37 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 2:31 PM by ASpratt RSS

What is with the gamemodes?

evlkn1ght

No drop zone, hardpoint, HQ, or demo? Why even bother having a MP?

• Re: WTF is with the gamemodes?
    DalekonDrugs

Demolition was mostly a spawn trapping mode or a booster mode I can understand why that is not in the game, I love HQ and that mode has a lot of strategy and is no reason for it to be gone. Dropzone was a MW3 mode and was a bonus mode you cannot expect everything. Hardpoint was team based but the core element of that mode made it broken, the fact you could get 200 points for going on and off a hardpoint, really stupid idea it never rewarded people for defending it it only rewarded people for camping near it with no thoughts for the team. Buddy you never know with Infinity Ward and Activision they have been quieter than usual this year they could be screwing with us keep up hope. Like I said good riddance to demolition it was heavily abused by k/d spawn trap grinders and boosters.

bumbaklott

Yeah I'm really pissed about HQ being gone. We have had an HQ clan since world at war. All my friends play HQ and now the best game mode that has been there since the beginning is gone? WTF?!? I'm pissed.

Adam1234567893

They had to make room for their game modes and as for demolition that one was used to spawn camp the objective was never played and not to mention Infinity Ward wants to avoid the garbage spawn camper death threats this year cause of all the backlash Treyarch got at the launch of Black Ops 2 with their hard to exploit AI Controlled Spawn System and in MW3 Infinity Ward got death threats for making Demolition dynamic spawns so rather then get the same death threats this year by the garbage scum bags they removed it to avoid any spawn killer getting mad cause there won't be any excuse. That's the mentality of call of duty players these days rather then complaining about game breakers they now only complain about things to make the game easier for them cause they want their 5.0 K/D handed to them on a silver platter taking no skill or effort to do so. I mean if you are lazy on a video game you might have some issues. Back on topic though they made room for new game modes and they got rid of demolition for other reasons which is easy to guess cause demolition was only use to spawn camp the objectives were never played so there was no excuse to keep that game mode around.

adeadfox

New gamemodes in, least played gamemodes out.

nicedrewishfela

Hardpoint was a Treyarch add on.

Drop Zone was a haven for Boosters.

HQ was ok, but too predictable and became lightly populated.

Demo, same deal as HQ.

They have numbers, which trumps your perception. There are a lot of excellent game modes that we have played... plus it sounds like some interesting new ones, and the Playlists can be changed and some old favorites might be brought back.

biron_w

I wish they'd taken out TDM. It's the most boring mode ever.

Saying that I'm looking forward to trying Blitz, Cranked and Grind. And if I don't like them I'll stick to KC and Infected.

iamyourfather
      They could never take out TDM it is the most played gamemode in COD. Dont get me wrong i think its boring, but yesterday i went on Bo2 and there were 30,000 people playing it, the next highest was SnD with 11,000
      Yppecaye_the_Dogged

biron_w wrote:

I wish they'd taken out TDM. It's the most boring mode ever.

Saying that I'm looking forward to trying Blitz, Cranked and Grind. And if I don't like them I'll stick to KC and Infected.

A lot of people might say KC is one of the silliest inventions there ever were.  But then, I wouldn't say take it out because I don't like it.  I wouldn't assume that by taking out a mode, it would mean an addition of another.

Taking TDM out is quite a fantastic wish.

maccabi

evlkn1ght wrote:

No drop zone, hardpoint, HQ, or demo? Why even bother having a MP?

the type pf player you are is rather telling from the game modes you listed. all the ones you listed are historically the go to ones for easy kills/scorestreaks

Schuesseled

You forgot war, every call of duty since WaW has forgotten to include this epic game mode.

Tug of war domination, what could be better.

banned-again
    trialstardragon

DZ was just a boosters game mode for most stayed away and just killed those that rushed toward it for easy kills. Demo is another kill whores game mode where people try to spawn kill too much instead of planting the bomb and going for the win. A lot of people don't like the wait to spawn that is in HQ. HP was a 3arc game mode not an IW game mode.

codchamp

I was saddened to see most of the original game modes gone for ghosts. Headquarters is my most played game mode. I could understand Blops 2 dropping sabotage as i did play it but it always had a low population. At least we still have domination.

nuclear_soundwave

drop zone was camper city. just stepping out of your spawn got you killed. hardpoint was a pretty bad idea, you just stood there and collected points.almost everyone could just camp in the hardpoint and win.Demo,half the time, was actually pretty bad. every lobby i joined had both teams just camping and then when someone tried to plant the bomb no one defended it or tried to diffuse it (that would depend on who planted the bomb). but,if you want drop zone,look at hunted...its pretty much the same concept but with random weapons drops...

deamonomic

HQ always had a very small amount of players, as far as I have seen its the smallest out of any playlist, even league outstrips it now. But Demo is one I shall miss Lots of kills to be had even without spawn trapping. one thing I always find funny is people getting upset over spawn trapping in that gamemode. its kinda one of the points, especially on the smaller maps like nuketown.

trialstardragon

No spawn trapping is not one of the points. It is fighting to get the plant and defend it. Not spawn killing as in most cases happens more than just a spawn trap.

deamonomic

That depends, most people foolishly think that the best way to defend the bomb is to stand behind it, but in reality it is far smarter to advance and not let the enemy anywhere near the objective to begin with.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

trialstardragon wrote:

No spawn trapping is not one of the points.

