11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 2:20 PM by BlackhawkbillOO7 RSS

Ghost and previous titles

Izjar11

COD,

After watching the clip below, its clear this title has a little bit of everything from previous titles involved in it. It reminds me much more of BO2 than MW3. Allot of movements, clutter and quick deaths. I fear that the complaints will get worse from those who expected something different.

Your thoughts?

• Re: Ghost and previous titles
    Out

Izjar11 wrote:

I fear that the complaints will get worse from those who expected something different.

Your thoughts?

I think I like the looks a lot better.......graphics I mean..

Gameplay in this clip does remind me of BOII, but it also reminds me of MW3 , there are a lot of things to hide behind and plenty of corners ....... the perk system is still unkown to me and that will affect they gameplay and style greatly

People are going to complain no matter how good or how bad the game is, if loadouts and maps are not to our liking we complain because it makes us change up the way we play.....If it is to similar to what we had before we complain that we just got a make over of what we just had

either way I am looking forward to Ghosts and see what it offers  

kenib77

It wont be like BO2 because of maps. BO2 had small maps hence the SMG-fast-kill domination. With wider maps like the ones we saw ( Octane seems one of the smallest we will have, but it has good mid range from one side to the other which makes it larger than most BO2 maps anyway ) im pretty sure Assault Rifles with dominate along with those skilled enough to use Marksman Rifles efficiently. SMGs will still be very good obviously, but at least those players will have a bad time crossing all these open fields

Izjar11

I think people were confused with what a large vs small map is. The true small maps in BO2 were hijacked, NT all other maps were not small at all just cluttered. Which looks to be the case in GHOST. 

Maps are getting more stuff added into them.

phxs72

That gameplay was actually quite sobering after all of the manicured gameplays that we've seen.  It's pretty obvious that killing and dieing are going to happen very quickly.  In fact, often I saw this player die before his screen even had time to register the hit and that was on a LAN connection.  So I'm expecting that the instadeath complaints are going to be huge this time around.  If I were to take any strategy thoughts away from this gameplay, I'd say that you are going to have to play Core as if it's HC.  Stay behind cover and snap on target quickly if you want to survive.  I'm sure that rushing will still be effective but not out in the open like it was in MW3.  It's going to play more like BO2 in that regard.  I also suspect that whatever perk/proficiency that you can get that will reduce flinch will be a major player in deciding gunfights just as it was in BO2.

I do like how the maps seem to have a multitude of vantage points without so much of the random soda cans that used to trip up my character in MW3.  That seems to be a big step forward.  I'm definitely getting excited for launch.

lewdmouth

Think this game is going to cause the end of COD as we know it. It's the guitar hero 5 of COD games. Lag has been the biggest complaint on COD games for the last 3 years and has been completely blamed on users for bad connection setups when all along it's the game itself that lags. Why do Activision continue to ignore this? Is it really good marketing to blame the users?

Izjar11

lewdmouth wrote:

Think this game is going to cause the end of COD as we know it. It's the guitar hero 5 of COD games. Lag has been the biggest complaint on COD games for the last 3 years and has been completely blamed on users for bad connection setups when all along it's the game itself that lags. Why do Activision continue to ignore this? Is it really good marketing to blame the users?

Well you might or might not know this, but lag is simply part of online gaming there is no way of removing it. But your right, the game creators have the obligation to make the game playable to as many players as possible, but you also realize that not everyone can get 100% best connection statuses all the time. I do not think this will be the end, this game is developing into something else much bigger than what we see.

BlackhawkbillOO7

I watched the video…The person playing really wasn't that good. He was running up on stationary enemy players and they would kill him because he had to draw his weapon whereas they were already set. Then when he actually slows down a bit and starts setting up his shots he's able to get some kills. But if you watch the player he was trying to haul ass everywhere versus running to get past the open areas and walking in the confined areas. I guess my point is that I wouldn't judge the game based off of watching a bad player. I'm looking forward to next week…

Izjar11

Your right he/she wasn't, but thats how the majority of players treat this game, they run into the open or repeat the same path after dying and they blame lag, or lag comp or bullet bending or timing, or whatever their heart can come up with to justify how bad they play.

I look forward to playing Ghost as well, I just do not expect many things to be different, specifically the community who play the game. 

BlackhawkbillOO7

My buddies and I went back to MW3 a few months ago and its funny that you mentioned the excuses that they come up with…It doesn't change…Now, I can sympathize with folks that have or had issues with BO2 and MW3…I've been on both the good and bad side of some connections but it still doesn't negate the stupid players who keep doing the same thing and complain that it's because of everything else other than them…LOL!!!