25 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 1:58 PM by Padiego RSS

Wiimote AA & DA AA | No Wiimote AA & No DA AA

EliteKing

its only fair.

i dont even own the game and i can see a huge problem with this already.

wiimoters are basically being forced into an uphill battle with no AA.

remove DA AA and the playing field is level again.

• Re: Wiimote AA & DA AA | No Wiimote AA & No DA AA
    BobbyMcGee

I agree. Disable wiimote free aim as well. Fair is fair.

like2nap03

It will come back. 

WiimotesRus02

I have no idea how strong the wiimote AA is because I never use it, but the DA AA doesn't seem to me to be that strong. I've been watching my son sniping with the gamepad, he says he doesn't feel it, and just by watching him that seems to be the case. If he's not on target by any degree its a missed shot, and if anything, in this game people are complaining about the wiimotes for a change. I think the controller dispute is the least of our worries in ghosts, unless yesterdays update changed anything. After I did the update I didn't have to change my settings because I noticed no changes to how I have my settings, so maybe all you have to worry about is the people that do use wiimote AA, because as I said I don't and never have used it, so I can't tell you how strong it is..

T-boss

neither aimassist is strong this time around. DA has it but its not effective enough to take most good wiiremote players. this game did fine, yes no aimassist for wiiremote and weaker aimassist for DA would be good, but this time around i barely notice a difference now.

M4GNUM

Take AA off wiimote completely - it isn't needed.

Nerf AA on DA a bit - DA does need some AA.

There's your balance.

Southpawgamer

It's going to get hard if you remove AA on DA controller. I myself is not an expert on both controllers coming from PC which I typically used keyboard & mouse but I found the Wiimote much easier to control pointing your target. On the other hard, the Analog stick on DA controller is hard to point your target. Removing the AA on DA controller will give Wiimote users bigger advantage. It's just not fair. The Wiimote should also have an AA. There's seems to be a slight delay of cursor movement on Wiimote. That delay can be a disadvantage.

M4GNUM

This delay you're speaking of - is it something you noticed from launch or just lately? I didn't see it at launch, but have been seeing it lately.

Southpawgamer

I'm not really an expert on Wiimote but I just thought that the delay I've noticed is normal for a motion controller just like it's normal on a keyboard/mouse converter on Wii U to get a millisecond delay. I cannot duplicate a movement similar to a presentation IR pointer cursor movement or a mouse cursor movement on PC. It could be the settings I made, who knows. I was experimenting with my new game capture device yesterday & I got a Youtube video showing my Wiimote use on Ghosts. In the video I was aiming on a  teammate but it's hard for me to get my aim because of the millisecond delay. Watch it on HD cuz it's a lot clearer.

like2nap03

Southpawgamer wrote:

I'm not really an expert on Wiimote but I just thought that the delay I've noticed is normal for a motion controller just like it's normal on a keyboard/mouse converter on Wii U to get a millisecond delay. I cannot duplicate a movement similar to a presentation IR pointer cursor movement or a mouse cursor movement on PC. It could be the settings I made, who knows. I was experimenting with my new game capture device yesterday & I got a Youtube video showing my Wiimote use on Ghosts. In the video I was aiming on a  teammate but it's hard for me to get my aim because of the millisecond delay. Watch it on HD cuz it's a lot clearer.

Ok.  I'll reply to this one.  What are your cursor speed and cursor sensitivity settings? A delay typically means that one or both of those settings are low and that's quite normal.  If your settings are very high, and you still have a delay, then that is a problem. 

like2nap03

M4GNUM wrote:

This delay you're speaking of - is it something you noticed from launch or just lately? I didn't see it at launch, but have been seeing it lately.

But if you're having a delay, well, that kind of bothers me. I wish I could try this out.  Wii U is packed up though.  I'll be in a new house tomorrow.  Not sure where "unpacking the video games" is on my wife's priority list, but I'll get it going by Saturday or Sunday.

LastShadowCOD
    What's the right "business" decision for Activision to make?   Alienate a bigger DA fanbase or the smaller Mote fanbase?  If there's a security issue with motes I hope they fix it quickly and get it working properly again. But I understand the decision not to nerf DA as well. It just sucks for us.
    Southpawgamer

It doesn't look like DA has aim assist too. At least that's what I've noticed earlier playing Ghosts online.

Bergoo

I wiimote snipe, with no AA. I also have found the "sweet-spot" of settings for my wiimote. In my opinion i have a better advantage than DA users....I'm fast, smooth and accurate. My recommendation to you is,  fix your settings!

RawJustice

That is false. No matter how good your wiimote settings are, when you reg scope QS with a wiimote VS reg scope QS with a DA controller, you will lose almost all the time. DA's can black scope, once there cursor is on you, they dont even have to fully aim in to get the kill. The AA does the work. You can't do that with a wiimote, unless you get lucky. Me and my friend calamari tried this on BO2. And when I QS him/Black scoped I had to fully aim in to get the kill. If I hit a black scope it was 1 out of 20. When he did it to me, with his CCP, I watched the killcam, and his scope barely even zoomed in.

WiimotesRus02

RawJustice wrote:

DA's can black scope, once there cursor is on you, they dont even have to fully aim in to get the kill.

This is false. I've watched my son regular snipe with the gamepad, he scopes like a regular sniper, and if he's not on target by any margin, he misses. I asked him to try it out on wiimote and he's just as good, only difference is he now doesn't like using the wiimote because he's been playing xbox for two years. He doesn't even feel any AA pull or snap on or anything with the gamepad. He say's the only difference is with long shots, you don't have to hold it steady like you do with a wiimote. If he's on sight with a player across the map, and that player is shooting at him, he can move behind a wall, and move back again without  having to re adjust, unless you move the sticks it stays on target, with a mote, it takes longer because you always have to put the sights back on the target..

RawJustice

That's not entirely false. I agree on some points but of course there's never any snap with the DA's. It's the TUG. I've used it myself, and had my friend use his CCP in custom games. Aside from myself and my friend testing this out, have you seen Wii U montages on BO2? Players blackscope just as they have their cursor on an enemy. Not all hits are this easy, but if your QS at close range even medium, it happens. Unless you want to purposely be precise and aim for a headshot of some sort. I've seen the killcams, and witnessed it several times. It's not something a wiimote can do at ease like the CCP can. It's very lucky as I have tried with wiimote.

Padiego

FAIR?!?! That's it. This whole master race mentality has to stop. I thought it was ajoke, I played along, but it seems that a lot of wiimoters actually think they are the master race. DA NEEDS AA. WIIMOTE DOESN'T. Heck, if you're A TRUE WIIMOTER, YOU HAVE AA TURNED OFF, BECAUSE THERE'S NO POINT TO IT. If anything, DA AA needs a BUFF! I was playing with the gamepad a few days ago and I couldn't hit sht. It wasn't lag or just extremely good players, the AA was simply too weak. I switch controllers,BOOM, helo pilot.  In bo2, I can do just as well,if not better, with DA than wiimote. In this game...lul.