8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 12:28 AM by FATalHitsYou RSS

Can someone explain to me why IW isn't saying anything?

Drawcansir

I really don't understand the thought process behind their silence. Personally I have a strong sense of honor and when I make a mistake or wrong someone in some way I take responsibility for it and do everything I can to correct my mistake. I don't try to hide it and hope it will go away. That's why I don't understand why IW or Activision isn't communicating with the PC community. It shows they have absolutely no respect for paying customers. We all payed hard earned money to buy the game and we have the right to know what's going on. Talking to us is common decency and it's something most human beings have but allas it seems neither company has any understanding of doing the right thing.

• Re: Can someone explain to me why IW isn't saying anything?
    Mini0510

You do realize the devs just work on a schedule right? Just because the PC version sh*t doesn't mean they are going to lose their mind and try to fix this 24/7. Whoever is in charge, didnt tell the devs, "oh pc version is crap, wtf, go fix it." Most devs just follow along. They can't do whatever they want.

So the devs are probably working on other stuff. By the looks of things, Mark Rubin and the others are on Xbox one tour or something. We will be lucky if most of the issues on the patch wishlist is fixed by Christmas. I honestly think half of the things on patch wishlist would never be fixed.

And even if they are working to fix all these issues, dont expect all this to be fixed any time soon. There gigabytes of optimized code and can't be fixed in a week. Judging from the past history, IW doesn't support the PC version that much. Doubt it's going to change this time around.

YuriUA

They probably didn't properly test it. Its a PC version, why bother?! Everyone's playing on consoles (everyone among devs).

Drawcansir

I understand that most of the devs at IW are just employees and they do what their told, I totally get it. I also understand that the issues we're having can't be solved in a week. The amount of code in a game is insane and it takes time to pin point whatever is wrong and fix it. However, none of this is an excuse for their complete silence. Talking to us and keeping us updated on what they're working on and which fixes have priority is the only right thing to do, it's that simple. If they want us to trust them they have to earn our trust and the only way they can do that is by being transparent.

YuriUA

If they take responsibility, they lose millions of dollars in bonuses.

They don't want to lose a single cent. They're professional programmers, after all, with all the porting of the same game year after year after year and setting sales record with it each time.

Now, imagine you're gonna lose $2-50 million if you aknowledge how terrible of a product you made. Would you? If you would, I bet you don't earn millions of US dollars a year.

Thats business. The worse the screwup, the more the reason to stay silent and pray nobody finds out its YOUR fault.

mcduke

The last COD game out that was worth buying was codwaw. You could run your own dedicated server or download a list of servers and save the ones you liked to favorites.Plus you could make mods and custom maps.  The only problem with Black ops is that you couldn't make custom maps. I purchased black ops 2 and regretted that. Will never buy another cod game (or any game made by ward). As far as I'm concerned they've betrayed the PC players with the crappy for console machine cod games.

VALDERRAMA91

they dont care about pc players they will sold 20k30k copies consoles are the kings so buy a console or dont buy the game at all

FATalHitsYou

they are being very smart about this by not saying anything they dont know what to do to fix the many problems and they arnt quite sure how to fix it so they arnt going to say one thing right now at least until they have a bead on the situation its just like politics