22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 1:06 AM by IndyOldDude RSS

This combination makes for bad gaming

IndyOldDude

Being behind the enemy in time (lag) combined with the lower health or more powerful guns, whichever it is, makes for an almost impossible situation to overcome.
Combine this with the worst spawn system in history (players spawning behind you or you in front of them) and this becomes a frustrating and terrible game to try to enjoy
Hopefully some fixes are on the way.

• Re: This combination makes for bad gaming
    AudibleTuna

I haven't had any lag issues. Nothing compared to Bad Oops or Bad Oops2 at least.

The spawns are shaky here and there but that has been an issue with every CoD. I'm not saying its okay that it happens in this game, but that it should be expected by now that bad spawns will happen. Just roll with the punches and die less. Less deaths, less spawns, more fun. That's what has been working for me.

IndyOldDude

LOL not dying does not prevent the ridiculous 'enemy spawning right behind you' stuff, this game by far has the worst spawn system so far, especially when you factor in how big the maps are,  everyone knows it..

AudibleTuna

Out of the thousand or so deaths I've incurred (+2.0 K:D player that doesn't camp), maybe 50 of them were thanks to an enemy spawning behind me. Your problem is your lack of situational awareness & inability to utilize the abundance of cover IW has given us.

Really, it sounds like you're trying to play this game like Bad Oops2 where you could run around like a headless chicken, spraying your bullet hose and racking up a quad kill. Sorry, Ghosts actually requires skill to play, and a fully functional brain.

I should also add, the problem isn't the spawn system itself (although it is partially at fault), but the players who feel the need to push the spawns- thus causing your opponent to spawn behind you. This is a bad habit of many, thanks to the previous renditions of CoD where map size enabled that poor behavior and even encouraged it.

IndyOldDude

lol no I don't run around like headless chicken, especially in this game. too many corner camping degens

The spawn logic is whacked, everyone knows it.
          When I spawn in close enough to an enemy for them to knife me, before I can even take one step, something is wrong, thats happened to me twice in 2 consecutive games, I dont recall it ever happening in MW3 or BO2, altho I did not play much of BO2
          sure those games had the occasional 1 or 2 whacked respawns a game, but its constant in this game.

AudibleTuna

You say it's constant but I haven't been spawn knifed once, sooo... ya.. Your hyperbolic ranting isn't helping your case

robbierocket

Any game where you receive an enforced death without interaction from yourself when this was not intended to be the case, can be improved.

I think there are some serious issues with the spawning in Ghosts though the game has potential and the spawns are often ok. When they are not, as has been described, when you are unavoidably knifed, shot etc. it is not right. It causes no uncertain amount of frustration. And I meant when I'm 10-0, get killed then 30 seconds later I'm 10-5.

Let me clarify my use of the word "unavoidably", I mean that no matter what you try to do, if you even think you have a moment in time to try, you are dead. We're not talking about action, ability, reaction or choice, just consequence for such a spawn.

Spawn deaths are double deaths, or spawn chain deaths are match destroyers on their happy way to being part if a game destroyer. The designers are trying to create fun and exciting games, so the points here of frustration are relevant. I've probably lost 2 of my strategic mates to this problem already, although a patch that puts the spawns somewhere around MW, WAW, MW2 would boost this game immeasurably.

The game is a 6-7/10 for me, better than the last 2, almost on par with the brilliant but disfunctional BO, below MW2 and far from WAW or MW. Ghosts has some medium issues, some minor issues and one major issue. I say this from the reaction of many in the CoD playing community before my own opinion, the re-spawning scenarios.

REDAWN ON THE RESPAWN.

