42 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 1:51 AM by eleven1181 RSS

PS4 Headsets

turkeyslayer

Hey everyone...

I need a new headset for PS4. I know a lot of them available for PS3 are not compatible with PS4, like the one I own now. I think I want to go all in and get a wireless surround sound headset unlike the wired stereo one I have now, depending on the price. I LOVED sound whoring in MW3, but I tried with little success to sound whore in BO2. Anyway, I need to have this advantage the second I power on my new PS4 and play Ghosts for the first time. So my question is: which headset are you getting for PS4? Reply with a link of one you ordered or want, etc. Thanks.

• Re: PS4 Headsets
    1shot2kilz

im pretty sure the astra a50 will work fine on ps4 becquse of its method of connection, ie usb and optical

rlbl

From what I have read, I concur. I bought A40s because my Sony Pulse (go figure) are not supported yet.

PhraseUniverse

I read today that the Pulse will work with a USB to 3.5mm adapter plugged into the DS4.   I'm going to give it a whirl tonight. I'll post the results.

rlbl

That is interesting.  Is the Pulse or Pulse elite.  I ask because the USB dongle I have with my pulse plugs into the console itself. I am curious about the configuration.

I imagine you would have to marry the Headset to a USB thing, which has a 3.5mm jack that plugs into the controller. ok... And then I guess one uses the speaker in the DS4 for chat?

Very interested to see how this works mate.

pred314

px51 from turtle beach work great.

I_am_Asylum

Yea i tried my pulse today and no go.  Will they patch it to work.  Really don't want to buy a different set since these r only 6mths old.

AshKillem

As far as I understand most headsets will support audio at launch but no voice which will be patched in later.  This includes the Sony headsets and Astros.  I have the Sony Wireless and they are decent for the price no complaints but no real 'wow' factor.  The Sony pulse I had for a bit but returned them as they seemed a bit small or tight for me but overall a good headset.

Personally I'm going with Astro A40s.  The mixamp is one of the best around and is seperate unlike the A50s.  Pricey yes but if you use them day in and day out , you get good value.

Mecha75

from what I read usb headsets should work for chat after you install the day one patch 1.50.  Before that it will be audio only via the optical cable. 

Kazeshini24

I'm getting the PX4 turtle beaches, they work day one and are (with tax) $171.19 at GameStop.

AshKillem

I hate turtle beach but they are said to work with the system.

Mecha75

Astro says that their A40s and A50s will work day one when you install the 1.50 patch.  This includes the in game chat feature.

Console Compatibility

Exiled-From-Hell

Nice, I must have missed that or they just put it up recently.  I had went to Astro to see if my A40s would be compatible and originally it had said that the sound would work but the voice chat wouldn't until Sony released a patch for it.  I had then seen it in the 1.50 updates notes that it included issues being addressed with headsets. So I was wondering if this update was the one Astro was referring to, glad to see it is.  It's kind of funny that issues with the Astros has been addressed before even some of the Sony headsets are, you would think being Sony they would support their products first... Oh well, glad to see my headset will be working day one!

slyd0g55

i hope my px21 turtle beach headset will come with an adapter , ive spent a bit of coin an cant go out an just buy a new headset on day 1 . dam i havent really looked into it

xThatTributeGuyx

There is already a thread on this topic and that thread has several links pointing people to where they can find compatibility info for headsets.

turkeyslayer
      This thread wasn't looking for compatibility info for headsets on ps4. It was looking for examples of what people were going to use. If you find a thread like that, provide a link to that instead of making a stupid post.
    Mammas_flicka_

Sony has confirmed that all PS3 headsets will work with PS4.

Diesel-Swagger

bluetooth headsets wont work.I bought astro a50s last night they work,except you can't hear chat.According to Sony that won't be fixed until November,hopefully in1-2 weeks.....we'll see

phopant

I have beats and plugged them into the controller and it sounds amazing and works great you just change the settings so its not just mic

ghamorra

Pulse by Sony. It works on computers and the PS3+PS4. It's wireless and far cheaper than overpriced headsets that have the same features.

coachlentz

Turtle beach started selling a cord that runs to the controller, similar to the Xbox one, yesterday for 6.95 plus shipping. Should make my PX5s work perfectly. The sound is already amazing from them. Better than I got from either the Xbox or ps3.

