36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 3:49 PM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Hardcore game modes revealed

jaydyn119

Let's focus all discussion here: http://community.callofduty.com/message/414836423#414836423

Message was edited by: Foxhound-Pro

• Re: Hardcore game modes revealed
    kalph

No way...... !? I cant believe this.... i really cant. If this is true... for once.... im done with call of duty

killerofzombs87

it is true i rang activision before to report some concerns with ghosts. and i asked about hardcore modes he told me exactly whats on the list i like hardcore kc anyway so thats me sorted for hc modes i guess lol

kalph

its just sad man. every game its the same thing, hardcore players get screwed over by treyarch/infinity ward... never fails.

none of them get it right. at least black ops 2 got it right after 6 MONTHS! You figure that with Ghosts they would have learned... apparently they didnt. So I have to go around and tell all my friends that play only hardcore domination... that they cant... because Ghost gave them the big F you to its hardcore player base

Tick7

Why are people surprised?

The percentage of ppl that play HC compared to core has diminished year after year - largely because HC players can only blame themselves.

Less server space allocated to fewer players. Less server space is translated into less game modes.

kalph

I wonder why its diminished... shouldnt have to think too hard about that. Plus because of crap like this most leave call of duty for battlefield for this reason. Again call of duty gives the finger to hits hardcore player base. Core is pure crap

maccabi

Tick7 wrote:

The percentage of ppl that play HC compared to core has diminished year after year - largely because HC players can only blame themselves.

Less server space allocated to fewer players. Less server space is translated into less game modes.

utterly wrong but thanks for the input.,

Hc player base has INCREASED every game , bo2 hc made up 30-40% of the mp playerbase with only 4 modes.

Tick7
        Tick7

maccabi wrote:

Tick7 wrote:

Hc player base has INCREASED every game , bo2 hc made up 30-40% of the mp playerbase with only 4 modes.

Are you sure?

I remember reading on twitter a few big commentators saying that HC playlists are emptying out year by year.

I also remember a Major Nelson stat comparing HC in Black Ops and Black Ops 2, and it was definitely reducing.

EDIT - Didn't f1st make a video about it too?

nicedrewishfela

You put too much stock in Twitter and YouTubers. They have their own agenda.

Macc has connections within IW/3Arc/Activision, so I trust his information over some guy desperate for views/likes/subs/followers.

maccabi

Tick7 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Tick7 wrote:

Are you sure?

I remember reading on twitter a few big commentators saying that HC playlists are emptying out year by year.

I also remember a Major Nelson stat comparing HC in Black Ops and Black Ops 2, and it was definitely reducing.

EDIT - Didn't f1st make a video about it too?

theres your problem right there

Fedinggus

First off, there was no hardcore dom in bo2 until like 6months after launch.  Also, it is still possible they will be phasing more playlists in before the official launch on tuesday or at least over the next couple months.  I agree that three is pretty brutal and I am disappointed as a hardcore player myself.  Although, I refuse to believe that they aren't going to be adding more at some point in the not so distant future.

kalph

I aint picking this game up... until more game modes are added to hardcore. Im not gonna stick around and let these guys jerk all the hardcore players around.

Yes it took black ops 2 6 months to make right, their idiocy. If its going to take ghosts that long... its not worth picking up.

Fedinggus

I agree with you that this is a rough blow for the hc community.  I still don't understand why they don't just do a hc moshpit with all the objective game modes if they can't provide individual playlists for them all.

dirtycallahan

more people played hardcore in black ops 2 then mw3. i dont get how thats possible since you say that the hardcore population diminishes each year

jaydyn119

I didnt say it diminishes each year. But with these moves there could be a reason why it does. I understand that they want to get all the new game modes out and sitting there saying the more game modes causes for less server space is dumb. They are doing dedicated servers for this game so there should be a way around all that. How about you give your consumer the option of what they want to play Dom on. Either Core or HC. They pay the money for it, let them decide. It's pathetic. I canceled my pre order just a few minutes ago. I will wait to see if they add some to the XB1 game or if it is still 3. I won't make the same mistake that I did for BO2. Ill play GTA til the 22nd

jaydyn119

What is funny is HC pretty much got a 2 1/2 game mode playlist

you got TDM, KC and SNR. Which is pretty much TDM with a KC twist in by collecting Dog Tags of enemy to eliminate them

Wheels1AWTT

I play mostly HC TDM anyway so no big deal there but i do hope they will patch in a playlist for the new gamemodes rather quickly. And if you look at the totals HC population is usually about 25-35% of the total online so it's not as small as people make it out to be. I played HC this weekend on BO2 and it was roughly 70,000 on core and 27,000 on HC.

nicedrewishfela

Completely and utterly baffling to me.

otisman666

So there is no more HC SnD?  Seriously?  I am hearing rumors that there might not be a core SnD either, both were replaced with the SnR game type. 

