28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 6:40 AM by phxs72 RSS

AMPLIFY IS RUINING THIS GAME.. AMONG OTHER THINGS...

IRISHudSTOPcampN

even in core game moods im seeing more and more players, sitting in a corner listening to footsteps. there is enough camping in call of duty without giving these 'players' additional tools to camp with. please do not allow amplify to negate dead silence, i shouldnt be at a further disadvantage to a player who's going to spend all game sitting back listening for footsteps. cant tell you how annoying it is to go all the way around the map, get behind a guy you know is camping somewhere, but hes still sitting there ADS waiting for you cause hes listening for feet.

at the least make the perk cost alot more points and/or seriously lower the volume of amplify, especially for those with dead silence equipped.

• Re: AMPLIFY IS RUINING THIS GAME.. AMONG OTHER THINGS...
    TheBandicoot

Finally the typical rushing mindset is either not viable in certain situations or requires a lot more skill to do good with. You want to be fast? Fine. But then accwpt the tradeoff and be loud, simple as that. The stupid perk isnt Amplify, its Dead Silence. Without DS there would be no need for Amplify. Adapt and learn how to counter someone listening for foodsteps. They cannot hear you crouching, and thats the reason crouching even exists. You are supposed to not only use it to be small but also to be silent. Amplify cannot amplify Dead Silence enough, sadly - so deal with it as it is and stop thinking CoD has to be fast paced rushing crap like BO2 with its completly inaudible footsteps or MW2's uncounterable Dead Silence were.So please dear Devs, instead of enabling headless rusher chicken to run around where they want without making a single noise, please simply remove Dead Silence and Amplify alltogether. Yet i know that won't happen, so please leave both perks as they are now.Thank you.

IRISHudSTOPcampN

lol the typical camping mindset, oh wait , its not camping, its strategic sitting in a far corner of the map right. this game wasnt made for people to sit in corners and wait for the oppenent to come to them, if everyone decided they would play lke that the games would end 0-0 draw, players like me push the action, we come out and play, its easy enough for someone to camp without having the advantage of listening to footsteps, they dont need to reward people who wont play. if i have to crouch my way around these gigantic maps to deal with these players im gonna do the same thing as everyone else and go to BF....

is a game, its supposed to be fun, people who run around and play make it fun, not the poeple who spend all map camping and listening for footsteps. like i said,just imagine this game if everyone played that way... absolutely horrible.  even game modes like cranked and kill confirmed, built around the principle of running and gunning and filled with people playing like this. its not about realism, its about having a game everyone can enjoy,campers can still camp without hearin footsteps, they dont need the extra tools to camp... if this is fair then give runners a perk that shows what area other players are in if theyve been there for more then a few sconds,,,,how bad would that be? dont reward one group of players and not reward the other ones

IRISHudSTOPcampN

and removing both perks just goes right back to people sitting in corners listening to footsteps, getting rid of the sound of feet altogether would be a better solution to make people come out and play. good players can move both sticks at the same time, dont reward these kids who are gonna sit back ADS and wait for a kill, let them be the ones who return the game, cause you keep dedicating this game to them, thats all thats gonna be left.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Crouch walking counters Amplify. Run until you get near the room the camper is in and start crouch walking. It will confuse him as your loud footsteps suddenly went silent. 

TheBandicoot

You guys only see the extreme side, dont you? The well known hardcamper, the one that secures both entrances to his camping site with IEDs, proning in a dark corner, unable to be seen if you dont know where he is. Get out of this one-sided mindset please. I run sround as well, but when i clearly hear someone coming around a corner, i prepare myself accordingly. You guys simply dont want to accept the only tradeoff moving around quickly should have. And even if you have Amplify - Dead Silence steps are still hardly audible if the location isnt completly quiet. There is more to this game than sprinting 90% of a match, a tactical player will also stop sonetimes or crouchwalk to avoid being detected. But of course this already qualifies as camping, doesnt it, because you obviously dont seem to have the skill to think once for a second if crouching or walking would fit the situation better than rushing. I rather get my ass kicked by a hardcamper 20 times in a row instead of being shot in the back 20 times because i didnt hear that person running behind me. You can avoid the hardcamper, but you cannot prevent someone silently running around the corner you checked 1.5 seconds ago, and that is complete utterly bullsh*t.

rlbl

Exactly!

People are always going to extremes.

- TF users (BO2) were not all LMG users sitting in corners

- Amplify users are also not all sitting in corners (I use amplify, and I am always moving unless and until I hear someone coming as you say).

Are there a lot of people camping? YES. But the point is: There always was, and there always will be. No matter what perks are in the game, NOTHING will change that.

robbierocket

The perk should NOT be a ton of points when you consider what it does.

Does it allow players to hear clearly that which they could not otherwise? No

It enhances the ability to hear.

This game has had a rethink on soldier noise/movement and without this perk, sitting still is more than enough to hear any kind of noise. So, the perk is at a cost and enhances something that can already be achieved. If anything, it's a waste. The only real discernable thing it does is cancel the SILENT movement perk.

