7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 9:46 PM by Southpawgamer RSS

The only 4 things wrong with Call of Duty: Ghosts on the Wii U.

Wozny

I have played this game for about 1 day in total, and as far the occasional MSBS (which isn't really that bad, but should still be nerfed) there are only 4 real problems with this game.

1. Wii U doesn't have 18 Player Max.

In BO2, Wii U received a patch that increased the total players that could be in a match to 18. On many gamemodes, this was a BLESSING. I feel like this would be an even bigger blessing in a game that has gigantic maps. Sure, there might be some players that would make this feature annoying, but in the end, I think it's needed to play this game and even encourage some people to buy the Wii U version.

2. The Lag

I own this game for Both Xbox 360 and Wii U and I can say that both systems have huge amounts of lag at some points. However, I feel as if it's more prominent on the Wii U. I hope the Dev's know this is a huge problem because of how stressful it can make things, but I'm sure this issue will be resolved shortly.

3. Wii Remote Issues

I love the extensive Wii Remote settings in this game, but there are a few issues. My experience with the Wiimote knife from infected is that it seems a little bit... ridiculous. Even with Aim Assist off(I always have it off), it seems the knife is really easy to get kills with wiimote. Maybe it's just me, but I personally think the wiimote knife radius should be slightly smaller than that of Dual Analogs, which still have a HUGE Knife AA(But that's another story). Also, I found that when I try to snipe with the wiimote in this game no matter how I adjust my settings, the scope is EXTREMELY SLOW. It's not as much of a problem as the knife, but it's annoying.

4. Lack of Players going out of TDM

Originally, this was gonna be "Player Issues" that include the people that sit next to their SAT-COMs in dark rooms, but that isn't controllable. But one issue I can yell at the players is that NOBODY leaves TDM. I've tried a lot of the newer Gamemodes (Especiialy one of my new favorites, Search and Rescue), and I can tell you that they are very good modes. Try some Infected or SnR every once in awhile.

Other than these tiny issues, this is a great game so far and I thank Treyarch for porting it to the U.

• Re: The only 4 things wrong with Call of Duty: Ghosts on the Wii U.
    Padiego

You forgot freezing issues. Nintend0n't froze like 20 times last night, always in the loading screen or when searching for a match.

CongerEel

1. Wii U doesn't have 18 Player Max.

For It would be nice to large numbers; I do not see it as a major issue.

2. The Lag

The lag is killing the game.  One game I am running like a mile a minute and next game I am been lapped by other players just going around a building's corner.

3. Wii Remote Issues

I transferred settings from BOP2 to Ghosts.  After a few adjustments; everything is now fine.  Devs do not celebrated this response because it took me six months, yes 6 months, to get the my wii remote settings right for BOPS2 and I got the game in January

4. Lack of Players going out of TDM

Go exploring other lobbies, like Cranked, Domination. Kill/Confirm, Hardcore, and Squads.  I am enjoying the other game modes and I think the variety of multi-player game types makes me givie COD Ghost a thumb-up rating.  You can level up more quickly playing the objective-focused games. 

Southpawgamer

I like to respond to 1 & 2...

1) It doesn't have to cuz it's a COD game. It's very chaotic running & gunning right now. You put more players there it will end up worst than running & gunning.

2) This may sound BS but I don't see lag problems on Ghosts. The lag issues encountered by some gamers were mainly caused by poor internet connection. The Wii U doesn't have wired ethernet. You need to purchase a LAN adaptor for it if you don't like going WiFi. Going WiFi will cut your bandwidth signal more than half unless you do channel bonding with your signal. If your internet connection is not that fast then it will get worst. The game is also being hosted on P2P right now which add to the problem.