15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 9:52 AM by Jonathanamz RSS

So now that last DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops II is released can Treyarch improve on PC?

Jonathanamz

So now that Activision and Treyarch released the last DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops II can Activison and Treyarch work on developing a patch for the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II that brings Rentable Ranked and Unranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser List? Seriously I feel like these 2 video game companies are treating me like trash I would like to purchase the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II but I still did not purchase it to this day today because of matchmaking being in place which is bad on PC.

So Activision and Treyarch please release a patch that adds Rentable Ranked and Unranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser List so I can finally purchase the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I cannot purchase the consoles versions because I do not own any consoles at all. Treat your PC gamer customers fairly with respect please. I want to find while looking through the Server Browser List a server to join to play on I can't stand playing on a server that has matchmaking.

• Re: So now that last DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops II is released can Treyarch improve on PC?
    Momba1

Jonathanamz wrote:

...So Activision and Treyarch please release a patch that adds Rentable Ranked and Unranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser List so I can finally purchase the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. ...

Never going to happen so sorry to miss you in BO2 and for that matter Ghosts unless a rabbit is pulled out of a hat.

The PC does and has had Dedicated Servers plus you can do all of the Private Matches your heart desires.

• Re: So now that last DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops II is released can Treyarch improve on PC?
      Jonathanamz

Did I ever say the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II has no Dedicated Servers? No.

Momba1

My first sentence was your answer, and I'm clear exactly what you and most folks 'want' but again, it sure isn't going to happen in BO2 - period.

Jonathanamz

Well ever since November to this day today I have been heavily active in a whole bunch of websites and social websites and I gathered from a few clans where people said everyone in their clans did not purchase Call of Duty: Black Ops II because no Rentable Ranked and Unranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser List there are at least 5,000 people who I gathered information from that did not purchase Call of Duty: Black Ops II because of this and at least 3,000 who did purchase Call of Duty: Black Ops II but are people who are very upset at there being no Rentable servers with a Server browser List.

So 5,000 people + 3,000 people= 8,000 very unhappy PC gamers which= $480,000 dollars (USD) that Activision and Treyarch did not gain or will not gain from Call of Duty: Ghosts. $480,000 dollars (USD) is nothing to Activision because they earn a billion dollars (USD) from each of the Call of Duty video games that they sell but I am pretty sure they would like to earn that extra $480,000 dollars (USD). If you are going to ask no I do not have hard evidence from these stats I told you it's from people that I gathered it from I read a comment from some person somewhere on a website over 7 and a half months ago where he said at least 2,000 people in his clan are very upset or did not purchase then another clan with like 1,000 who did not purchase or are upset, etc.

Momba1

BO2 in the first two weeks hit the $1B sales mark. So now after all of these months, DLC's, Microtransactions, etc ... pfff who knows?!

Some folks make-up excuses for anything why they did, didn't or are after all of this time riding the fence. So lets get real here. Also, I know a ton of folks that own some, none and all DLC ... are in Clans ... but the primary reasons folks do or don't buy is lack of money or interest or continuing interest in certain games.

So in your example you're assuming the count is correct, folks are telling you the truth and in many cases don't like one game or another even if it were FREE. IMO the Campaign alone was worth it's price ... and certainly a hell of a lot better than e.g. Medal of Honor™ Warfighter for the same price!

Are there things that can make BO2 better ... absolutely, read some of the non-rant posts in this forum.

UndreamtStone

got the new maps...look good but only problem is unplayable due to horrible matchmaking...bad hi ping lobbies that you get thrown in...lag and teleporting is now a regular in the game...lol...what a joke...I wish they would do an upgrade for all this and more...they have all of the suggestions and helpful solutions to most of the problems we are all facing...however...its now up to them, the makers of codbo2 to get their heads together and help out their gaming community....again all we can do is ask...it's up to them to actually do something...thank you for what could have been and still could be a remarkable game

WinterPwnd

If they haven't fixed it in 10 months i honestly highly doubt they will fix it as it will be deserted on PC when ghosts comes out. Probably only people with bad/way too good connections will play, but with matchmaking, lol, good luck with that.

I'm going to "buy" the dlc only to play zombies, since origins does look really good and I've allways been a fan of zombies, can't wait to play the new map

Jonathanamz

So today marks the 1 year anniversary since Call of Duty: Black Ops II released.

Activision, Treyarch, and pcdev please listen and release Rentable Ranked and Unranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser List for the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I will give it 6 months to 1 year to see a patch for this.

If I do not see a patch for this I will still not purchase the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II and whatever video game you guys are developing right now to release for November of next year.

Actually I want to purchase 2 copies of the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II and I will not purchase it for consoles because I do no own any consoles or console video games at all and have not for more than 14+ years only PC's and PC versions of video games.