Also, a way bigger issue is that, how much information do we really gain from this, as you can also hear your own teammates, basically everyone on the map, and if you have to concern yourself with the minimap much more than your soldier's view, you run further risks.

Yesterday I respawned after my 10-streak had been ended, I saw a friendly spawn on the minimap behind me, slightly to my right side. I moved, he moved and I could hear him moving. After around 10 paces I died. Confused, I watched the killcam. An enemy had either (1) spawned with us at around the same time or (2) been exactly behind me when I spawned. His movement matched that of my teammate (although upon reflection my teammate veered off to the right) and he simply got up to me unchecked before stabbing me.

Did any kind of hearing help. No. Would AMPLIFIED have changed anything, no.

Perhaps the perk should come with the in-game soldier voice intel "careful, enemy close".

We may at least react or take note of that subliminal message!

rlbl

lol so true.

I just bought a new headset (Astro A40s) because my sony one's will nto work with the PS4 (Friday!!! yea!!!).

Anyways, I can hear everything going on around me, and I cannot tell you the number of times I have died because a teammate ran behind me causing me to turn around so I get shot because I was not looking where I should have.  My failure.

phxs72

I find DS to be a good counter for Amplify.  I've pulled it out on guys that I know where running Amplify and being very effective with it.  Once I ran DS and Amplify myself, they had a hard go of it.  Crouch walking is also useful but generally speaking with DS there is more than enough action going on in game that I can readily sneak up on Amplify users.  Besides that I think that you have to consider that footsteps can be heard without Amplify (unless they are using DS).  So you need to factor that in when playing.  I know that if I'm flanking by myself and I hear someone I'm going to crouch walk and catch them off guard.  Amplify just makes hearing them easier but anyone with a headset can hear them without it.  If you are running in blindly then no perk will save you.  You need to learn to approach with caution once you get near enemy territory.

Starbuck_OS

Not sure how soundwhoring is limted to camping, Honestly this perk is the reason why a lot of us enjoy infinity ward's COD over Treyarch's, we like footsteps.

Your suggestion to increase point balance is idiotic, why would you do such a thing, the perk isn't overpowered, people can use footsteps even without the perk, it simply raises the level of footsteps; furthermore if you would to increase anything it would be steady aim perk to 3 points.

rankismet

You should not be able to sprint hither and yon fully loaded with gear without making noise.

Just sayin'.

Adam1234567893

I only want something to counter them because crouch walking no longer counters it. I think Blind Eye should counter Amplify. It's not like that perk matters I can still hear people without it lol. All they need to do is remove the filter and make it 4 points or make it where something counters it.

IRISHudSTOPcampN

this is exactly what happen to gears of war, they dedicated that game to the players who needed extra help ( liek hearing footsteps) fps games were not meant to be played sitting in corners and walking around on your knees at 1 mph, and look at the dropoff of players for that series. cod is not far behind, alot have already left for BF and more will do so if the game continues to head in this direction. if amplifiy wasnt as good as half of you hear are defending it, then why do you need it? simple as that. there is no place in FPS for sitting back and listening to feet, it destorys the game. if im wrong then let COD patch it so amplify only works if your moving at full speed, noone will use it. its a tool for untalented cmpers. and keep in mind i own a nice epensive pair of beaches, i just refuse to turn the game into a battle of who's better at moving on there knees or listening to there headset in a corner.

Mess1ahBrowny

Id rather they banned all hackers made the game secure and safe...then sorted game play problems out

DARKPHOENIX800

Its good that there are perks to counter other perks but I think that dead silence should override amplify, like it did to sitrep pro in MW3.

IOwnU

Most campers i've killed so far didn't use amplify at all. It's not the fault of this perk that ppl sit in the corners. To be honest, maybe it's a bug for me but its really hard to hear ppl with DS when im using amplify and im using a 400€ Soundcard-Headset combination. In all other games im able to track ppls footsteps like wallhack. I could even hear the footsteps in Blops2 :-P. So another question to the others using amplify: How loud are the footsteps with amplify if someone uses DS? Can you compare it like you could hear someone without DS and without using Amplify?

phxs72

DS is real quite even with Amplify on.  In fact more likely than not by the time that you realize that it's actually footsteps that you are hearing, you're already dead.  If there is any action going on at all, then you won't hear a DS user.  At least I don't.

IOwnU

I have exactly the same problems. So whats the reason to remove this perk? If you remove the counterperk everyone will just run around with DS. You could just remove footsteps completly then... the best thing would be to remove both perks.

phxs72

I don't have a problem with either perk but that's basically what BO2 did.  Footstep sounds where so weak that it provided almost no benefit to use either of them.  At the end of the day, those that are complaining about them are using poor gameplay strategy.  Plain and simple.  I have no issue getting kills with them and I have no issue getting kills without them.  Furthermore, I have no issue dealing with folks that are using them.  But then again, my whole class setup isn't hinging on the enemy being too stupid to adapt.  I beat them with a wide array of strategy.