19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 10:59 AM by jeremiahneral RSS

Sniping!!!?? So I can shoot you with...

__LT__

I can shoot someone with a USR center mass and not kill them.. but they snipe me with a Remington from all the way across the map? WTF ?

• Re: Sniping!!!?? So I can shoot you with...
    biron_w

So I can shoot a sniper with a SMG at close range and not kill them.. but they somehow use their sniper as a shotgun and hit me with one bullet from a foot away and kill me? WTF ?

belly120

i don't have any problem getting kills, you may not be hitting centre mass, arms don't count as OHK and you chose the scrub rifle.  (faster handling oh i can be a quick scope douche)

i chose the L117 so when i wanna beast other snipers i can lol.  no quick scoping here just a fat dose of hard scope death

r33k

i've had a few WTF moments with the L115 and chrome barrel. that combo is a 1 shot kill anywhere except the feet.

popped a guy about 50 feet away in the chest and got a hit marker. has happened more than once. hit box's might need tweaking.

jeremiahneral

When your in the lobby ask around, see if people are in your general area ( Northeast, Midwest etc...) I've noticed that when I'm in a local lobby the hit detection is awesome. Also when sniping you have to make sure your aim is good, Its not like MW3 where you can shoot 2 feet over their head and get a hit marker. Quickscoping is unfortunately for many, but awesome for people like me, easier, deadlier, and way crisper than any other COD to date IMHO. You just have to make sure your not moving when you draw the scope or your bullet will not fly straight, again... accuracy because the hit detection in this game is really great if your getting a good connection.

Senator SCUM

SrgntMerkWorthy
    I have found the USR to be a hit marker machine.  I think it comes down to hit detection sometimes.  An enemy will be standing behind something, only showing from the shoulders up, and hit dead center....HIT MARKER.  I have had less with the VKS, but still alot.  It seems to fire faster  so it is just a litte less frustrating.
    jeremiahneral

I'm going to tell you how to outsnipe people in a nutshell.... Upgrade your internet... and if your rolling with DSL or Satellite.. deal with it your going to get screwed.

asbestosflygon

I have good net, my console is running through an ethernet cable not wireless but im still getting BS hitmarkers. I find its usually when there is a large party on the enemy team, meaning one of them has host and the rest of the party are local to the host. Thus, the entier enemy team has positive connection over you. this can be a real drag sepecially as i find many parties either run around holding hands or jerk eachother off in the same building making it impossible to chain streaks with there connection advantage over you (even if its only minor). 

I think all we can do is wait and see how the game performs on the next gen consoles as i feel there will be a vast improvement with dedicated servers and minimum connection speed requierments.

The last thing i will say is, im not a huge fan of rage quitters but if you join a game and get 2+ hitmarkers on someones upper body while rocking a sniper with no kill just leave the game.  We all play to have fun and if a laggy game is stopping that just back out. Dont get worked up over a little BS. We have been playing through **** in cod for years.

jeremiahneral

I think its easier to get the close up quickscopes in this game. I haven't messed around a whole bunch with the sniper rifles, but the little I have has been great. A tip to everyone that hates quickscopers, try it for a while, at the worst you WILL increase your accuracy with other guns.