1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2013 10:02 AM by Yppecaye_the_Dogged Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    TheAscendantOne

trialstardragon wrote:

Would those principles help? Not really since this is not real life and no bearing on real life or what people do outside of the game at all.

You are false here, those principles will help, because even though this is entertainment based in a virtual reality, the experiences between people are REAL. The experiences between players change everyone's experience of the game. The basic sportsmanship principles would help tremendously - I can tell you from experience that if you compliment the winning team or best player on a good and even match, the tone and mood of the lobby changes entirely, it goes from arrogantly competitive to synergistic, where you value the efforts of your opponent, learn and improve your own play.

• 71. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    TheAscendantOne

trialstardragon wrote:

Again I will repeat CoD is not a sport it is a video game. Not life and death, not reality. A means of entertainment and that is all. It is not refereed by anyone so there is no rules of sportsmanship within the game that anyone has to abide to ever other than no cheating/hacking/modding/glitching. Beyond that there are no special rules of how they HAVE to play the game.

Stop taking the game so serious as if every win or mach is a matter of pride or life and death and a mark against who you are as a person if you don't do your best for it is not.

Of course CoD is not a sport, it is a video game for entertainment. I am naturally competitive (as are most people) so I like to improve my own skill at the game, as oppose to staying the same or getting worse - so someone like me would value improved statistics (measure of skill/performance). Just because  I am competitive doesnt mean a game is life or death, I just dont play to lose, and if I do, I figure out why and areas for improvement to get better.

Even if arent competitive, you wont even concern yourself with stats, so they are irrelevant to you. What does it matter if you have 1000 statistics available to you or none? You dont even care about them so this thread is entirely irrelevant to you - and if you do care about statistics (I was assuming you were speaking your own personal opinion) you are 100% just trolling this thread with a positive contribution of 0% to its purpose.

• 72. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    trialstardragon

No, I am not false. For not everyone cares or ever will care about being a good sport and playing fair for COD is not a sport and most will never see as such no matter how many ever try to say it is. the experiences between people are not real, for it is not real. It is not even VR. Nothing you do in the game has any direct effect on the real world other than the stats. Toward your next statement not always does that happen. I have played numerous matches and said GG at the end just to be called trash and scrub by players on the other team.

• 73. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    trialstardragon

Increased numbers of stats leads to more epeen stroking and more name calling when ever anyone has lesser stats and that is something that should be discouraged not encouraged by adding even more stats for them to use to do so.

Attempting to say I am a troll just because you don't like how I post proves nothing at all other than the fact you don't like someone disagreeing with you.

• 74. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

trialstardragon wrote:

Would those principles help? Not really since this is not real life and no bearing on real life or what people do outside of the game at all.

Is not the rage quitter's experience real when he is beaten so badly and gets so frustrated as to make him quit something he was trying to enjoy?  Is not the cheater's reason for cheating real when he feels he needs to pretend to be more than he really is?  You are trying to separate the inseparable; that is, human emotions and attitudes are taken anywhere they are, into anything they do. 

Monopoly is also not a "sport", are you saying it's ok for someone to flip the board off the table if he lands on Boardwalk full of hotels?

I would dare to say what people do in a game has a lot of bearing on how they conduct themselves in real life.  If you're a rager in a game, you're probably a rager in other aspects of your life.  If you're a quitter in a game, you probably don't finish what you start in real life.  If you're a cheater in a game, you're probably that dude that copies from your neighbor's test.

Sportmentship is integrity, honor and humility.  Internet or not, either you have them or you don't.  And if mama didn't teach you, sports might have.  

• 75. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    trialstardragon

There is no sportsmanship in video games since they are not a sport. the only reason it exists in normal real life sports is because of the referee. Cod will never have a referee in each match.

No the rage quitters experience is no more real than the one he just quit on. Since the game is not real to begin with. Actually you can very easily separate the two. Emotions do not always have a place in games. Nor should one persons or one groups emotions be more important than anothers ever. Toward the monopoly game.. is it fair.. maybe not.. but can anything really be done about it.. no except choosing not to play with them again and not requiring someone else to do it for you. No how a person is in game has nothing on what they are in real life. I rage at the game at times but things in real life that would upset some people I tend to ignore and not even blink an eye over it. Not all cheaters in games cheat in real life. You are making too many grand assumptions about people based upon how the interact in a video game which is not real or life and death.

Honor has no place amongst video games for they are not real life. Integrity means nothing in video games where you can be the good guy or the bad guy at a whim. You don't have to be the good guy just because someone else says or thinks so. Humility has no place in video games for again they are not real. You are trying to bring real life morals and ethics to a place where they do not belong for this is not real life. This is fantasy where anyone can be anything they chose no matter what anyone else thinks or feels or wants them to be. And by doing so does not make them a bad person in normal life either.

• 76. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

trialstardragon wrote:

Honor has no place....Integrity means nothing....Humility has no place....

With that attitude, it's no wonder the game's full of trolls, cheaters, dashboarders, quitters, sore losers, etc.

With that attitude, why not?  Internet anonymity excuses all despicable behavior.

Forget accountability to others, how about just to your own conscience.

• 77. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    trialstardragon

My conscience is clear in what I do or how I play. For I do not answer to anyone but the devs in that regard ever. No player ever has any say in how I play or what I play as or with or why. Until that player buys my game. buys my console, buys my internet, buys my electric they have no say what so ever in how I chose to play a video game for fun and never will. I am not accountable to anyone else. I dont have to play by their rules or ethics or morals or standards and not my fault if they cannot understand or accept that either. They get to chose how they play and their game play alone, no one else's. They dont like it.. that is what the avoid feature is for on XBL. Not for some developers to hold their hand for them so they don't have too.

The accountability rest in the players that do not mark those they don't like as avoid. Not in the developers to make a special punishment or matchmaking system so they don't have too.

• 78. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    nuttin2say

I agree with the idea of being a good sport ... but the Little League analogy probably wasn't wise - I played on the worst team in the league when I was a kid and I don't recall 150 to 2 blowouts being allowed.

• 79. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

nuttin2say wrote:

I agree with the idea of being a good sport ... but the Little League analogy probably wasn't wise - I played on the worst team in the league when I was a kid and I don't recall 150 to 2 blowouts being allowed.

What a better situation than a blowout (lets say 25-0 in Tee-Ball) to teach young people how to win, and how to lose.  I'm talking about sportsmanship in general, and sportsmanship is relevant from Tee-Ball to Senior Softball Leagues.  LL was just an example.  No one's too young or old to learn to be graceful. 

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next