11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 2:48 PM by timelordalex RSS

What Happened To Black Ops 1?

DelphiDovahkiin

I don't mean that there is anything wrong with the game. I mean that no one ever mentions it anymore. I do realize that BO2 came out and that Ghosts has too, but you'd think people would at least still play the Zombies maps. I'm not saying that no body does, I'm just saying that nobody ever posts about doing the Easter Eggs anymore. It's impossible for everyone to have completed them all. I'm just confused as to why so many people just abandoned the game as soon as the sequel came out.

• Re: What Happened To Black Ops 1?
    Megadog14

I still play, and most of the people on my friends list do too. Most of the noobs have moved on though...

boybad

Well there is still some H/C players left, most plan for a game with friends and have a team or team players they play on regular bases, but you are right if you talking about public lobbies, you will never find anyone to go for 50 even 40+ games or at least for 3hr+. Just like everything else, it gets old and people move on and look for something new and fresh, Ghosts? nah i dont think its that, GTA yip maybe and this will get stale quicker then some may think.

sasukeJAuchiha

Last time I checked, Shangri-La had 56 players

DeathBringer-Zen

Last time I checked, Shangri-La had 56 players

Shangri La has never really had a lot of people playing it anyway.

@OP - There is still a lot of people who play BO1, but most play in private matches so they do not show up on the amount of people playing online. Also, when you go and look at maps like Kino, it still has a steady 2000+ people playing on Live regularly. Have even seen it at 4000+ on occasion recently.

It may not have the numbers it had on release, but people do still play it. Compare it to BO2... that has seen numbers drop dramatically of late. I saw just 900 people playing Origins the other night, and 250 odd playing Die Rise.

Not pretty figures to look at, and this is what Treyarch should be looking at. People turning their backs on BO2 because of how overall garbage it really was. Maybe next time they will think twice before putting pathetic time constraints on maps and their overall efforts in the game mode.

6 maps to choose from overall is enough to put anyone off a game... especially when 4-5 of those maps are just too easy and pretty rubbish overall.

sasukeJAuchiha

The only maps on ps3 that are alive are town, buried, and Origins( though that will soon change within a week or so).  I've seen Kino have up to 5000 players though. That's pretty much all I play now. Nobody leaves, and it's a fun time. Screw blops 2 zombies. Origins was the worst map yet.

TEX_715

you wanna do Shang EE?

DeathBringer-Zen

I've seen Kino have up to 5000 players though. That's pretty much all I play now. Nobody leaves, and it's a fun time.  /  Origins was the worst map yet.

Yeah, same for XBOX. 4000+ people playing Kino, and in all the public matches I have done on it recently, no one left early. Was refreshingly surprised.

I am pretty much in agreement on Origins. I actually now see it as my least favorite map in Black Ops 2. I would rather play Nuketown. I have never liked it. The Easter Egg was just terrible. It was not even an EE... just the achieving and upgrading of some poor weapons and and even worse melee attack that only works on random occasions.

Sure, there was a few puzzle steps required to unlock the awful ending that summed up BO2 in it's entirety, but apart from that, it was just MotD done a little differently, and with slightly different obtainables.

As for the map itself... a large, wasted opportunity. Looks amazing, but design is poor, and yet AGAIN, features a ton of areas that are just a complete waste of space.

Screw blops 2 zombies.

Amen to that!

timelordalex

i agree pretty much with all of this but i would gladly play any other map except perhaps the cut and paste tranzit maps before trashtown, i like origins, but it could've been much better, ive heard how appalling the EE is and thus i havent even done it, but i dont think its terrible, one of the best bo2 maps, but considering they were all fairly $hit, no extra credibility goes to it

AlteredVista

I've done each of the easter eggs about a dozen times over multiple accounts. A couple months ago I did moon twice in one day. I still enjoy the easter eggs. It's one of the few things I still like about zombies as the community has become too intense with glitching and quiting on first down.