25 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 4:02 PM by DjRize RSS

The same old argument….

BlackhawkbillOO7

I'm looking forward to Ghosts because I really enjoy Infinity Wards COD versions versus Treyarch. I've played every multiplayer of COD from Modern Warfare through BO2 and went ahead and maxed Prestiged every game. I'm not bragging I'm just setting the premise for my point. In each game I learned and adapted my play style in order to enjoy what I like most about playing online…and that's winning. In each game there's a better ways to play each match…Some maps are better to run and some are better to setup a good defense and let the kills come to us (or what people call camping).

 

So my point is this…I really hope that Ghosts is a game that will actually be conducive to all playing styles. I like running and gunning on maps that are small and keeps the game moving fast. I also like big maps where I can pull out a Sniper Rifle setup in a good spot and just pick off enemy players…There's nothing like hearing a guy get killed saying "WTF, where did I get shot from?".

 

The theme that keeps cycling through the last couple COD's has been for every person that dies to call the one who killed them a camper…It's so stupid…You could be running at a full sprint and kill a guy and the first words you hear are F***ing Camper…The ignorance of the younger players, hell even the mature players is getting old. I hope that Ghosts provides a venue that will allow everyone to play their own style.

 

Good luck to everyone and I hope it's better than all the rest…Here's to hopes!!! Cheers!

  • Re: The same old argument….
    cubuff37

    Couldn't agree more bud. The COD community needs more guys like you. Like you, I have been playing COD MP since MW1, I haven't gotten to top prestige on all of them but I have prestiged on all of them. The main reason I play shooters is to snipe. From the second I got my first snipe or "hardscope" as some idiots put it, I fell in love with the playing style of a sniper. However, like you said, every map provides different challenges so as a player I had to evolve as we all do and now I enjoy the occasional run and gun madness from maps like Nuketown 2025, Dome, Rust, etc. But my biggest problem with COD MP as of late is the maps don't benefit everyone like they used to.

     

    It's becoming harder and harder to be an effective true sniper and it's because the maps are getting more crowded and the way they are laid out channels everyone to one part of the map. I'm not saying all the maps should be Seelow or Outskirts big, that would be unfair to the SMG and shotgun users. I'm saying the maps should cater to all playing styles. Whether you're using a sniper rifle, SMG, AR, LMG, or a shotgun you should all be given a fair chance at playing well. One of the nicest things I've heard about Ghosts from the developers is that the maps are going to pay attention to every playing style. I wish I would've saved the video where I heard that from but I know it was Mark Rubin that said it.

     

    Anyway, good luck to you Blackhawkbill, and happy hunting to everyone. Let's make it a good year! I'll cya in my crosshairs

    • Re: The same old argument….
      rainmaker6

      I hate sniping and do not have the patients to wait for opponents to enter my kill zone. Hate being killed by one even more. As contradictory as this might seem I do hope IW makes the game for all styles of play. That's what made MW1 and MW2 as good as they were. If they design the game were the assault rifles are the most dominant weapons (like in MW1 and 2) they should achieve a good balance. Give me my ACR or MK-14 with an ACOG scope and I'll give you guys a run for your money.

       

      As far as the maps go, what I have seen so far isn't encouraging. The one shot kill with sniper rifles to anywhere on the body except the foot is what may make the game sniper friendly. Maybe a little too friendly.

  • Re: The same old argument….
    MrAdaptability

    I agree over 9000%!

  • Re: The same old argument….
    banned-again

    only terrible players complain about campers in my experience and from what ive seen of the new maps its once again been made for the headless chicken crew ( run and gunners )

  • Re: The same old argument….
    Schuesseled

    Stop playing free-for-all, in team games you can't hear the opposing team. Problem Mother-F-IN solved. B to the F to the F, F, B.

  • Re: The same old argument….
    bullfridge

    i have to adimit i was one of them "f*****g camper" guys at first, definatly if i was on a good streak and then POP ya dead, but after a while of complaining i kinda got used to the challenge of trying to find ways around without getting my self killed numerous times in the process it became fun. when i finally unlocked my smg diamond camo in bo2 i moved on to a different class namely snipers....and now i have respect for anyone who uses them, i struggled in the complete style change,but on that note one time when it does really pee me off still is on a game like dom....when the person "camping" quite literally doesnt care about capping flags only about getting some kills and most likely the hight score streaks..i still think there is a time and a place.....

