1 2 3 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2014 3:52 PM by darkendrage RSS

Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?

Izjar11

COD,

I enjoy this game (allot) its fun, entertaining, difficult, chaotic and better than previous titles. I want everyone who reads this to understand that.

Now, the more I read and debate with those who feel differently two words are always thrown into the same sentence: Lag and camping.

Is it coincidence that the players who do not like the game, complain about lag and camping at the same time? I mean its curious, almost every response you read or get its, I hate it because of lag or camping.

This is not new, of course but until now I'm realizing they focus on those two words.

So my question: What is the relation between the two? Why do the "un-happy" players defend their threads, posts by stating the two?

Is this the norm or an excuse?

• 1. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    _TangoDown

In my opinion its easier to kill the campers if there is not lag(much), like there is now.

E: Sry,noticed it is the PS forum. I play on PC but maybe its the same on PS?

• 2. Re: Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Izjar11

True, this game is giving me some of the best connections I have seen since Modern Warfare near flawless.

• 3. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    phxs72

It's a bit of a cause and effect scenario.  If people think that they are lagging then they will camp to offset the lag.  With TTKs being so low in Ghosts, many people are confusing lag with good hit detection.  Regardless they feel the need to camp.  Also the map design being as complicated as it is lends itself to camping primarily out of the fear of not knowing how to control the lines of sight.  Something that my complete disregard for stats early on has taught me how to deal with in rather short order.  I'm actually working on a CQC character build now that I've prestiged my AR build and I'm not having any trouble RnGing on these maps.  My only issue at the moment is that I could use a few more squad points to get everything lined out exactly like I want it but that will come in time.

• 4. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    TheBeastlyDude

LOL Preach on!

I believe those 2 have become the de facto excuse for anything bad happening in any COD game. You can't get into any game without someone blaming campers or lag for their reasons for losing and because almost everyone does it, when you get killed, just say it was lag or a camper and you are excused.

With this game though, based on what I believe is happening, is that as long as you have a good connection, you will have a good day. Those who are having a legit problem with lag in this game probably have connections that are not optimal, whether due to a bad set up or location.

As far as camping goes, I have always called camping those who sit in corners ADSing. For the most part, due to the wide openness of the maps and multiple paths, camping is no longer a viable option for doing good. I do not call camping holding down one building as most buildings have multiple paths to get inside. If you are going down the same route to get in the building multiple times and the enemy sat there taking you out over and over, I blame you.

What the complainers fail to realize is that there are multiple reasons for someone to take cover, such as hearing you coming, reloading, changing classes, etc. So they end up killed by the "camper" and since they view their "mad skillz" as perfection, there is no way they could have been outsmarted by some "stoopid camper".

• 5. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    JST2FST

Reality !

• 6. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Megadog14

I think its because they're not doing well at the game so they blame it on forces out of their control. Yeah, they went 3 and 15... but they were lagging and everyone else was camping, so its not their fault.

• 7. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

i actually love the game!, but I do notice a fair amount of campers.. I am thinking it is because people do not know the maps and knwo how to predict enemy movement yet, but it can be frustrating.. i think the maps a great, as long as everyone is moving, and when everyone is, its a very fun experience

• 8. Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    NaTuReS_FrEaK

when players do bad they look for excuses so no one laughs at them and using these two words has become a norm

i went bad cause they were camping with IEDs and IMSs

Don't think your good you MEX i was lagging

and so on so forth..........

• 9. Re: Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?
    Izjar11

If people think that they are lagging then they will camp to offset the lag.  With TTKs being so low in Ghosts, many people are confusing lag with good hit detection.  Regardless they feel the need to camp.

And that's what I thought as well, but they are complaining about those who camp, and when that is not good enough they its lag then. I hardly read them say " I camp because I was lagging and now I hate the game" that is rare for anyone to say, I do that and promote that actually.

1 2 3 Previous Next