1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 4:44 PM by thegrither RSS

"It appears modern warfare 3 did not quit properly the last time it was played. Would you like to run in safe mode.

Danar_Syailendra

Ok so here's the story. Not sure how many people have had this problem. But my brother in law and I got modern warfare 3 the other day from steam while it was on sale. Mine installed perfectly no problems at all and I have enjoyed hours of fun. His on the other hand installs, then when he tries to play it pops up with the error message: "It appears modern warfare 3 did not quit properly the last time it was played. Would you like to run in safe mode.". Believe me when I say we've tried EVERY SINGLE SOLUTION we could possibly find. We even resinstalled and restarted his computer multiple times. Now normally I can fix just about any issue when it comes to gaming on the PC. But this time I just give up because no matter what we do, the game does NOT want to work. I won't bother posting his computer specifications because I know for a fact that he can run the game no problem. I can run it on the maximum settings possible and still get a flawless 60 FPS both SP and MP and his computer is better than mine. So don't bother telling me he might not be able to run the game due to his specifications. Does anyone have a solution for this? I don't want to contact Activision about this because their support system is trash and I doubt I'll recieve any useful information. Also might I add you can choose 3 options. You can hit "Yes" and it tries to run in safe mode but still immediately crashes to desktop when it starts. You can hit "No" and it will try to run the game normally but STILL crashes to the desktop immediately after trying to start. Then of course there is "Cancel" and I'm sure everyone knows what that does.