20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2014 11:09 AM by zombieharry007 RSS

Is there a way to derank or reset myself?

BoohYaah

Well as you probably know there are multiple modded lobbies going around. You can easily go into one by simply searching for domination. I know this because when i went online to search for domination i was put into what i thought was a normal lobby... then BAM!  after one kill i had been put up from level 17 to 49 and given loads of call of duty tokens (or whatever they're called). It makes me furious that i can get banned for something that clearly wasn't my fault. I despise the people that hack these lobbies. they take a great game and ruin it for other people. could you please add in a feature to reset yourself back to level 1? it would be much appreciated! not just for me but for multiple people. I am now unable to find a game with out panicing about whether im going to get a single kill and be put up multiple ranks. If you could would you be able to reset me back to my original level?

If the people who do accidentally go into these lobbies are banned for it when it obviously wasnt their fault... then this game will honestly be ruined. please get it sorted Infinity ward! @

• Re: Is there a way to derank or reset myself?
    LargeLentils

I have seen some modded stats on the leaderboards for sure. IW will make it right I hope.

TheProphetMark

You CAN'T get into modded lobbies through searching for a match. The only way you can get into one is by accepting a random invite. Of course you can't take responsibility for your actions and try to blame it on getting into one through searching for something match because your scared you might get banned for having participate in such lobby. Don't accept invites from randoms folks.

Selenator

Idiot alert, erm yes you can it also happened to me and many other friends of mine and forum members, literally 3/10 lobbies are hacked I haven't played the game since this morning when it happened to me.

Tick7

TheProphetMark wrote:

You CAN'T get into modded lobbies through searching for a match. The only way you can get into one is by accepting a random invite. Of course you can't take responsibility for your actions and try to blame it on getting into one through searching for something match because your scared you might get banned for having participate in such lobby. Don't accept invites from randoms folks.

I'll second the idiot alert, here.

You can get into these lobbies by just searching for matches. It happened to a ton of people on the pre-release & day 1 servers.

I know a few people who have had this happen to them, and have seen reports from many people on these forums of it happening too.

Before you post and start criticizing those that are having this issue, try and educate yourself & understand the nature of the hack

TheProphetMark

Calling someone an idiot makes you an idiot, no I'm just ignorant on the fact. Just didn't see how that's that's even possible. I'll admit I was wrong but seriously guys? You ought to be more mature than to outright call someone you don't even known an idiot over forums which is why I said it makes you an idiot. Funny how after 200 games I have yet to get into a modded lobby which is why I assume it only happens through invites since a Modder has to hosting the match and I don't sww how that gets involved with regular matchmaking. It's just stupid that it happens this way.

Try tweeting @infinityward with your gamertag telling them you need a stat reset due to modded lobbies. Hope that helps you and best of luck. See? I can be civil, you should try it sometimes.

BoohYaah

thank you for helping! However, you said that you cant call someone an idiot on forums for getting something wrong... but you called me irresponsible and unable to face the consequences of joining a hacked lobby. if you had looked into the matter before hand and then wrote the response you would have known that it is possible to find a game randomly and be put into a hacked lobby. i know you obviously looked at this and thought "another f*nny who is looking to get reset because he hacked up..." but thats not the case! anyway cheers for the help bud! dont take the idiot comments personally

TheProphetMark

Yeah, and I apolagize for that. Even though I said "you probably don't take responsibility for your own actions" I was really thinking of people in general. But I always said assumptions is what gets people in trouble so it was wrong of me to male those assumptions based on something I didn't understand even though I somehow managed to convince myself that it was impossible to join a modded lobby without an invite. That was foolish of my behalf and there's no excuse for it.

In that case, since the person who just joined a modded lobby, I get the feeling I'm jinx the be next when I start playing again. So my question to those who joined, is there any way of knowing you're in a modded lobby? Would really like to make sure I'm not in one before I kill anyone assuming it's getting your first kill in a modded lobby that ruins everything.

BoohYaah

Its alright! well when you are in one to start of with you cant tell at all! but with the benefit of hindsight i can tell you that when you join a game wait at the start until someone has got a kill or captured a flag. whilst you do this pay attention to the scoreboard and if people suddenly jump up to 9999 score and have suddenly become level 50 or so then quickly dashboard/turn your xbox off/ sign out! i dont know if simply backing out works but i wouldn't try it( just to be safe) as tempting as it may be to jump on that spawn flag and gobble up the xp you have to resist hahaha! once some people have got kills and their score is slowly rising then you are safe to roll on and boss it up! hope this helps others too!

starbuckfrack

A moderator confirmed that you can get in an accidental lobby. Only thing they can do is to jump out and reboot immediately.

And SO FAR they cant reset people . YET.

Spacemunkey777

I tried to send my info to IW through the twitter account and haven't received a peep back at all, so not sure if they are just super backed up or they cant do anything about it but i do agree that it get annoying

NinjaxKillerzzz

Yeah I really hope IW fixes this somehow, because this just happened to me a few minutes ago and i'm really worried that i'll get banned

rhodes123

if u end up in a hacked lobby u need to either ring activision or switch xbox off when u know that its hacked dont carry on in the game just turn ur xbox off or dashboard it.it should reset ur stats

DalekonDrugs

This game has its flaws like every game but I love this game and it is a DISGRACE that the leaderboards are STILL: hacked and these modded lobbies are so prevalent on the 5th day into this game, all I know is that IW are aware of the issue and are working on a fix but the fact remains that this is a old hack from old modern warfare games and it is careless of IW not to take proper care to stop this, what have they been doing for the past 4 days? Being on a Xbox 1 tour celebrating cod ghosts whilst people are getting hacked utterly outstanding of what their priorities are, but at least they have nice cod ghosts cakes complete joke. Finally they are working on it expect a hotfix soon. On a quick note to you hackers out there, what is the point? You pay full price for a game to have a few day run of annoying genuinely nice people you should be ashamed of yourselves you complete immature brats! I hope every single one of them get banned and then banned again and I also hope that these "hackers" are force fed tarantulas over and over again in a time loop and then I get to personally blow up their xbox with a tank there is my rant I HATE hackers