6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2013 7:36 AM by warrior0712 RSS

How to setup a dedicated server for mw3?

I have tried allot of tutorials but none of them works. i am strugling to find one that is simple and clear. If anyone could maby provide a link or post that will explain how to setup my dedicated server, that will be very nice.

Thanks...

• Re: How to setup a dedicated server for mw3?
    CrapDuster

Im no pro at this but this should help.

1st navigate to your mw3 folder. the path shoud be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3.

Once there right click iw5mp_server.exe and choose send to desktop, then go to your desktop & right click on the shortcut you  created & choose properties,

In the target field paste the text in red after the end quote add 1 space. +set sv_maprotation default +start_map_rotate +set dedicated 2

The target field should look like this when your done. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3\iw5mp_server.exe" +set sv_maprotation default +start_map_rotate +set dedicated 2

Apply & exit.

Now edit your server.cfg file found in mw3 admin folder. this file is for editing the server name & password etc.

PATH should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3\admin

Next edit your default.dspl file found in mw3 admin folder (this file is for map rotation)

PATH should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3\admin

at the bottom of the file you'll see something like

*,TDM_default,1

mp_alpha,DOM_default,1

mp_bootleg,DOM_default,1

*,TDEF_default,1000

mp_bravo,JUG_default,1

(if you play 1 gametype & like all the maps you really only need to use one of these lines)

*,TDM_default,1

(that line means that the server will be selecting random maps (like shuffle) and the gametype will be Team Death Match.)

Here's a few example of maplists.

*= random/all maps rotation

If you only like certain maps you can create your own maplist,

let's say you want to play domination & only like 3 of the maps you set it up like this.

mp_alpha,DOM_default,1

mp_dome,DOM_default,1

mp_seatown,DOM_default,1

This is a mixed gametype maplist of capture the flag & team death match using random/all maps for each gametype.

*,CTF_default,1

*,TDM_default,1

when your done open the shortcut you created on your desktop & your server console should open & start up the server.

if you don't want to use the "default" recipes; the easiest way to edit them, is in the private match lobby Here's a tutorial http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48036&p=258966&hilit=+edit#p2 58966 If this is a private server (run from home) you can just skip the last six lines.

change the name in your map rotetion from XXX_default; to what ever you named the dsr

Unfortunately you'll need to do this for, each and any game type/mode you wish to run.

(there isn't much you can do universally on these servers)

You can however copy and paste the custom classes from one to the other (be sure to include both allied, and axes, otherwise you will end up with costom classes on only one team)

You can also use the custom classes "name" space to post messages.

something like this:

1 create custom

2 classes in

3 the private

4 match lobby...

5 NO LS/MARTY/DMH (most people don't read it anyway...lol)

Hope this helps

Poison_pawn PCO

warrior0712

I've got this problem: 1ac83bcbe271dbbd39c8e2e6c7fc876d.png Can you please help me? When i want to go online in MW3, it always says the servers are down. When i looked at the stat it says the servers are fully operational. I couldn't play MW3 for about one week! It would be really nice if someone can help me and I'm sorry for my english, I'm from germany