36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 8:28 PM by SinCaraxx RSS

I have the game and...it has problems.

Pwnsweet

I'm a patient guy, I am. I'm also a reasonable guy, but I just don't have the patience when I continually see stupid decision after stupid decision being made by the devs of these games. I just don't. So I'm just gonna come right out and just say as it is.

1. Cannot assign a gesture to 'jump' - this is a problem because my control scheme reassigns 'reload' to a button, which means I then have to assign a different action to a gesture (because Wiimote/nunchuk has one less button to Pro controller). That action is usually 'jump' . But because I can't assign a gesture to 'jump' in Ghosts, I now have to assign a gesture to something else. This is stupid. Why do you go backwards and REMOVE control options? I just don't understand.

2. The framerate - Stonehedge is basically never 60fps. I mean, come on guys. Even the Xbox 360 and PS3 version of this stage is (mostly) 60fps. The Wii U version basically isn't ever. In fact, many stages often drop to 30fps.

3. Mantle/Climb is still the same button as run. Why? Just why!? Seriously? This should've been resolved AGES ago. Make it the same as the jump button, like it is in the Xbox, PS3, Wii U version (with Pro controller). Grrr the fact this still hasn't changed annoys the absolute hell out of me.

4. Where is the Camera Sensitivity (ADS) option? I wrote a huge post 6 months ago in the BO2 forums explaining why this control option is NECESSARY. In fact, A_TreyU even acknowledged it's usefulness. So where is it? Why is that option NOT in this game?

5. Sniper reg scope issues. After scope in the reticle goes to the top right.

6. Trinity rocket on-screen buttons do not reflect the actual buttons that you need to push to perform their actions

More to come...

• Re: I have the game and it's broken
    smashbrolink

Well, if it turns out to be a big enough issue then maybe they'll fix most of these things, but as to the frame rate, I don't think it's going to be that huge an issue unless it starts interfering with online matches.

I rarely had issues with BO2, so I don't think I'll have many with Ghosts...I hope...

• Re: I have the game and it's broken
    BobbyMcGee

How bad I s framerate with one on the pad and one using the tv? The main reason I got a u was to play with my girlfriend on the pad but it makes a laggy mess of my screen on the tv. If the drops are that bad with one player, and as bad as it was with 2 players on blops2, then im definitely going to be disappointed.  Good to see you around again btw. Will you be recording any gameplay this time round?

• Re: I have the game and it's NOT great
    GermanicMexican

Also I know why the call it Ghosts now, because all the maps are like a ghost town.

• Re: I have the game and it's NOT great
    GermanicMexican

Also Pwnsweet do you know if the turning speed is faster now or is still the same?

• Re: I have the game and...it has problems.
    Ryumaou

Pwnsweet wrote:

3. Mantle/Climb is still the same button as run. Why? Just why!? Seriously? This should've been resolved AGES ago. Make it the same as the jump button, like it is in the Xbox, PS3, Wii U version (with Pro controller). Grrr the fact this still hasn't changed annoys the absolute hell out of me.

Do you have to at least push forward at the same time when pressing the "run"-button in order to climb or is it like it was in the beginning of BO2 where the simple push of the button let you start climbing? (I need the button for forced camera lock)

Speaking of forced button for camera lock / sprint: Are the sentry guns controllable again or are there other killstreaks you can choose to control by pressing a button?

If so, is it the sprint/camera lock - button again or have they finally decided to map another button so that players who want to hold the camera can still do this?

barolb

5. Sniper reg scope issues. After scope in the reticle goes to the top right.

This appears to be variation of the issue i had in Black Ops 2. The only difference is that when i would scope in, on Black Ops 2, sometimes it would scope in anywhere different from where i was actually aiming instead of a set location. Are you using float or centered? Actually, a better question is this: Does float or centered exist as options still, to begin with?

Pwnsweet

Just an update guys, I will not be posting on here anymore. I've decided to move exclusively to BF4 and the PS4. I was going to leave it at that but I think it's worth mentioning why I've made this decision. Some of the reasons are due to Nintendo, others are because of the Activision devs and others still not the fault of the game at all. Either way, here they are:

1. The spawns in this game are atrocious. The worst I've ever seen in a Call of Duty game, no exaggeration.

2. The frame rate is appalling and will not (cannot) ever be patched due to hardware limitations.

3. The maps are too large and poorly designed.

4. Wiimote controls are far behind where they should be by this point, with the devs repeating mistakes from previous games.

5. There are no dedicated servers. If there are, they aren't in Australia.

6. The population will never be large enough to support the game modes that I actually want to play.

7. There's no way to know who the host is or what your connection is like.

8. Climbing when all I want to do is sprint.

9. Helo Pilot hit detection doesn't work with Wiimote

10. It's possible that you can be put into a lobby half way across the world. There's no way to limit your search prefs to region only.