AudibleTuna

I've seen it first hand, as stated above. It has happened in every CoD I've ever played. BO & BO2 were hands down the worst, with MW2 in a close second on certain maps. This is nothing compared to any of the previous CoD's though. I have yet to be knifed by an enemy who is sitting in front of my spawn and have only spawn-died twice where my opponent actually watched me spawn. Those two problems I just mentioned were riddled throughout Bad Oops & Bad Oops2 maps and occasionally in MW2. Despite the complainers, this is an improvement from the spawn systems in the more recent CoD's.

robbierocket

I see that you believe what you're saying. There's this thing out there, it's very human, we all have it, I have it and act upon it, but it's not science or statistical. The thing is perception. Often unqualified, unrated, reliant on impression or instinct.

Whilst your point(s) is(are) commendable, how do you feel about others' reports and findings. Out of you, this other guy and me, 2 have been spawn stabbed, 2 think it's worse than any other CoD in regularity  (say, taken as a number in 50 spawns), That's 2 people out of 3, 66.6%, the majority so to speak. Look further and you'll find more who agree and who do not, but you'll find this is one of the most acknowledged problems of this game.

It's true that if you remove all other problems then even a minute imperfection will be the biggest flaw, but this is something real, tangible and measurable.

In any case, whether you have been spawn-stabbed or not, whether you'll make it your mission to dispute something that's certainly worth trying to improve or not, whether you accept this game as it is or the spawns as they are, many feel frustrated, that's their experience and the numbers are there.

It would be enlightened of you to acknowledge that rather than presumably wait for you to have a "bad day at the spawn office" before you accept an experience others have and don't deal with as well as you apparently do.

For your information, my opinions of CoD spawns:

MW: The standard, simple and typically fine on fair sized maps, not so hot on SHOWDOWN

WaW: Fine, perfect really, most maps were large, some huge

MW2: similar to MW, a few slightly intense areas due to map design

BO: enter flipspawn and anomalies like the temple on JUNGLE, not so hot, but improved with patches

MW3: a joke, map design and revenge spawning made a mockery of several maps, see MISSION

BOII: flipspawn again, plus tiny maps helped nothing here, bad

GH: the majority are fine, the minority are not, but, the minority is not a small percentage, just less occurring, also, they are so bad when they are bad, that they defy logic, breed frustration and they often come in sets of 2-6!!! Game-breaking.

MirinBRAHHH

Spawns in this game are terrible, It's an objective truth no doubt. I literally spawned behind the guy who killed me, in the enemy A Flag while my team were on the opposite side of the map! The game spawn system does NOT take in factors such as where you team is and where owned flags are, but rather the location of the person who killed you. This creates random spawn places in the map, constant flag swapping and chain deaths.What idiot ward probably did was create the revenge spawn system to counter spawn-trapping, but now that maps are bigger, and killstreaks are much more useless their is no justification for this crap spawn system.

Also BO2 had a very very good spawn system, players would spawn with their team AND near their flags, and whats with you sucking MW2's ****? That game was terribly unbalanced, from stopping power ump45s to one man army noob tubes. The only thing it had going for it was the maps. It's obvious nostalgia is clouding your judgement...

ghamorra

I finally had some major spawn issues. For the first couple of games I felt the spawns were manageable for the first couple of days having only one issue come to mind.

Lag is a huge step up, I can't really think of any lag problems that weren't my own fault by demanding too much of my internet at one time. I think most people here swear by their own connection and don't think that there the source of the problem when they actually are.

Quick deaths are caused by the gun damage which is the highest I've ever seen. ARs hover in the high 30's and low 40's in terms of damage. MRs are in the high 40's low 50s. Range is also pretty decent which some people aren't use too. Getting shot from across the map by something other than a sniper often meant you could easily escape, not in Ghosts. If I remember right most of the ARs don't experience a drop off until 40 (not sure if that's feet or meters) and though the maps are big I don't think they're so big that 40 is a relatively long distance

IndyOldDude

ghamorra wrote:

I finally had some major spawn issues. For the first couple of games I felt the spawns were manageable for the first couple of days having only one issue come to mind.

