19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 8:45 AM by T-boss RSS

Is this game playable for Rushers?

Linyao

I have been watching gameplay and checking out the usually i get the new cod installments but the maps are so huge and design looks awful alot is this game built for campers or other styles of play?

• Re: Is this game playable for Rushers?
    GermanicMexican

Nope, people cried that Black Ops 2 was too rusher based, and they dumbed down this one for campers.

WiimotesRus02

Its a campers paradise, you'll hate it, buy the game..

nintendon't

Rushing is still very possible. It just requires more thought and strategy ompared to MW3/BO2. It's similar to Black Ops 1 rushing.

GermanicMexican

Rushing is run around and win by skill and reflexes. Black Ops 1 was use Ghost with a silenced FAMAS and wait for someone to come through,

Spacious_Fissure

Black Ops 1 was so easy when it came to rushing in that game. I mean hard core rushing not the defensive/move around a bit like in Ghosts. . All the camping positions in that game were so obvious. No one ever switched it up. I could always go to top wood on Firing Range and wall bang through that wall and get a free kill or climb up the ladders on the houses on Nuketown and kill people camping behind the beds. Even if you were caught of guard because of the low bullet damage you had time to react and destroy the other person with xxMLgGunZSkillz.

GermanicMexican

What do you mean low bullet damage? FAMAS has a faster killing time than all automatic weapons in any CoD game. If anything Black Ops 1 is the only CoD where good players abused one weapon and didn't rush at all.

Spacious_Fissure

I never really had a problem with the Famas unless some 2+ K/D guy with over 50,000 kills was still using it but most people with that many kills had moved on from that gun.

I used the PM-63 and the Spectre on small maps and would destroy anyone with a Famas and the Commando or AK47 on bigger maps and beast.

Didn't mind it in competitive either because everyone had the game gun so no one had a disadvantage or advantage over anyone. BO2 someone whips out the Skorpion in hardpoint it would be extremely annoying.

Spacious_Fissure

Nope not at all.

Hardcore rushing is out of the picture. This game is more about play defensive (holding down an area) or flanking. You can rush if you're going against bad enough players but if they are waiting on you there is little to no chance you will be able to kill them unlike BO2 where you could jump/drop shot and outgun them because you have better accuracy and gun skill overall. You constantly have to ADS around corners in this game more than any other CoD.

Flanking is not rushing IMO either. It's going around the enemies position and killing from behind.

BlackMetroid95

I wholeheartedly agree with nintendon't- its possible to rush, but you must be much slower to do it. This game has barely any campers (for now, anyway....). You'll be holding down long lines of sight alot to be sure, and what i do is hug the edges if the map, never rushing down blindly in the middle. Helps for less deaths. Checking corners and marksmanship is VERY crucial, cause if you're not careful you'll be destroyed by some LMG turd chilling with his poodle. Play Squads in every map and get used to them. Then you'll see this new, careful type of rushing is like.

WiimotesRus02

This ^ ^ more or less sums it up. If you treat this game like other cod games, you will die alot, especially in hctdm. There are so many places to hide, the resolution of the graphics aren't good, so people can pick you off from close up or far away and you won't know where it comes from unless you play core and watch the kill cam. So you have to be really careful. This game is really different from all the others, its just going to take more time to learn the maps. On some maps there are so many rooms and ally ways with several entry points I'm not sure if its going to be possible to get to know the maps inside out, but that might be a good thing, it means there's always something to learn and not get bored with the same thing so quickly. But not all the maps are like that so,,,,,

Incredible_Mr

The main difference for rushers in this game compared to others from my viewpoint, is that there`s far more campers in this game, especially in dom, they just camp flags, and theyre harder to see, either be it due to the grey patchy graphics or the speed at which people die. Also the maps are bigger, so you get frustrated trying to find people then when you do you dont expect it and insta die. There`s also the lag issue, people have been dying around corners a lot. Only last night I climed some ladders, get inside, aim to shoot a guy and die. Killcam shows me dying at the bottom of the ladders before I even climbed them !

M4GNUM

The game barely has any campers? In HCTDM, 90% of players are campers. Agree with the rest of what you said though. I'm a run and gunner...had to slow down a bunch in order to deal with the increased population of people sitting in corners waiting for people to go across their sights. The average final score in HCTDM is probably 40...which explains a lot.

kill kill kill kill

I agree M\4GNUM play 1 match of HCTDM was kill 6 time finally got 2 kills score 44 to 33. Don't mind campers to bad do lite camping my self 1 or 2 kills move potions (run an gun ) the reevaluate whats going on. But it was extremely slow on HCTDM lots of snipers so if you like sniping HCTDM is for you.

kill kill kill kill

Yes it has a section just for RUSHING called CRANKED. Your first kill starts your timer then you 30 sec to kill again to extended time an so on if you don't BOOM you blow up.