So Activision and Treyarch please thing about it if you want $180 dollars (USD) from me I said I will spend $180 dollars (USD) because 2 copies of the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II at $60 dollars (USD) each equals $120 dollars (USD) total and the next video game that you guys will sell next year is $60 dollars (USD) so that is a total of $180 dollars (USD).

If these 2 PC features do not get added 6 months from now, there is always next year to ask if these PC features do not get added there is always 1 year from now to ask, then 2 years from now, then 3 years from now, and so on.

Big_Jaw

Do you really think at this late stage in the games life cycle, that activision and treyarch are gonna get started changing the entire multiplayer infrastructure just to please you and your buddies and get your lunch money? That a year later, after the game has lost its peak popularity, they are gonna invest time and resources that could be spent on making Ghosts a more pleasurable experience than it currently is to improve a game that,as it stands, is considered a success? Do you really think you and your clan buddies have that kind of power? Well, do ya? Punk?

Jonathanamz

Treyarch doesn't work on developing Call of Duty: Ghosts that's Infinity Ward Treyarch right now is most likely working on developing the next new Call of Duty to release in November of 2014.

They don't need their whole entire staff to change the multiplayer infrastructure. VALVe still updates their Source Engine to this day today with a few engine changes here and there and that video game engine has existed since 2004.

Epic Games still updates the Unreal Engine 3 and that video game engine has existed since 2006 Epic Games is also working on developing Unreal Engine 4 which gets released next year. Epic Games has been working on developing Unreal Engine 4 since 2003. Epic Games said they plan on supporting Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Engine 4 for another 10+ years.

If Epic Games and VALVe can do it then so can Treyarch. Treyarch can have just 1 person or up to 5 people working on their free spare time on updating the video game engine that Call of Duty: Black Ops II runs on for us PC gamers.

I know quite well how video game engine development works.

Big_Jaw

They are gonna need some staff, and like you said, most likely they are busy working on the next title. Activision makes the decisions and they aren't gonna put time and resources into what you are asking for. Changing a game engine is completely different from changing the multiplayer infrastructure. But I shouldn't have to explain that to you since you already know quite well how video game engine development works. Trust me, I want what you want, but it ain't gonna happen. Just look at Ghosts as evidence. They continued the same matchmaking system & I believe it's all based around dedicated servers, just like BLOPS 2. If they wanted to add a server browser, and rentable servers, to Black Ops 2 at any point, they probably would have built that into Ghosts to begin with. They are VERY aware of how much people are asking for this. They just have decided against it.

gligar13

You don't see older UE3 games being updated, same with many source games, while other source engine updates just involve copy/pasting to the newer engine (and stuff gets broken).

There's a difference between a game and a licensable engine.

Jonathanamz

Older video games that run on Unreal Engine 3 don't get updated you are right about that. But Unreal Tournament III (3) still gets updated you can download the free Unreal Development Kit (UDK) mod tools that Epic Games keeps updating at least every month or so.

For example Epic Games added DirectX 11 support for Unreal Engine 3 which when it released in 2006 had no DirectX 11 support only DirectX 9 support because DirectX 11 got released in 2009 when Microsoft released Windows 7.

I now use Unreal Development Kit (UDK) 64 bit DirectX 11 which lets me create my own custom  graphical mods, meshes, models, skins, textures, total conversion mods, levels, and maps using DirectX 11 for the PC version of Unreal Tournament III (3).

All of the video games that are developed on Source Engine by VALVe do get updated still to this day today when VALVe updates the Source Engine. Team Fortress 2 still gets many updates every month well mostly because it is a Free to Play (F2P) video game but Counter-Strike Source still gets engine changes once a month if not once a month about every 2 months or so same thing goes for Day of Defeat: Source and Half Life 2: Deathmatch.

Epic Games said they will support Unreal Engine 3 for another 10+ years and Unreal Engine 4 for another 10+ years. 10 years from now Unreal Engine 3 will be about 17+ years old while Unreal Engine 4 will be 20 years old because Unreal Engine 4 started going into development in 2003 and Epic Games is releasing Unreal Engine 4 and video games developed on Unreal Engine 4 next year. I have no idea when Unreal Engine 3 started going into development but Unreal Engine 3 released in 2006.

If every single video game publishing company and video game development company that is developed on Unreal Engine 3 that released since 2006 got the new updated source code for Unreal Engine 3 from Epic Games you would have DirectX 11 support added to Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3 etc and so on.

SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Montreal are publishing Thief which will be released next year and it runs on Unreal Engine 3 and has DirectX 11 support.

So again if Epic Games and VALVe can do it so can Treyarch.

[pde]paulkersey

Call Of Duty World At War II (after whatever current game is for 2014) using cloud/real user dedicated servers/32+ players/WaW sized or slightly bigger maps for bolt action rifles, jeeps, etc., with a return to the gametype 'War' by Treyarch (just a wish). Players could provide feedback to help bring out the best in the game.