30 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 2:39 AM by Aotearas RSS

One of 500 - Prestige Edition: Question

Aotearas

Hi fellow forumites and future CoD brethren:

I just came here to ask a simple question for which I've found no answer whatsoever anywhere I looked. If by any chance I missed some news/blog/whatever that dealt with my issue, I beg your pardon in advance.

Now, without further ado, my question:

As one of the first 500 guys to attend the GamesCom booth this year and having won a free Prestige Edition for CoD: Ghosts, how is the whole thing going down?

I have not received any confirmation eMail or the likes as I'd expect and on top of that there doesn't seem to be a Prestige Edition planned for PC, at least in my region as far as a quick search around the common retailers turned up.

So, with me obviously wanting my copy for the PC, there's that one issue, but the overarching problem is the complete lack of feedback. Other than a pat on the back and that little piece of paper at the exit of the booth that day, I have no clue how progress is going along.

Anyone knows something, or can point me to the right people to ask?

Thanks

Aotearas

• Re: One of 500 - Prestige Edition: Question
    wierd worlds are these

As your a pc gamer you probobaly don't qualify for the free prestige edition since we as pc gamers get screwed over everytime with these editions and support.

Hope you get it sorted and hopefully they will just swap the console version for a pc version of the game and season pass, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

maccabi

don't worry about the lack of communication you'll be contacted closer to the time of release

as for the pc part of your query, to date only a digital he for pc has been announced I honestly dont know what if any other versions will be released BUT.. and this is an assumption by me so take as such., I cant see activision organizing something like the first 500 offer which they have had planned for months without considering all the different platforms and issues that may arise so i would assume at the very least if there isnt a pc prestige edition per se they will give you the physical items of the pe and a digital he edition. (again i am stressing thats an ASSUMPTION on my part so should not be taken as fact)

Aotearas

Well, I certainly hope so.

Frankly, as long as I get the game and such I'd be happy. The HD camara is a very nice gimmick, but afterall just a gimmick, so if I absolutely had to chose between getting a console and Prestige Edition or OC and Hardened, I'd take Hardened, though obviously that's leave a sour taste after I almost got trampled by all those stupids on that thursday morning. Can't even go and wait patiently in the line ...

FULLBLACK2

I really cannot provide with any suggestions, however, all I can is that I wish you the best of luck and I hope you will acquire the copy of Ghosts. You deserve it the least. Perhaps have a little patients until the launch date and you may receive it! Be Hopeful!

Aotearas

Sooo ... still not a drop of intel on this issue.

Does anyone know whom from Activision I might shoot an EMail to inquire about it?

Thanks

Aotearas

Okay, I had sent an EMail to Activision (more accurate to the head of PR (want something done, get to the top was the thinking)), but have yet to receive any reaction. Now three weeks to release. If they are really going to ship anything over from the US, the deadline is growing near and without any kind of communication I think I somehow fell through the cracks of their system ...

Does anyone in here know people from Activision I could talk to with this matter?

edit://

Just spent the whole time trying to find an email adress of other wise contact option to inquire about this, but there is NOTHING.

If anyone has got an idea how to solve this, please let me know.

ProperDedisNeeded

Don't get your hopes up. In all seriousness since there won't be a prestige version for the PC it is highly likely that IF you do end up getting a free copy they will ONLY offer you a console prestige copy.

I'd be very surprised if they even answer your e-mail, especially given Activision's long track record of completely ignoring PC customers.   It's almost like they have a filter that auto-deletes any e-mails from PC users.

Either way, if by some miracle you do get a PC version for free, it won't be anything other than a standard digital copy as that's all they offer on PC.

Good luck.

Aotearas

Well, just checked back Twitter (thanks for NOT sending me a notification per mail being instructed to according to the checked option in the settings by the way ...stupid Twitter) and they said they can't help and "I would be contacted soon" ... well, whatever.

Apparently no one is responsible for that whole promotion so I guess my chances to actually get anything despite still having that cute little flyer in front of me on my desk are quickly approaching zero.

Doubly so as the promotional talk was about shipping those free Prestige Editions straight from the US, which would mean the deadline is about a week before release, as in about right now ... and they don't even know my adress yet, because they never bothered to ask.

Real smooth, Activision, real smooth.

maccabi

everyone who won a 500 ticket is being contacted atm . the game is two weeks away dont panic

the german team is grinding away contacting people as is the uk team.

TSYTSMAN

Did you get any reply from the head of PR you emailed to? 

caboboy2008

idk about you guys but in holland firstlook the first 500 we received a band at arrival that allowed you to enter the cod booth first and play the game and after that you receive a small paper where you had to put you name, email, country, state, birthday

address and what console u want it on and after that you hand it over    but still i have got nothing back yet not even a email to confirm that i will be getting it on november 5      and i was there 4h before opening and i woke up ******* early to get there i was standing in line for 4h i will be pretty mad i am a cod fan-boy sinds cod2 if i don't get that may change...... i hope i get           

razvanciurez

Well... it's called "Ghosts", you know!? Expect to be surprised...

Aotearas

As it turns out, I am now looking at a XBox360 Prestige Edition.

It appears that fansites were indeed correct with their news that GamesCom participants will recieve XBox360 versions.

Unfortunately, it is useless to me and evidence of a disheartening lack of communication regarding this promotion as detailed here: One of 500: an open letter to Activision