11. There's no way to know if the host changed after a match (previous games would show the score in the lobby and everyone's score would go to '0' when the host changed).

and the list goes on. The simple fact is, I just don't have it in me to deal with these problems anymore. Problems that shouldn't be in the game to begin with. And when they do finally get around to fixing them, they'll fix only some of them, or fix something we didn't ask for or need to be fixed and then we have to wait another month or two for the next patch that may, if we're lucky, fix one or two or the many problems that actually need to be fixed. It's just not the type of people I want to deal with anymore to be honest. Interactions with the devs on these forums is frustrating to say the least. I dunno their situation so I'm not going to blame anyone because maybe it's not their fault, but I just can't do this anymore. Sorry.

I'll check back next year if the Wii U gets the next game. If it's nearer to 60fps and has Wiimote controls that are polished I may see you all again. Until then, good luck to everyone and I hope you get the issues with this game sorted out eventually.

MajorStains

I have been so torn over this title, as it is the only Wii CoD game that I haven't preordered since they began.

And over the weekend I was even coming around to the idea of getting it, as I saw the maps and footage start to leak online.

Then, I listened to my clan mates talk about it, and how they were looking forward to it, and I thought 'maybe I will get it'.

But the nagging voice in my head wouldn't go away.

"Why spend another £40/$60 on what is in effect an annual map pack?"

"It will still be a current gen port, with little or no support moving forward"

"There will be no living up to the Wii U's full potential"

This was cemented with the fact that, the ability to modify our clan is not an option as a Wii U owner.

It is still the 'Elite' that can access these features.

Where is the incentive?

The Darkside has been calling for a long time, and now I am finally going to answer it.

PS4/BF4 has won the race (IMO). And gravity has got its grips on the CoD balloon, it's coming back to Earth, fast!

And this all pains me so much, because I know for a FACT that the PS4 won't have the controller I love.

And it certainly won't have the amazing people I have played with for years, who love a laugh more than a win.

I hope I eat my words, and come back with my tail between my legs with a used copy and you can all destroy me to teach me a lesson for deserting the ranks.

But for now, I have woken up and the coffee is smelling pretty good over on the Darkside...

nintendon't

Pwnsweet wrote:

1. The spawns in this game are atrocious. The worst I've ever seen in a Call of Duty game, no exaggeration.

lolwut? Have you ever played BO2 Hijacked or any map on MW3? The spawns in Ghosts are a bit goofy at times but far from bad.

Convict7

So, this game is just another failure and since I'm a Wiimoter... You'd recommend me not to buy it Pwnsweet?

I can't believe this ****...

WiimotesRus02

I think if he told you to not buy it the thread will get locked..

like2nap03

Convict7 wrote:

So, this game is just another failure and since I'm a Wiimoter... You'd recommend me not to buy it Pwnsweet?

I can't believe this ****...

It's not that bad.  They messed up jumping (again) and they didn't add the ADS sensitivity.  The DID however fix the ADS lock problem (the problem is described in the link in the OP) and that is huge.  It was my only problem with the controls.  Other than that deal where you try to sprint and end up controlling a killstreak (sentry gun for example) which is related to the sprint/mantle problem that this game has.  Which did return from BLOPS2.  We should keep bumping this thread.  And even add to it.  Or make a new thread with these issues listed that we can add to as we come up with more problems. 

Treize

List a bunch of problems that should have existed in the first place and say's not that bad.

Compared to BOII where we suffered immolation, only getting third degree burns on our hands would be considered, 'not bad' in comparison.

Convict7

I've seen positive feedback for the game, larger maps seems good, I always prefer long distance fights, there is actual skill in those, but this is what worries me, if the aim is still as choppy as it was in BO2, then it cuts down my ability to aim properly at moving targets, but still, I think I'll give Ghosts a chance, but 60 euros is too much, got to find it closer to 40

T-boss

okay bad spawning seems to be kept, wiimote was improved although not greatly. the wiiU version is poorly optimized but not enough to draw from the game unless you are sensative to the issues(though many preffer the higher quality). map design seems improved from BO2 and MW3 but still containing flaws, lagcomp is unknown in this game atm.

SinCaraxx

All I see is whining.

WiimotesRus02

Like you do on miiverse, nothing is quite right for you either huh...

SinCaraxx

wut...? What consider "whining" must be something completely different lol. Magnum, seems you still haven't matured eh? Well at least you cant troll anymore like a dummy

WiimotesRus02

SinCaraxx wrote:

wut...? What consider "whining" must be something completely different lol. Magnum, seems you still haven't matured eh? Well at least you cant troll anymore like a dummy

You whine all the time about people you play against, so whats the difference. I read your miiverse threads, I know what I'm talking about. I really don't know what makes you any different or special. Plus when this forum came online, how many of your threads were deleted for spamming about nothing or whining. So stop lol'ing in your replies and try and remember what you say..

SinCaraxx

I remember exactly what I say and I say what I mean. Just because I voice something doesn't mean is whining. Most things are the truth or facts and even opinions and most people don't like that.

Anywho, if you don't know what makes me different or special, that's not my intention to enlighten you on. I have never whined about anyone playing against me, only in retaliation to any haters seeking to insult me (if you say read my threads like you say you do you would know that lol). My threads on here mainly got deleted for other reasons which you are not aware of LOL.

A_Trey_U

From your original post, #1 and #6 are fixed for the next major update.

PeanutButterKnee

@A_Trey_U

Please implement the option to change the game display to the gamepad!!