26 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 9:59 AM by eleven1181 RSS

Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers

eleven1181

Looks like activision lied to everyone quickscoping is 100% in ghosts watched my m8 get a quad feed tonight on Dom and also seen host migration. Why would they say there's no QS and dedicated servers ?

• Re: Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers
    maccabi

eleven1181 wrote:

Looks like activision lied to everyone quickscoping is 100% in ghosts watched my m8 get a quad feed tonight on Dom and also seen host migration. Why would they say there's no QS and dedicated servers ?

is the game out? no there's you're answer to one part the second where did IW ever say you couldn't qs ..

eleven1181

A Guy from activision said in a interview a month or 2 ago it's on YouTube can't remember his name, that they had removed QS and that it would not be in ghosts. A Los can't believe they said we were getting dedicated servers, am I right in thinking it's impossible to get host migration on dedicated servers ?

vims1990

Just quoting from Mark Rubin (Executive Producer at IW):

However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves.

https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/376064752390516736

If you read the bolded part, he didn't exactly say it had been completely removed.

I don't agree with quickscoping being viable in COD but just by reading between the lines of what Mark said, I had my doubts that quickscoping would not be possible.

About dedicated servers, I'm assuming they won't be live until the game is officially released.

RenovaKunumaru

As far as I understood, the dedicated servers will be a mixture of regular hosting as we know it and dedicated servers as we've been promised.

Why they went this route? I don't know.

wsb991

They probably said there are dedicated servers because there are dedicated servers, but they are only used for competitions.

sennalike

The game hasn't been officially released, so stop complaining.

There will be a mix of dedicated servers and player hosting.  I had six months on BO2 under DS with not a single host migration.  All that time others were still complaining about host migrations, so not everyone will benefit.

As for quick scoping, I don't like it, but get over it and learn to cope with it.

eleven1181

Your missing the point they told us we were getting dedicated servers they never said anything about regular hosting and have you seen the QS videos yet ? If not you should take a look they look crazy OP and before you say anything I can QS myself pretty gd cause it takes zero skill unless you call tapping l1 r1 skill.

madridboy86

they also said there was no theatre mode in ghost or any type of eSport there's two more lies coz there is, also I would bet ya money that the dedi servers won't come into force until the xbox one comes out, even people on the 360 side are complain about not having dedis

• Re: Re: Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers
        vims1990

eleven1181 wrote:

Your missing the point they told us we were getting dedicated servers they never said anything about regular hosting

They did state there is regular hosting or in technical terms, "listen servers". It's a hybrid system where you will have an option of using dedicated servers or listen servers.

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.

Twitter / IWMarkRubin: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY ...

MrAdaptability

Ghosts uses a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers (aka P2P). Also TU1 has not been released, you could quickscope in BO1 before the release day patch. Not to mention it was never said QS was for sure gone, just that it would be different than what we're used to.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Reading this thread confirms why I'm not buying this game at release.

People, wait a little before buying it.  Let the impatient be the lab rats. 

TrueGamingMafia

They did say they would be using a mix of Dedicated AND Listen servers.

Merlyn57

Just the same old crap, might have to try something different like battlefield.

LATU

The advantage of having to start work early , I was asleep while everyone was lined up

Still on the fence about buying it,maybe this series is dead to me

IndyOldDude

The snipers are just as bad or maybe even worse than BO2 and MW3,
    quickscoping,  hitmarkers 3 feet above your head or to the left of right of you, but you still die.....guess I shoulda known...

ExEzELITE

Im sorry there is a huge community that was heartbroken about no quickscoping. Its run on youtube if u have a problem 1st be good at it say its too easy then try it. Because anyone with issues doesn't have the skill. If it was so over powered you would use it. I started in MW3 but I have been playin COD since Cod2 on XBOX360 QS is the most difficult challenging task to learn and be effective disagree the try it. OR SHUT UP

MysticJon

I bought Ghosts only because its supposed to be running on dedicated servers, but after playing it for a few hours, I have to ask. Does CoD Ghosts really run on dedicated servers? I ask because I'm still experiencing lag and latency issues, issues with the kill-cam not matching what I saw on my screen and losing connection to the host, which is impossible on dedicated servers unless you actually powered down the servers.

Anyone else feel that the game doesn't run any smoother, despite supposedly using dedicated servers now?

As for quick scoping (which I call glitch scoping) as well as drop shotting (which I call glitch shotting), there's no reason to have them except to satisfy the little kiddies.

Ham_Wallet168

I haven't had any issues with lag or host advantage/disadvantage. I also haven't had any disconnections or host migrations. They said there would be a mix of dedis and P2P games. I thought I read somewhere that if you weren't close to a datacenter and could get a better connection on a P2P game, it would put you on P2P. Don't quote me on that as I don't remember the source. I live near Dallas on a really solid connection so I may always be playing on dedi's. If you are on P2P, I have no idea what mechanics they use for lag compensation. I remember I was unstoppable on MW2 and BO1. I play on a 50/50 meg metro E with a public, static IP on my PS3. I was always the host. When MW3 and BO2 came out it seemed like they placed the host at a disadvantage, so I throttled my bandwidth down to my PS3 and took other measures to ensure my pings were 80-120ms. After that I was unstoppable again. I'd give it a few more weeks for them to patch these issues. In their defense its got to be very difficult to design a game this massive and stress test it completely before it goes live.

eleven1181

Getting lag again today got two bad deaths on the last game I played seen the guy start to shoot screen jitters about and then I die I don't even see the enemy shoot, it looks just like the lag switch videos on YouTube. Why won't activision just pay for the dedicated servers, also it's only mild lag every now and then nothing like black ops 2 but it's still annoying

MonkeyHero001

Well i dont know if we are on dedicated servers or not but there is a problem. Last night, I was playing a squads online. At first a few matches were fine. Then i decided to switch it up to multiplayer matches. When i switched and tried various match types, all it did was keep looping "Testing Matches..." It kept doing it over and over and not putting me in a match. I switched back to the squads online and even there I was having this problem in all match types except for Squad assault.  I dont see how this can happen when it was showing like 60k people logged in for multiplayer tdm and showing that it is testing 50+ games. How can the system not find me even one suitable match?