  • Re: The same old argument….
    altereqo

    I am taking time to assess the situation. If someone happens to run by while I am doing this... so be it

  • Re: The same old argument….
    Izjar11

    The hating will not go away, no matter what you do someone will call you a "camper, campero (spanish), corner hugger, garbage player, try hard, what ever other name losers come up with) its basically part of the game at this point.

  • Re: The same old argument….
    Spaceboss

    Good post.  I'm not going to be buying this Cod Ghost game until I see they support SMART play from all play styles. Sounds I'm complaining and I should say  "oh I don't like Run and Gunners they run too much and are to fast, that's cheap because they have the element of surprise on their side with a red dot knowing where I'm at."

     

    Really that is cheap though just as much as sitting in a corner waiting for someone to pass.(They have equipment to combat so for anyone wanting to try and prove a point "that's why the red dot would balance it".)

     

    There is a reason why everyone had the Ghost perk on and wanted to stay off radar the whole time even while being stationary. That reason is because having that red dot on mini map is cheap with it being a low killstreak/pointstreak reward.

     

    My idea is they should have made the UAV a personal UAV at the reward level it is now and for the whole team at the reward level x2 of what it takes for the personal UAV. That way it wont be spammed as much and well earned instead of it being running and luckly getting a few kills and supporting the whole team from playing cheap with the red dot mini map all from those few kills.

    • Re: The same old argument….
      Adam1234567893

      Your definition of smart is ACR Sitrep Pro and Recon Pro with a motion sensor I don't know how anyone can think that was balanced Recon made it where you didn't need UAV and Sitrep Pro was a wall hack involving sound basically allowing you to hear anyone from half way across the map. Your UAV balancing is far from balance I mean why shouldn't they be allowed to see you but you can hear them from across the map?  Sounds a bit hypocritical if you ask me they can't know your location but you can hear them from all over the map. How is it stealthy play when they know where you are at? Someone who uses Stealth stays in the back locations gets a kill then moves on they don't sit in the exact location. This isn't a matter of stealth this is a matter of stationary play where the stationary player knows when someone is coming without even trying you just want the game to cater to your play style only. Ever think that your success while camping was from other players moving? I mean you get rid of the ability to move and be successful it forces players to be stationary getting rid of your success.

      • Re: The same old argument….
        Spaceboss

        Never said that was my definition and actually I didn't use motion sensor because it showed my location to the enemy.  You just think camping is cheap because you like to complain?  Uav at a low reward level is unbalanced so my way would balance it.  And about the sound of course your going to hear someone running from foot steps but theres a perk for that to counter it. You obviously don't know how to adapt and play smart just like to complain and get others playstyle perks changed so stop whining and adapt. Use a grenade check corners, don't run with your head cut off.

        • Re: The same old argument….
          Adam1234567893

          Lmao I actually I do know how to adapt cause I don't need a sound wall hack known as Amplify in Ghosts in order to go 32-1 I didn't need to camp and it was in MW3 not even Black Ops 2. I love how quick you are to judge just because I don't agree that Amplify shouldn't be a wall hack and you are telling me that I need to adapt please. I am a tactical player so your rusher insults have no meaning I could be immature back and call you a legless cow waiting for grass to come to them but I won't say it I will remain mature about the matter. Also Amplify has no counter in this game there's no equipment saying it counters amplify and there's no perk that says it counters amplify. So how do you adapt to something that has no counter please enlighten me. I don't think camping is cheap I think getting rid of everything that counters it is cheap big difference I want balance not a game that caters to only me like you keep suggesting you want the game to make your play style invincible and that's why I am questioning you not because I am some rusher that wants easy mode. Also it says on Dead Silence that Amplify counters it so there's your credibility gone cause you are wrong it has no counter. Isn't that what you "campers" did to Dead Silence? You changed it for stealthy players so you can hear them across the map cause they were catching you off guard making it where Sitrep Pro counters Dead Silence. Seriously everything you say either has no credibility or it contradicts your argument.

