18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2013 1:21 PM by MajorStains RSS

Where can you track patch challenges on CoD Ghosts

Lunitari696

In previous CoD you could go to challenges screen and see how far you are into a challenge "25/100 Assists" etc i cant find anything like this so it is VERY annoying i cant tell how i am doing to get a specific patch

Any Help??

• Re: Where can you track patch challenges on CoD Ghosts
    biron_w

I couldn't find it either. For some reason IW always have a really rubbish "barracks".

Ellixander

Just found some

go to operations and where it has 5 challenges listed mines got marathon on the top and press A (on 360) and a long list comes up,each challenge has a long list behind it

While we're here anyone know what it does to your operations when you get new operations? does it delete the progress on your old ones?

(just noticed its not every perk in the perk one so it may just give new ones to do :/ )

dtuchpunk

I missed it to. Not just an easy way to see weapons and there stats and progress etc.

matty0017

SSo I am really confused about the patches. Way different from MW2 & MW3. I know I have unlocked some patches but when I go to look they aren't unlocked. So I'm wondering can you only unlock the patches that are in the operations for the current two week period? Cause if so that would suck

robbierocket

Someone has already posted the "hidden" way to track your challenges.

I can tell you now, that some patches unlock when their challenge has been met, there are several long term challenges - gun, perk, etc. and they unlock irrespective of the "5" you have showing in operations.

I believe that all patches unlock, regardless of operations. I think that the special "5" are the ones that give a Care Package reward in game. It's probably an incentive designed to mix things up, create different challenges within a match and so on.

Assass1n

I'm 99% confident that you can only unlock patches which are available through the present operations. All the patches that I have unlocked so far have been because I completed one of the current operations I have. Furthermore, to unlock one of the patches you have to get '120 kills while using the red dot sight'-I now have 400 kills with the MSBS and have had the red dot sight on it since the beginning BUT I haven't unlocked the patch for it and it isn't a current operation challenege. Therefore it HAS to be the case that you can only unlock patches through current operations.

It is the most stupid thing they have ever done, I see no reason why they should have done it this way; it doesn't achieve anything apart from making everybody more annoyed and confused.

Assass1n

Also, the 5 operations you see initially are only the ones at the top of the list. I never actually bothered to read each one properly, but at the top each one is categorised into different things like previous challeneges have been i.e. Perks, Game Modes etc. If you click on any of them you open up a list of 10 (I think) current available operations for you to do. THEREFORE you aren't able to do every operation whilst playing, only the 10 in each category that are currently available. Although you can press an option to get a whole new set but the concept still sucks.

LTG_Lehto-FUCAPO

This is so lame. Didn't they talk this through making the game? How could designers think that ANY player would like it like this?

I see I will most likely never get my dog with 3D-glasses on.

Assass1n

I agree totally I can't possibly see what reason they would give for doing this; the only thing I might think of is that it possibly makes some patches 'more exclusive' and rewarding if you get it during the time that it was available. But regardless, that still doesn't make up for it, it's a completely ridiculous idea.

Also, how could anybody at Infinity Ward think that removing stuff like Capture The Flag and theatre mode would be a good idea. Honestly I swear they just either don't give a **** about what we think or whenever they say 'we listened to the community' they probably just asked 100 13-year-olds their opinion. It is seriously just mind-blowing (no over-exaggeration) some of the stuff they do.

LCGMUchiha

This sucks!!!. ive just spent the last 3 day after buying the game trying to get the sniper cobra suit, after which im pretty sure i racked in over 1000 variable zoom kills, so it has really annoyed me just reading all the comments and finding out about this operation thing is why i havnt got it. in a way im glad because i thought my game was broke but  still this is unacceptable and is the reason why im now going to start playing BF4 in stead of this game. 

robbierocket

There are 50 operations  (not 5) you're working on at a time, hence why I've managed many patches already.

Go to Operations and push "X" button and see the 10 for that type of Operation. You can scroll and "X" to see a different 10 and when you look at each 10, you can scroll and select 1 of them to have it showing as one of the 5 - presumably to check progress easier for that Operation.

seamusmcg23

I can understand why people aren't happy about all challenges being open, but I'm fine with it for this reason (witch may be why they put it in.)  When you start the game, rather than having ANY and ALL challenges ready, it points you down a path.  Kinda like a little career mode to keep you focused while playing.  That way whenever you start a game, you have short term goals, something to keep you from being overwhelmed form accomplishing anything.  It does suck a lot when there is rare patches that you could have earned but didn't have the operation active though.  And with this small set of operations your given, you earn squad points leveling them up, a perk besides busting your ass to just get a patch.  If all challenges were open at one time, it would be a little ridiculous earning them and racking up squad points.

MajorStains

They couldn't have made this any more unclear if they'd tried!

I've only just read this thread and realised you need to select a challenge within the 'operations' section, to gain the patch and associated bonuses.

Which makes me feel kind of dumb, as I have spent the last 5 days in the belief I was nearly completing a specific challenge...

DOH!

Back to the beginning I go...