That's a bummer.

maccabi

we have an already active and long dicsussion on hard core HERE --> http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200787715#.UnQHm3B7JIE

can we try to keep all hardcore discussions to ONE post.

@ps3noob we got it you got the game early  good for you

Tick7

Out of curiosity what other modes would HC community want?

I enjoyed HC Dom in Black Ops 2, but didn't really play any of the other modes so not sure what other ones people enjoyed.

I used to love HC HQ in Black Ops 1 - used to be all I played. Made the switch to core once they eliminated it.

jaydyn119

Dom, HQ, SND. Something with an objective base to it.

Tick7

jaydyn119 wrote:

Dom, HQ, SND. Something with an objective base to it.

Has HQ been in a CoD game since Black Ops 1?

I used to love it. Might consider a much regular return to HC if it does return; in my opinion it's the best game mode for determining truly just how good players are at CoD. A successful HQ player needs to have everything.

jaydyn119

Yeah I miss it too. Its why I enjoyed Domination. I like objective mode games so it penalizes players that just sit back and camp for kills. Your kills mean nothing in objective modes like Dom and HQ. Was talking to the gentleman at Gamestop and told him why I was canceling my pre order. He says IW and Treyarch are digging their own graves. They don't care about the feedback. They see $. If they take care of the people that play core they have nothing else to worry about. They will buy the game over and over and over again. Thats why you see all the new game modes come to Core.

kalph

I loved domination. Im just sick of hardcore being a place where were treated like the red headed stepchild of CoD, we dont matter. We dont get new content released to us a few times or its only in core and not hardcore, no new game modes, we lose game modes, have fewer options of game modes, now this crap. They are putting nails in the coffin for me. Ive cancelled my preorders for my wife and i, 5 of my friends have now as well, and I got almost 100 people i sent messages to. None of us play core.... Were pretty much all going to battlefield until they get their damn act together. This is beyond ridiculous

maccabi

PLEASE POST IN http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200787715#.UnQQvXB7JIE

IT HELPS IF WE KEEP ALL HARDCORE DISCUSSIONS IN ONE POST.

jaydyn119

Hey its the forum police. You and ps3noob can go call eachother names in another thread

maccabi

jaydyn119 wrote:

Hey its the forum police. You and ps3noob can go call eachother names in another thread

Well seeing as the forum rules are pretty clear on multiple threads on the same subject but whatever dude  we have a perfectly good discussion going with lots of feedback for IW in the thread I linked . if you're interest is more your post than hardcore than fine.

Just don't be butthurt when I speak to IW later about hc and ignore all your feedback OK x

jaydyn119

My feedback? Im pretty sure IW doesn't care about the feedback of just one person. Also just based on peoples reaction to the whole playlist decision there are going to be plenty of people talking to IW about this. And if you are so tight with IW, why don't you have a copy of the game yet?

maccabi

jaydyn119 wrote:

My feedback? Im pretty sure IW doesn't care about the feedback of just one person. Also just based on peoples reaction to the whole playlist decision there are going to be plenty of people talking to IW about this. And if you are so tight with IW, why don't you have a copy of the game yet?

Actually one piece of well thought out feedback or argument put forward does make a huge difference.never assume a lone voice is meaningless. As for having the game early IW don't dish out games Activision do and I don't agree with spouting off you have the game early .its before street date.

But whatever dude you be a help to hard core or not end of the day enough people know who I am especially when it comes to hardcore so just try to be a little bit more respectful of your forum peers when they are trying to help and stay frosty x

sombrero1080p

ive put in hundreds of hours in cod and never ever on hardcore, too campy.

ha ha! i like this thread.

Tick7

sombrero1080p wrote:

ive put in hundreds of hours in cod and never ever on hardcore, too campy.

ha ha! i like this thread.

I used to love hardcore.

It's where I got my start in CoD. CoD 4 and MW2 was all about the HC.

Then I found it to be just like you stated.

WAY. TOO. CAMPY.

People standing behind head glitches with target finger LMGs shooting people as they come across the map... fools don't realize that they can do that in core and still be successful lol.

I know there are a lot of great HC players in the playlists, but the HC population/community is largely people who don't know how to get proper kills and as a result resort to slow, tedious tactics. In Black Ops 2 it was unplayable for me. Dom was great -easy wins because no one ever played the objectives, everyone just hiding behind head glitches and corners.

It's become a joke. In MW2 HC felt like it was where all the elite, skilled players were.

Now it's just a wasteland full of small percentage of very good players, overwhelmed with people who can't maintain a shot.

jaydyn119

What ruined BO2 Dom for me was the whole switching of sides. I know people say they are trying to stop the spawn trapping but seriously. It takes 5 seconds to flip the spawn and you are right back where you were the first half of the game. I put BO down about 3 months ago. And recently put it back in and wasn't suprised at the low number of people online. Put GTA back in and haven't left it since. Since I canceled my preorder and used that money along with BO2 towards the XB1. I was hoping IW would of learned from Treyarch like we can't make this mistake that they made. But I was wrong