11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2013 11:20 AM by [pde]paulkersey RSS

64 slots

Postmanliver

I have heard that there will be private servers up to 64 slots. Is this true?

• Re: 64 slots
    Maxxgold

They have lied to everyone and stated the we will have rent-able dedicated servers but they lie so much you can't believe anything they say. They lie to get as many sales as possible and then they just stop talking to the public. That being said there will be no 64 slot servers. The maps are so small it would just be a mess. If you want 64 slot games go rent a BF4 server.

Victel

I hope that is true. What scares me is the idea of being stuck with only 11 other players per match.

[pde]paulkersey

I wish, but it isn't going to happen. The consoles are taken care of first and then... well, that's about it. I asked for at least 32 players years back and we won't ever see that either. All they care for is consoles 6 vs 6. 32+ players is definitely a lot of fun on WaW and I wish we could see a WaW II, but it isn't going to happen. With more slots on dedicated servers, the possibilities include 12 players up to 32+ players which means more choice for the players.

MrAdaptability

There has been no official source confirming anything other than they are "looking into" adding rentable servers, a server browser and mod tools post launch. If that happens and you CAN adjust playercount I really hope it doesn't go that high. The maps simply are too small for such a large amount of players. Now 24-30 players I think could work but that is the maximum I see being viable on the current maps.

Reminds me of all of the COD4 servers anymore are 54 players and it's nothing more than a clusterfuck. More players just doesn't = more fun

n1Assassin

I never felt that clusterfuck in cod4 and i played on server with 64 players. Skill up bro!

There are to many people that are close minded in here. No one is foricing you to play on 64 slot server,play on 24 i dont care.

Let them deliver 64 slots and rentable servers and if that happens guess what you can choose on which server you will play.

MrAdaptability

When you spawn in front of other players that are ADS, ya there is a problem.... "skill" Has nothing to do with it, if the game was designed for that many players then fine, but it's not.

[pde]paulkersey

@

Cyellowan

So, people are getting their "titties in a twist", or so they say. Look. Because of the matter of fact that there is practically NOTHING solid shown to us PC gamers on the PC platform, all we can hope for is that Infinityward did not act like a bunch of jerks and trashed the idea of having dedicated servers

Which i personally strongly doubt will be a problem to us anyways, as so thus far, it seems to be that using servers on the next-gen systems and on the PC will be the simplest, best and most efficient way for them to manage anything related to game lobbies.

In BO2, ANY LOBBY is actually being played on a server as well; thus, the stability was overall a lot higher and the experience where a lot more enjoyable in my opinion. But what i am getting at is that there has not been any REAL host (Peer to Peer host) service going about since MW3, which technically also had servers to play games on. But those again was not "ranked", and so we did not get any XP. (They where also hard to find... Very lame).

So to round this scattered rant up: It seem VERY UNLIKELY that there will NOT be any servers. And the character you are in the game moves pretty fast. All maps look medium-sized (I've had a good look), so 18 Players max should be a lot of fun in my opinion.

ThePopeXIII

COD needs to increase size of their maps I think everyone can agree on this. Im not talking BF sized then people would be like we need vehicles and all goes to hell... I mean like small cities or something some well balanced farmland similar to those of BF yes, but no need for vehicles... Areas where you can have snipers and CQB use the weapons as they are intended!

GamingArg

24 or 32 slots is very good