Lag is a huge step up, I can't really think of any lag problems that weren't my own fault by demanding too much of my internet at one time. I think most people here swear by their own connection and don't think that there the source of the problem when they actually are.

Quick deaths are caused by the gun damage which is the highest I've ever seen. ARs hover in the high 30's and low 40's in terms of damage. MRs are in the high 40's low 50s. Range is also pretty decent which some people aren't use too. Getting shot from across the map by something other than a sniper often meant you could easily escape, not in Ghosts. If I remember right most of the ARs don't experience a drop off until 40 (not sure if that's feet or meters) and though the maps are big I don't think they're so big that 40 is a relatively long distance

LAG:
                  The higher gun damage, added in with lagging behind an opponent, results in these 'instant deaths" where you have absolutely zero time to react...I say again, this combination of things is making for bad game play.
                  It is curious why they took out the connection indicators (red bar, yellow bar etc etc...)
                  Makes you think they knew it was gonna be bad and they didnt want you to see just how bad it really is.

SPAWNS:
                  Today was one of the worst spawns I have ever had, other than the getting knifed ones...playing domination, I spawned right near the enemy flag, where a guy was of course camping and looking down his sights, well guess where I spawned, RIGHT IN HIS SIGHTS!!
                  I mean c'mon, why would the game spawn me on their side of the map, 2 feet from their flag, right into a guys sights,  in Domination of all game modes?
                  So already, within one week, I have had respawn issues I have never had happen before in MW3 and BO2.
                  Not to mention the tons of deaths from being shot in back by someone who just spawned...now pleae dont compare MW3 and BO2 spawning to this because those games had tiny mpas, with these larger maps, this kind of spawning is inexcusable.

IndyOldDude

AudibleTuna wrote:

You say it's constant but I haven't been spawn knifed once, sooo... ya.. Your hyperbolic ranting isn't helping your case

I meant the bad spawns are constant, not the being knifed...
              But alas, that had never happened to me in any other COD, and already happened 2 times in ghosts, not to mention the times I have had guys spawn 4-10 feet behind me and shoot me in the back..
              and BTW ur insults don't help the discussion at all.

camjohn1

You take advantage of the ample coverage, go 2.0, and don't camp? ******* liar

parnezzi

stop playing cranked and that'll fix the spawns

this video will explain what that lag is

KibbleBitKat

The spawns are very much tolerable from my playtime the only times I went wow were in FFA and Cranked mostly on maps like strikezone other then that to many people are overly ********.

biron_w

Spawning is definitely the worst I've experienced in any COD game so far.

I thought they were bad in BO2 but I put some of the down to the very small maps, yet in this game we have massive maps and I still spawn near players on the other team.

Last night I actually spawning IN THE LINE OF SIGHT of somebody on the other team on Overlord That should never happen on a map that size.

Then there is the issue of the game spawning me outside with a Hind over head which resulted in me dying instantly.

IndyOldDude

biron_w wrote:

Spawning is definitely the worst I've experienced in any COD game so far.

I thought they were bad in BO2 but I put some of the down to the very small maps, yet in this game we have massive maps and I still spawn near players on the other team.

Last night I actually spawning IN THE LINE OF SIGHT of somebody on the other team on Overlord That should never happen on a map that size.

Then there is the issue of the game spawning me outside with a Hind over head which resulted in me dying instantly.

Today was one of the worst spawns I have ever had, other than the getting knifed ones...playing domination, I spawned right near the enemy flag, where a guy was of course camping and looking down his sights, well guess where I spawned, RIGHT IN HIS SIGHTS!!

I mean c'mon, why would the game spawn me on their side of the map, 2 feet from their flag, right into a guys sights,  in Domination of all game modes?

shinji-ex

Spawns are perfect given the larger dual layer maps of this games MP

iSAL

Once again the spawn system for FFA is garbage. But I am beginning to think it will always be that way. The maps are so freaking huge that there is no reason for you to spawn, or have someone spawn within LOS of someone else.