17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 11:09 AM by phxs72 RSS

Bonus xp squads

ps3noob

WWhat does it do if I am right I'm prob sitting on around 5-6 hours on it

• Re: Bonus xp squads
    rlbl

Not 100% sure, but I noted the following:

When I was playing TDM (in squads) i noted I was getting 110pts/kill.  Maybe it is a little XP boost?

phxs72

I played a Squads match this morning and it showed that I had 2 hours of 2xp available.  I presume that came from our clan reaching level 6 but it's nice to know that the 2xp bonus gets applied to Squads as well as Multiplayer because I've played way more than 2 hours of Multiplayer after the 2xp was awarded.  So in effect you get 4 hours worth of 2xp play time if you play both modes.  Now having said that, I have to wonder if it's complete bunk because I was only getting 50xp per kill in KC which is normal xp.  So perhaps the countdown clock was just glitched and I didn't really have 2xp on?  That's something that I'll have to look further into.

rlbl

My understanding is that the bonus XP you get in squads does not carry over to MP (not sure though)

As well, the squads bonus XP is not 2XP.  It seems to be a 10% boost (as seen in another thread I found)

phxs72

Oh then that's something else entirely.  I didn't know about a bonus XP but then again I only this morning figured out where I needed to go to setup my Squad so that it could actually get challenged.  So my Squads knowledge is rather limited.

rlbl

Mine as well...

What I am not sure is: Do the squad members level when you are challenged.  I had a character close to leveling and he never level even though I was challenged 4 times (and won one...lol)

I wonder if they either do not level at all, or only when you win?

phxs72

They are supposed to level when you are challenged depending on how well they played.  I don't know if it's a slower paced leveling or what since my Squad has yet to actually get challenged.  However, I have noticed that when I'm challenging someone else's Squad that it doesn't seem like the other squad members on my team are leveling up.  They may be leveling but if they are then it's at a really slow pace.  The character that I'm controlling though seems to level up normally.

rlbl

I will challenge you, and beat you into the ground!!!

Or not...

I have lost some games even though all my squad members are at least level 2 (two are mid level teens and one is 21)... and I got beat by a squad of all level 1 characters, with the main one being leveled higher.

phxs72

Any time my friend.  Any time.  I wouldn't even hazard a guess at how well my Squad would do up against a real person.  So far they tend to handle the BOTs pretty well but we have lost some matches.  Mostly because of their fearless leader bringing up the rear but I'm getting better.  I should warn you though that my Squad is mostly between lvl 3 and lvl 7 but my main guy just prestiged last night.  He's pretty stacked and I've taken some time along the way to buy a few things for my other squad members even though I haven't played with them much yet.

xxxharveystjockxxx

So where do you go to set up your squads?  Do you really have to spend squad points for each guy to arm them or did i glance at it wrong?

foo1sgo1d

xxxharveystjockxxx wrote:

So where do you go to set up your squads?  Do you really have to spend squad points for each guy to arm them or did i glance at it wrong?

That's what I had to do. Buy the player, rename them, kit them out with the default loadout you would like them too use, this can also be customised. I actually came up against a guy who had equipped all his players with target finders lol. I don't play multiplayer, so getting Suad points takes ages, but it's still alot more fun than MP.

TheUndeadGoat

Here's a video that we made that's helped explain squads to people a little better:

As for the bonus XP, you gain that bonus XP time when your squad is challenged. Since you can buy the first 6 squad members for 3 squad points each now (the 6th used to be 100), and you gain 2 SP each time you level a squad member, it's actually a handy way to make some SP. Buy a new squadmate, play a couple rounds of squads as that new character and you should have leveled up enough to make a positive gain of SP.

Odd quirk I can share: If you have a squad member with a marksman rifle equipped and someone gets close, they will spend the time switching to a secondary regardless of the sights on the marksman rifle. So I took the secondary away from my guy with the M14 burst and iron sights and his score the next two games got better.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention, it's 30min of bonus XP per round and it does max out, it is not infinite. Also, you max out at roughly 2k XP gain during a squads match.

phxs72

When you go into Squads mode scroll down to the Squad HQ.  That's where you can setup your map and gametype.

maccabi

the bonus carries over into mp it is NOW bonus xp its bonus xp time and is times 1,1% of normal

rlbl

THanks.

A question (maybe you have some insight to the answer): Any ideas as to why maybe we cannot challenge friends on the PS4?