23 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 7:16 PM by Coakley RSS

should I buy Ghost?

madridboy86

After here alot of people moaning about ghost I'm on the fence here, should I waste £40 on it for current Gen (e.g. PS3) or get it on Next-gen (PS4) or should I just go out and buy the PC version

• Re: should I buy Ghost?
    phxs72

If you are not sure, I'd just wait and see what people are saying later on.  The first couple of weeks for any new CoD tend to be full of patches.

madridboy86

mmm true and when in the first 6 months it gets hacked again :/

PRaNK5STa7

Already hacked bro just the way IW like it, just check out any other IW cod everyone is hacked and unplayable. Won't be long until everyone is hacking this one too. Save your money buy battlefield it much better.

madridboy86

yea I know it's hacked man I seen the videos and the twitter link going and I have a feeling IW wouldn't fix this mess as they'll want us all to go out and buy a next gen system, that's quite weird man, I have BF4 on my MAC (playing it on windows 7 via bootcamp) and I can play it 30 FPS on Ultra with a GTX 680 MX on Campaign with no lag spike not trying MP on BF4 tried the beta and didn't like the feel of it, so I'll be stick to single players unless it has Co-op then I'm down playing with other people in Co-op mode

mht6468

£30 and you can have mine.

Spaceboss

If you want to play the next Cod and receive new maps and think a FPS game is fun I would. If you think it's going to be a waste than I think you have your mind made up.

rcaluw

well, I enjoy the game, a lot of people cry about the big maps, but i find they are awesome and open up the possibility to use different play styles. I really like the idea of being able to hide in a corner and snipe people with a silenced sniper. In bo2 this was absolutely impossible since you'd get no-scoped or quickscoped. There is also a verticality that was absent in bo2. you can hide on way more levels wich makes hiding possible. On the other hand, connection wise it same **** different story. you get insta-killed all day long. pretty much only instakills honestly. Gun balance is really really good. oh and shotguns are useless

madridboy86

damn I like the shotguns , oh well better go back to the drawing broad with the AR & SMGS then , and also it's get kills or be killed, also is it cheating if I'm using a controller instead of a K/M

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

I Bought it, I'm not big gamer by any means. I play to have fun. No matter what game it is people will always complain.

madridboy86

I'm the same, I play to have fun, not to ***** and moan, yea okay I moan a little bit and get annoyed form time to time, but I'm not sitting there scream like a banshee on a mic for christ sake, when someone kills me with a some gun

Sh4ThraX

Unless you have quite extreme reflexes i would advise you not to.. hardcore is playable but only to a certain extend, extinction though very good and very rewarding compared to zombies.

madridboy86

well I have crap reflexes, and slow reaction time, so guess I'm bugger either way , and I don't play HC, only core, but I'll wait and see how I feel at the weekend and if it get's any better on the forums, but I'll wait and see

PainofJustice

if huge maps and 25% health is your style then knock yourself out

toolofopiate1

If you get it for ps3 it comes with a coupon to put in PSN on the ps4 to get the game for 10 bucks its worth it! This game is not a true next gen its still to early, they ported it to the ps4 and xb1 it looks like the pc version maxed out on 1080p.. The current gen looks like the other CoD's the game i will tell you runs smoothly and tons of options and customizations and bots so you can practice those reflexes of yours before going online. The A.I. is quite good too.

madridboy86

well I'm not getting a PS4 until say mid 2014 until I know all the patches have came out and gaikia launches here in the UK which might not even be until 2015, as we european always get everything last so it might be the next cod I'll be getting, yea I'm also hearing the PC side are really PO'd about ghost looks like Rubin can't please anyone atm

CharliesWar

Buy it for your current Gen Sys, then upgrade to Next Gen and Upgrade your game to PS4 for $9.99 easy peasy cheddar cheesy...

Sh4ThraX

Tbh i think you should play the game somewhere before you buy it experience it first hand because it is definately not for all call of duty fans if you've always loved core i would recommend you trying it first and see what you think

MrPlow-C

Honestly, no. 

Save your money.  The graphics are awful.  Like, AWFUL.  I played for a few hours last night and had a terrible headache and felt dizzy from trying to focus on everything.

The UI is ugly and cumbersome.  Frame rates are terrible.  And yes, there is lag.  Perhaps it's only because it's a new launch etc etc- but I'm guessing it's because IW choose to forego the textures pack that treyarch rolled out for BO2.

Hopefully I can get rid of this game soon and get some of my money back. 

jblaze215
    Extremely disappointed in the game. I wish I didn't buy the season pass and would return it if I could. Will have to look for another game to play. Very let down after all these years.
    Kaeloe

I'll give you mine!!!! Don't waste your time! You have been warned

Coakley

you can have mine for $20. damn i'll sell it to you for $10. game sucks, graphics suck. its like MW3 all over again. game is hacked. you go around a corner and get killed even before you see the guy. then you spawn and get shot in the back. spawn again and get shot again. spawn again and get shot again. at the end of the game you are 15-20 with over half your deaths from spawns and the guy that kills you from around the corner. game is a GD joke. not fun. just a giant camp fest. oh ya. did I mention the game SUCKS!! you'll have more fun whacking yourself in the head with an ice pick. like the guy said earlier, pretty soon this game with be like world at war where guys will be flying around with snipers . stay away.