaster

I think it is smart but it can be very annoying if they take 20 mins to do their stuff. I remember playing with 3 dutch man and they took half an hour to sort out everything only to find out they rage quit after things don't go their way. If your playing solo on origins then you have to save a zombie from time to time but in 4 player its less necessary but very helpful at times.

Zombie-Hell-Fire

So this is what I get out of all of this, if they need to save a zombie every round then yes a sign of weakness but it's smart and also it's being a team player but only if not so often. So that guy was being a jerk and had a ego trip by playing his own way thus going down a lot which was not a good team player because it put us in jeopardy trying to revive him. All because he didn't want to save a zombie. Thank you guys/gals   

Shoot I think it's a sign of weakness he couldn't ask to save a zombie for himself since he needed it. Sad thing is that game was my best for Origins round 38.

electricfuneralfire

wow dude wow.

Saving a crawler a sign of weakness?

I dont know your high rounds or how good you are at this game. But go play Nacht, Vertuckkt, Five, Bus Depot, Farm, etc and go into round 25-30 and barely make it out and tell me if saving a crawler is weak or smart.

imo thats what is wrong with this game, you have maps where people can go out and survive for who knows how long and even take on 4 peoples worth of zombies doing it. Screw your team mates right? As long as you have a circle to run thats all that matters.

Im not saying maps that are very Train oriented are bad, Im just saying 90% of Zombies players need to open up their eyes and see that every map is not played that way. And the need to realize they have team mates.

OP, do you realize you have teammates that may want to PaP so the next round wont take an extra 25 minutes?

I could go on but im done.

Smh man, smh.

electricfuneralfire

If I was ADMIN I would delete this thread thats how bad it is for the Zombies community.

electricfuneralfire

Just read over the other posts. My apoligies for commenting without reading.

boybad

As i always say...

"Fail to plan is planing to fail"

If saving the last one was a part of the plan to go to the toilet, to get recovered, what ever reason.

Im sure saving the last one on every round is not a part of a plan, i dont see how it is weakness in any way just simple poor planing.