    • Re: The same old argument….
      kalph

      which is why hardcore exists.... for true hardcore players. not the sissies that rely on red dots on the HUD.

       

      but ghosts butchered it in this game. with only 3 game modes.... 3...... three...... so i wont be picking this game up until the hardcore community gets so damn recognition and attention.

  • Re: The same old argument….
    Adam1234567893

    Finally someone who agrees that ALL play styles should be able to play.

  • Re: The same old argument….
    r8edtripx

    BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

     

    In each game there's a better ways to play each match…Some maps are better to run and some are better to setup a good defense and let the kills come to us (or what people call camping).

    All maps are easier to do well as a camper. Forget the cliche corner camper. I'm talking about all campers, as in the people that claim, "I'm not a camper, I'm just holding down an area." - If you're not moving enough to keep the Treyarch Black Ops 2 Ghost perk active... You're camping.

     

    You're a camper, just come out and say it.

     

     

     

    BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

     

    So my point is this…I really hope that Ghosts is a game that will actually be conducive to all playing styles.

     

    You're a camper, just come out and say it.

     

     

     

    BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

     

    I also like big maps where I can pull out a Sniper Rifle setup in a good spot and just pick off enemy players…There's nothing like hearing a guy get killed saying "WTF, where did I get shot from?".

     

    There you go. You said it. Admitting you're a camper is the first step to recovery. Lol!

     

     

     

     

    BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

     

    The theme that keeps cycling through the last couple COD's has been for every person that dies to call the one who killed them a camper…It's so stupid…You could be running at a full sprint and kill a guy and the first words you hear are F***ing Camper…The ignorance of the younger players, hell even the mature players is getting old. I hope that Ghosts provides a venue that will allow everyone to play their own style.

     

    Oops, there you go again, slipping back into denial. Shhhh. It's ok. Camping is a legitimate playstyle. Some of us don't get enjoyment out of it, but if you do, it's ok.

     

     

     

     

     

    BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

     

    The ignorance of the younger players, hell even the mature players is getting old.

     

    This whole argument is getting old. <correction: IS old> ...but we all get sucked back into it. We just can't help ourselves.

     

     

     

    BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

     

    Good luck to everyone and I hope it's better than all the rest…Here's to hopes!!! Cheers!

     

    Keeping it classy; I like that. I also hope Ghosts is better then all the rest, but it would've had a much better chance if campers didn't get their stealth back. Anyway, here's hoping!! Cheers!

    • Re: The same old argument….
      BlackhawkbillOO7

      You mad bro? LMAO!!!!

       

      Based on your reply you're exactly the whiny player that I was talking about. What happened little fella…did a big bad camper ruin your care package streak while you were beasting??? LMAO!!! Or was it when you were hiding in a little corner in hopes of getting that 4th kill so you could get that UAV you worked so hard for? LOL!!!

       

      See how easy it is to be a douche like yourself…Probably not…Anyway, it appears you were unable to comprehend the point I was making so I'm not going to try to break it down any further for you so... Take care and good luck!!!  

    • Re: The same old argument….
      Izjar11

      Did you just call him a camper? Cause thats messed up, calling the OP a camper when he wrote about not wanting to be kinda one but has no choice because it works for a few kills until I die and that corner is empty kinda dude? NO! Dont.

  • Re: The same old argument….
    Johnbonne

    By the looks of things, with the way 'dynamic' maps are being introduced to Ghosts, there'll be little room to sit and hide. Snipers will likely have to be on the move regularly because of how the environments shift thanks to other players' input (intentional or accidental). The best example of this is Strikezone, where upon using an Odin strike the map undergoes radical changes, opening up and closing down a lot of areas. Whether this will be seen in other maps or not I've no idea.


    But yes, hopefully all play styles will be carefully considered and implemented in future map packs and games.

  • Re: The same old argument….
    DjRize

    I totally agree with the "Camper Mentality" however with ghosts I also think the whole blame "Lag" will be there more than ever. From what I have seen so far these guns just melt kids, worse than MW3. So It's going to seem like your getting 1 shotted more than ever