3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 4:48 AM by phxs72 RSS

Join Problem In Multiplayer

Avoic

Hi I have the following question: why cant I play with my friends in PC and when we try to join their game it says unable to join game? I have a strict NAT and this could explain it, but after two friends of mine who have open NAT tried to join each other they couldnt. Could you tell me what is the problem and its solution, please?

• Re: Join Problem In Multiplayer
    snorfer666

It's their problem, not ours. I've mentioned this in a bunch of posts but I was working with tech support for about 10 hours (not free tech support!) and network engineers concluded that it was not my problem and there's nothing I can do on my end to fix. This is after I contacted Activision and they said nothing but it's my ISP.. which it isn't.

So sit around and wait for them to fix it, or play another game, honestly. Don't waste your time trying to forward, trigger ports, change firewall settings etc. I've seen so many people complain that this is the first game they've ever had problems with mod/strict nat types. My first game too with these types of problems.

Avoic

I see. I have already tried everything in order to solve this problem and indeed I reached the conclusion thats is my not problem.
      I don't know what am I going to do. The problem is the money I gave. I don't know but I strongly NOT recommend this game. It has many problems that are seen for the first time. I port-forwarded Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and I succeeded. NAT open. But now nothing. Thank you my friend for you answer I really appreciated it

phxs72

I'm on PS3 so this information may not translate over to PC but here goes.  A strict NAT will prevent you from joining others games in general but it won't prevent them from joining you unless they too have a strict NAT.  That being said I too thought that there was something wrong with the Join Game function over the weekend because the option was locked on everyone in my friends list.  However, it seems that "locked" just means that their lobby is full.  I was able to join friends that weren't locked on the few occasions where it was an option although on a couple of those occasions the join failed.  I suppose that with the game being new there just aren't that many lobbies out there with openings at this time.