18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 10:26 AM by TheOnlyDeadChicken RSS

Black Ops 2 Cyberbullying is Prominent and The Worst

Spartan1910

I don't expect to be treated better here, maybe even worse. I'm a battlefield fan and I always will be. This is my story of why.

I've have purchased every Call of Duty since 4. Call of Duty was my favorite game until Battlefield Bad Company 2 was released. Even if BBC2 hadn't been released I would've eventually left the franchise. Why? Cyberbullying. The Community in this game is horrible and needs to be dealt with strictly, and precisely. So that when I join a game I don't have the fear of someone looking at my profile picture and making fun of me for it. I'M 19 YEARS OLD. Until tonight I have not been harassed like I just was since the 7th grade. I would post gameplay but the sound is horrible for some reason but I do have it recorded. I now fear for other people playing this game that might not be the skinniest or have the prettiest voice. The bullies out there are in groups and will pound you down with their words until you shake out of anger. Because of what happened tonight I will never purchase a Call of Duty game again for the multiplayer and I will refuse to let my kids play it when I have them. Back when I stopped when MW2 was getting bad with people like this I didn't think it would get worse but better. I was wrong, you need to deal with your community. There are kids out there committing suicide because of these things!!!! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT YOUR GAMES TO BE REMEMBER FOR!?! DO YOU WANT KIND OF PUBLICITY!?!?! What happened to the call of duty that was fun and exciting whenever I hopped on? What happened to your game, how did your community get like this?

• Re: Black Ops 2 Cyberbullying is Prominent and The Worst
    Momba1

Fortunately those incidents are few and far between, but are not limited to CoD, BF or any MP game. I would recommend the following:

1. Disable in-game Voice Chat
    2. Disable in-game Text Chat
    3. Make your Steam Profile private to just your Friends

The main thing that keeps me in CoD, BF, etc are that there are indeed 'good people' and for CoD I would explore joining a Clan. We all support one another and it's our friendship that keeps us going.

Good Luck!

- Momba

Spartan1910

Thank you for the reply Momba. I understand what you're saying but my argument is that I shouldn't have to do any of those things. How would I make friends in-game if I have those settings disabled? I'm truly upset about this. I've never been overly upset about an issue like this before. I can't help but think about what's going to happen to other people or what has already happened. I am editing together the video of all that happened to prove this isn't a fanboy troll. I would join a COD clan but I'm loyal to Right to Rebel from Battlefield 3.

ZombiesFan1

Mute system works wonders on those occasions

Lumamaster

I can see what you mean. I just don't let them get to me. Truth be told, ive racked up 280 hours on the game, i have NEVER seen a nondecent guy. Then again, i mostly play CT but just to have fun as ive gotten bored.

UndreamtStone

remember what our parents taught us and don't be so thin skinned....sticks and stones....not saying that that will take care of the problem but if you ignore them for what they are and move on....doesn't make it right..people are and always will be rude...that is their nature...sad thing is there are bullies everywhere....take a stand and tell them you are better than them by ignoring what they have to say...that usually gets them to stop...when they get to you they keep it up...if they think it doesn't bother you...then you win and they lose

Spartan1910

I know what you're saying... But I don't believe that. Words can be just as damaging as sticks and stones. I would ignore them but its just so damn hard when they pick at every little thing they could find on me. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Bv067O-Bw

Momba1

Crap like that happens all of the time, but pff I never take any of that crap seriously. Also and perhaps more important is that you're egging on these guys instead of simply saying nothing or typing nothing. I watched what you typed and said.

LoadedWithCheaters

These guys are losers. To bad you couldn't go and smack them in the mouth, that's what they deserve. (no respect) (just like all the punk lowlife lying cheaters I run into everyday) that turn a statement "lose the hack" into degrading me (they know they are cheating I know they are cheating) and yet the nonsense of how much I suck and whatever else they can think of saying continues.

No one needs any of this abuse. because that's what it is. There is really no solution to either of our problems. Maybe they should add cyberbullying as 1 of the reports for a temp ban. But then again the reports seem to go unanswered. The only answer is dedicated servers with admins who do not allow this. (but that is not going to happen)

Rethill2

I agree, this series' community is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Game insults are okay sometimes, like "lol noob" and "mofo", but when it starts to border on harassment and even cross into harassment, that's where I personally draw the line. I really don't get why people have to be so rude in a freaking video game! Yesterday I had someone telling me to eat a bullet, and I get tons of comments on how much of a scumbag I supposedly am, it's ridiculous, and I really wish 3arc actually responded to reports for offensive language, or any report really......

UndreamtStone wrote:

remember what our parents taught us and don't be so thin skinned....sticks and stones....not saying that that will take care of the problem but if you ignore them for what they are and move on....doesn't make it right..people are and always will be rude...that is their nature...sad thing is there are bullies everywhere....take a stand and tell them you are better than them by ignoring what they have to say...that usually gets them to stop...when they get to you they keep it up...if they think it doesn't bother you...then you win and they lose

It can be tough to ignore things when some of them go to the lengths to start turning people against you and s-talking you wherever you go. Amazing how ridiculous the internet can be really.

UndreamtStone

the cheaters usually just tell you that you suck at this game and then commence to harass you through the rest of the game.....it is a joke....and the report player evidently doesn't work or there would be more players banned...they ban who they want and leave the rest alone....if they actually looked at the reports of who was cheating the cheaters from day one would be gone by now....I know a few that have been here since day one that have admitted to cheating and are still around

weapon_11

im not a Pc player, im a ps3 player, but i can say that it is not just on PC, every one is a keyboard warrior when they get on the mic.. now we dont deal with hackers as much, but i think that this is a result of activison making the game as noob friendly as possible. not so much pc since you guys dont have aim assist, ( unless u have an aimbot lol) but having mechanics in the game that allow the casual gamer to thrive will have more and more squeekers, and social degens playing the game.. Now I am looking forward to ghosts, mainly because I am over bo2 and constant nuke town, hijacked picks, but i feel that this game (ghosts) will be broken i about a week on ps3, prob in a few hours from launch for PC

TheOnlyDeadChicken

But... if you weren't talking to them in the first place, they wouldn't have said anything. Either simply mute them or leave and find another lobby. These situations really ARE NOT HARD TO AVOID.

It is NOT the Call of Duty franchises fault for people like this.

weapon_11

there is a mute button, I agree, but i feel people shouldn't have to use that feature.. but since its there, you should use it if someone is harassing you.. there isnt a night someone is calling me something, you just have to shrug it off, reallyt hey are just a voice on the other side of psn, they have no affect on me