23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 3:46 AM by Out RSS

Managing the Clan

Out

I reserved our existing Clan name a few weeks back,.....I was able to click thru to the page from the elite page and set the clan Motto ect.....

But i did not bookmark the link on my internet browser

Does anyone know how we are supposed to Manage our Clans from a Computer........I do not have a smartphone or tablet

• Re: Managing the Clan
    rockman262

you have to download the call of duty app.......is not call of duty elite app that one doesnt work with ghosts

Out

Ok i did find a work around .....if anyone is in the same boat as i am......i dont have a smart phone or any kind of device to run the Ghost app with ...............

I downloaded a program called  BlueStacks agent to my windows 7 PC  .........Blue stacks allows android apps to be installed and ran on a PC

It does work probably not as smooth as it should ........but at least i can manage the clan

DarkSomers

Is this a safe alternative, or will it crash my system (Blue Stacks)? I agree PS3 has all these other apps...that I don't use, but they can't find a way to make a new game app compatible??? Some of us don't have it like that and my mommy doesn't buy my games...$130 bucks for a game and no way to manage a stupid clan....THANKS!

Out

it seems safe so far.....I use Norton 360 on my PC and it has reported no problems........Blue stacks will run the app...it is awkward tho..........

The only problem i have noticed is if i allow Blue Stacks to run in the system tray when i am not using it ,,,,it slows down my computer.....so i just highlight the icon and close it ......

Blue Stacks is in BETA .....That being said be careful....just because i haven't had any problems doesn't mean anyone else wont

I think it sucks that they have done this .....and it seems only the newest phones, tablets and Windows OS will run the app that are available ......my wife has a 18month samsung tablet running android .....it will not run the APP.....two of my original clan members have 2 yr old smart phones ......neither of them can run the APP

it seems like Activision is trying to make us upgrade all of our tech to run the damn thing

DarkSomers

Yeah, I tried to download and norton said NO! I guess I will wait....my wife has a 1 year old samsung phone as well and it won't run the app. It's all good, hell my clan members don't play anyway...Thanks my friend for the help!

Out

thats odd that Norton told you no, while it reported it safe for me.......or at least the install file was safe .......there was a bunch of offers during the install process to install other software like pc cleaner ect.....i said no to all of these

DarkSomers

I don't know, maybe I'm getting 2 old for this s**t. My wife needs a new lap top, I assume that damn thing would have windows 8, 8.1, 8.55 or whatever it is. I have a cobra mustang 4.6....how bout that!! LOL

DarkSomers

I got it brother, I used the wrong website apparently, no problems other than it being very small on my large monitor. Thanks again!

Izjar11

Its a app that you need to find on look for COD ghosts on your apps store in your phone, has the white skull of this game.

Out

Izjar11 wrote:

Its a app that you need to find on look for COD ghosts on your apps store in your phone, has the white skull of this game.

My problem is i dont have a phone that will run run APPS LOL......as i get older things with small screens like phones and tablets .....seem like more of a pain than a help LOL

bucapla24

If you have an iPhone or an Android go to the store and search - Call Of Duty. You will see the mask of Ghosts, download it and then you have to link your account of whatever console you play in.

0rphansim
    Where would I download the app from? I wanna try this program you was talking about out.
      bucapla24

If you have an iPhone go to the App Store and search Call of Duty and download the one that has Ghosts mask. If you have Android go to the Android store and do the same thing, just search it Call of Duty. Remember is not Call Of Duty Elite is just Call of Duty. Am glad to help

Out

I was able to download the ghost app ..i used information i found on this forum (cant remember the thread name)  there was another website i had to go to , to allow me to put in the web adress of the app ...when i did so in generated a download load link .........sorry i cant remember the thread name