If you get kills by camping at a spawn, that I'll have to say you gotta pretty sorry game.  If you anticipate and travel to and  from various spawns, then that's just good map skills. 

So, which one are you?  (Not directed at you, trial.) 

deamonomic

well if you played poorly enough to get pushed back and then trapped into your spawn, and if you continued to play poorly so as to be unable to escape who is really to blame?

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

deamonomic wrote:

well if you played poorly enough to get pushed back and then trapped into your spawn, and if you continued to play poorly so as to be unable to escape who is really to blame?

That's different from spawn trapping.  If you have a good team skilled at keeping the other team in front of you, then I would say you got good map skills. 

Slums is a good map to know how to do what you described.  But I wouldn't call that spawn trapping. 

deamonomic

then how would you describe spawn trapping? in order to be spawn trapped your entire team has to be killed off and at that spawn traps are not that hard to get out of even if you do get pushed back all the way, so if you continue to be spawn trapped the only person to blame is yourself

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

deamonomic wrote:

then how would you describe spawn trapping? in order to be spawn trapped your entire team has to be killed off and at that spawn traps are not that hard to get out of even if you do get pushed back all the way, so if you continue to be spawn trapped the only person to blame is yourself

Take it easy bro.  I know we've had our differences.  But I'm not disagreeing with you here.  LOL.

My def of spawn trapping is a narrow one (you may differ and I'm ok with it).  My definition is, without much clue as to where you are relative to others on the map, you camp out at a specific spawn point and hope for someone to spawn in front of you (more likely, this kind of wishful spawn trapper usually have their own teammates spawning next to them because the teammates are doing all the work on the other side of the map.)

I rarely get spawn killed because I know how to wait for the delay; fight the instinct to run right after spawing; throw a couple of smokes if things really get outta hand.  In fact, I tend to control spawns by being aware of where I am, where I am relative to my teammates, and where I am relative to my opponents.

A lot of people overlook the utility of simply pushing "START" (PS3) in game and observing exactly where teammates are located.  And if my team has an UAV up, forgeta 'bout it. 

deamonomic

the point where an enemy is spawning in front of you in my opinion anyways, leaves the realm of spawn trapping and enters spawn killing. Which players should be punished for. A spawn trap is a situation where you can spawn and not die, but try to leave that spawning area without taking into account where they are set up, and you will die. The difference is that in a spawn trap you have a chance to collect yourself and go "okay so hes camped out here, so when I leave this area I need to either book it that way or I need to be aimed right at his face... or I can find a spot to get the drop on them". But when getting spawn killed, your dead the moment you spawn. Anyone ever play Halo 2 during the modding period? you never truly spawned, your body just fell into a pile with everyone elses. That is what I deem true spawn killing >.<

My way of dealing with a spawn trap is just like I mentioned above, either I turn the corner and aim strait for their face hoping to out shoot them, or I run, jump, dive or whatever I can to throw off their aim until im out of their line of sight. The last option is to find a way to get to a spot to where you can engage them on more equal footing, as in you both have cover.

When I play I am constantly looking at the mini map every few seconds keeping track of where my team is and more importantly where they are not.

EDIT: just wanted to say that my initial posts were not meant to seem like they were attacking you at all, Im just stating that from my point of view is that unless lag is involved, it is almost always the players fault as to why they died.

Adam1234567893

But you have to admit it got boring once the objective was abandoned then it just became an annoyance. I think they should make a TDM type game mode with static spawns and call it here you go spawn exploiters have fun lol.

Noob_Lyncher

I'm just hoping that fthey have Hardcore Domination to go along with whatever new Hardcore modes they might bring. And it's kinda weird how Headquarters is gone, but Search still remains.

rustygun

I Agree. There seems to be a lot of really good stuff missing on ghosts. Let's forget all the boost bs, it was up to iw to make the point system fair. The point is that people enjoyed those game modes, I loved hard point/ drop zone and the forums showed their popularity. Theatre mode gone so we can't spot cheaters? No "you killed" pop up to show you who you killed, only the stupid kill feed thing. All the kill streaks we've had and seen before...do I go on......

jwaller123

As long as Domination stays I will be happy. Sound like I won't have a problem with that though as it is QUITE a popular mode. Switched to HC in the last title and havn't touched core for a long while (with exception to a little Nuketown 24/7) So as long as it is there in the HC playlist I will be one happy camper!! (pun intended..although I don't camp. lol)

kenib77

They removed low-populated playlists so most common game modes will have more players. Thats a smart move i dont see anything wrong.

Also i dont understand all this nostalgia about Hardpoint. You always find terribad mates or opponents making that game type very imbalanced

WKMMS

I would say because those modes have generally smaller player bases and didn't make the cut. 

sombrero1080p

all those game modes are lame

Tick7

Least populated game modes get cut.

New game modes take their place.

Why don't we see how the new ones play out before we start ripping everything apart