17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 6:42 PM by Adam1234567893 RSS

Is it just me?

axiscrisis

I have been playing the game for a few hours at a friends house and I have to say it is not a good game.this is my personal opinion but the maps are horrible and have ruined the game for me so early in its life cycle.the game play itself is OK but the maps feel poorly designed and very large.after 4 hours of playing i have only enjoyed 4 maps which happen to be the smallest on the game.

this may be just be being slow to adjust to a brand new play-style but as it goes I cannot see myself playing this game for much longer if the map situation is not sorted out

• Re: Is it just me?
    deamonomic

another CoD another person who thinks the maps are terrible. happens in every cod. Personally I tend to like just about every map with a few exceptions.

iHattoriHanzo0

Two things that usually make me dislike a map are terrible respawn systems and overplaying it in rotation. Very rarely because of "poor design" and "very large". We will see.

ChronoZombie

He's clearly just trying to sound cool by showing off that he played the game early, and he only likes small maps, which is for impatient players who can only get cheap wins by spawn trapping. I loved small maps in WaW and MW2 when there were only 2 or 3 of them in the entire lineup, but MW3 made every single map close quarters and killed long range sniping, so I miss the large maps.  I still enjoy the small maps so I can use shotguns, but variation in map size allows for meaningful differences in class loadouts.  I love shotguns, but i don't want them to be the right choice every single match.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

The maps are not terrible. It's just that a regular 6vs6 is slow with the size of these maps. Ground War would rock but for some reason, IW omitted its inclusion on the 360 and PS3. I could only suspect that they are trying to sell the next gen consoles and this is one of their ways to entice people to upgrade.

chalmerzxd

Yes it's just you, it's your opinion isn't it?

Parmersan_XBL

I personally think the maps are amazing! I really love the majority of them... But of course you get those maps that are small and the spawns suck but I get live with that.

baggies13

I agree I keep getting told that the maps are too big and the uav system is just awful plus every game mode is dead and too slow ! also WHY take out Hardpoint, hq and snd when they have been in call of duty for so many years and people enjoy them  ! even if not enough people play them .... just leave them in the game and put new more game modes in so you get a bigger / better choice what to play.

nicedrewishfela

Maybe would be more productive to explain what you don't like about them? What could be improved?

And playing before mass release without Title Updates.... whats the point?

Adam1234567893

Big maps aren't bad you just need to get that camper/rusher/spawn exploiter mentality out of your gaming and learn to adapt to the map and no I am not calling either of those I only named them just in case. Big maps don't actually mean big maps because you can adapt to them and find a part of the map that you like being in for whatever reason which would result in the map feeling smaller and more fast paced that's what I did in MW2 I found an area that I liked and either made the enemy come to me or I caught them off guard by coming to them. So before you say the maps are too big take my advice and find an area of the map that you like to rush or camp or play in and it will be like being in a small map only if you are rushing or camping you have a better chance to catch the enemy off guard.

Axey

There you go again.  We get it, you don't rush and you like to sit back and wait for people.  Really we understand.  Unfortunately a lot of us that like Call of Duty for certain reasons are disappointed because this game is strong on the passive/wait factor. 

Adam1234567893

Oh no actually as soon as I get marathon and agility I am set up to run n gun I haven't unlocked them yet so forgive me for telling people to get that camper and rusher mentality out of their brain. I am a tactical player so I move or wait either way I adapt. Campers hate this game too not me though cause I can finally flank people.

deamonomic

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Oh no actually as soon as I get marathon and agility I am set up to run n gun I haven't unlocked them yet so forgive me for telling people to get that camper and rusher mentality out of their brain. I am a tactical player so I move or wait either way I adapt. Campers hate this game too not me though cause I can finally flank people.

High five for flanking! its always the best way to undo your enemies, find where they mostly go and flank that. I like blitz for that reason, Find a way through. that is your goal and its something I have always been good at. Its a simple matter of knowing where your enemies are and using the best cover possible to get as close as possible.

and to the people who believed quickscoping was gone... lol... lololololololololol

Adam1234567893

It's a little harder to quickscope but it's still there cause now your bullet goes where ever it's pointing. lol all the anti-quickscopers are probably crying saying it's still in the game so I am going to Battlefield lol.

deamonomic

Im willing to bet desslok raged the first time he got QS and snapped his disc in half XD

Adam1234567893

lol It's so much easier to snipe in this game then it is to quickscope I love it cause now I can use my sniper skill to make people rage harder. I made a group of snipers mad cause they were trying to position their shots only to have me aim at them and kill them while they were still aiming. Shotguns no longer screw me over at medium range so I am happy. I think this is a good game because it's the first Call of Duty in ages that I actually had to learn the game and maps again.