I also, the day before, ordered an adapter cord (2.5 mmF to 3.5 mmM). I'll come back and tell you if it works when I get it. Was going to try plugging the Xbox cord into it. It should work, I would think. It was only $2.95 with no shipping cost on Amazon.

Hope this helps Turtle Beach users.

coachlentz

Update:

the 2.5-3.5 adapter did not work. Yes, I bought one with 3 rings. Could hear chat, but no one could hear me. This is too bad, I liked the volume and mute button options

the cable from turtle beach does work with my px5. I wish the chat volume could be turned higher, but I've felt like this was a flaw with the ps3 as well.

So ao as far as turtle beach goes, check their website. You may have options for your old headset. Mine cost me about 11 bucks after shipping and tax and took about 4 days to receive.

ChestSplittah

Sony will be issuing a software update down the line to support Pulse and the Elite Edition via Bluetooth. I wish it was on day one or sooner. No one knows really. As long as they stabilize the network and get things working, I'm fine.

codbig_boss

I use my Pulse ELITES. Use the chat cable right into the controller.

Nugatu

II'm using this tread because I have no idea how to start a new one.

i have astro a50 and I have no idea how to connect it to the ps4

Can I get some help with that please?

thank you

huntingnoluck

So a week has gone by with play happening. What headsets seem to be the best so far? I can get about $20 for my p11's from EB Games (Gamestop in the US). With a few other trades and store deals I can pick up a set of px22's for pretty cheap. Funny I can get them branded with Ghosts for an extra $10. Not going to happen. Also I was looking at a set from SkullCandy, a set of Tritons and the Pulse set. All around the same price. Any thoughts, all are wired except the Sony's.

rlbl

Pulse Elites seem to work if you plug them into the controller, from what I read above.

I have Astro A40s. Not cheap, but love them (I have owned TB DPX21s, Sony Pulse*)

* They are good, and if they worked day 1, I would have not bought Astros.

huntingnoluck

What is funny is that I am not looking for a headset to use with Ghosts, I just want a headset for any game I get now. If I was only going to every get this game I would not want a headset. No one talks even though everyone got the ear piece/mic in the box (By the way, those suck!). And the few people that are using something only ever seem to scream 'GD CAMPER!'. I have been getting spawn trapped like crazy and when I manage to take out the person doing that the first thing they scream is camper!

rlbl

possibly, but because of the party chat feature on the PS4, I know a lot of people are no longer talking in game.  It is kinda funny:

I was in a party of 6, all on party chat. We are friends, but not in the same clan.  From the lobby it looked like random players who were not communicating, but we won every match because we all were communicating (that and we have played together for years)

Aside from that:

No matter how good your sound system is at home, nothing beats a good headset (if for nothing else than pinpointing the direction and level of footsteps)... that and you do not have everyone in house yelling at you to turn the volume down when you play games.

huntingnoluck

I couldn't believe how much better the whole game experience was after I got my p11's for mw3, and through bo2 and then back to mw2 and bo1. That is why I am looking at a new headset, certainly not for this game.

huntingnoluck

Well nobody has really suggested anything in particular, I guess I will take a hard look at the Pulse' seeing that they are wireless.

frustrationinc

I picked up a pair of the skullcandy SLYR's at target for about 70 bucks.. they have a usb connection with a mix amp for chat vs game audio that runs both with no cable to the DS4 or you can run them do the DS4 for both chat and game with the 3.5mm cable included.. I've been very happy with them the 3 weeks or so I've had them

Beastmode-D-

Turtle Beach Earforce Tangos are great but you'll need an adapter for chat audio. They are the best set of headphones that I own and you may be able to get them on the cheap because they're full of black ops to signage.

I think I paid $200 when they first came out.