35 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2013 7:06 AM by dtuchpunk RSS

MOAB/NUKE IN COD GHOSTS

priestlyblock67

Im sure that they will add something like that.

The Kinectic Orbital Strike is rumored to be the new "boss" killstreak this time. Since tungsten is used to make it and all that kind of stuff....You can google it if you want more info.

In my personal opinion it should be like the NUKE from MW2, but it is a 25 gunstreak this time, so kills earned from killstreaks don´t count.

If it is like a MOAB, IT MUST freeze both match time countdown and score(unlike the MOAB). There shouldn´t be a way to survive it(Killing yourself with 1 second left to the explosion)

What you guys think? You prefer the MOAB, the NUKE, my version of an NUKE, or nothing(you prefer to not having these things in the game)?

What you guys think about the Kinectic Orbital Strike(KOS)?

• Re: MOAB/NUKE IN COD GHOSTS
    NoLifeKing29

I prefer to not have it at all.

Voraghost

I think anybody who prefers the nuke out of the game are the people who cannot acheive a 25 killstreak. The nuke is an awesome feature in any game because it gives you something to aim for. I also believe the nuke should end the game like on MW2. Yea im pretty bad ass at Ghosts and having a nuke as a 25 gun kill streak is not easy to attain so when someone gets that high of a killstreak I believe they should be awarded. No nuke = BO2 and BO2 = nothing to strive for and complete boringness.

kastro187420

I don't think there should be one. I don't have anything against the idea in general, I just dislike what happens to players. They end up playing trying to get one, even if it means costing their team a win. I'd much prefer people be focused on the objectives rather than Kill Streaks.

If there has to be one, it shouldn't be game-ending, but at the same time, there should only be one per match that can be called in, and once it's called, it's done for the match and no more can be called in. I feel like that would balance it a little bit so that you don't get entire parties trying to get them through douchey tactics like Spawn Killing.

I also think there should be more requirements:

1) Minimum of 25 Kills with a Gun/knife/grenade

2) Must kill at least 6 different people (5 in FFA) on the enemy team (so 25 kills with only killing 3 or 4 different players won't count). This should reduce the amount of camping and boosting for them since it will require the player to go out and kill the remaining players.

I feel like that would be the best way to balance it out, so that people really have to earn it this time around.

alexjt22

I personally am torn whether bringing back MOAB/Nuke or orbital strike is good for the game, on one hand it felt good getting moabs and you always had something to aim for each game everyday but on the other hand it brought a lot of bad stuff with it even good players choosing to camp on head glitches sitting on portable radars not playing the objective instead of moving round the map getting alot of kills and winning the game as well as the abusing of team mates (asking them to use portable radar, recon, UAV and ballistic vests) and also arguments it creates when someone has cost someone a MOAB it hard to say that stuff is good for the game.

I personally prefered what treyarch done with the nuclear medal where its something that you don't go out every game to get but when you find yourself on a 20 gun streak you think oh i may as well try and get a nuclear now but i rarely see people camping and playing cheap just to try and get a nuclear title in BO2 and thats the way i would like it to stay.

dtuchpunk

None of them. It was a big mistake putting the nuke and moab in.

rankismet

For the love of God, no.

Just no.

maccabi

nuke and then the moab were fun features that completely ruined both iw's last two mp outings imo

i really dont want to see anything like these added again.

priestlyblock67

The NUKEs and MOABs are awesome. It something that you aim to get every match, and keeps the game alive and fresh. I still play MW3, but BO2 its too boring and terrible.

BO1 is awesome too, because the streaks only support you and they were easy to get. The main focus of the game was the objective, that´s why capture the flag was so awesome

BO2 is like MW3 with no MOAB/NUKE, that´s why it suck.

TL_Bare_B_V2

I hope they leave these out.

t.h.flame

No Nuke or MOAB.  They are really annoying.

"Oh look, my airstrike gave me the kills for a chopper gunner, which gave me the kills for a nuke, and all I had to do was get 7 kills." 

Fireman0025

NO, just no. it compleatly ruins the point of the game. it would be one thing if it was just a reward for playing well (not that i am for that either, as doing well is its own reward). Instead people ignore the objectives. With the game ending streaks it is just a way to cheat the system. example "oh we cant cap any flags, but instead we will just have one player sit way back, rack up kills, and we will win the game anyway"

It should be a 25 gunstreak thatis called in automatically at the end of the game.  If the person whose team is losing calls it in, the game ends in a tie. If his team is winning, they retain the win.  Nukes on both teams cancel each other out.  And there should be an accolade to keep track of the # called in.

ghamorra

I find them fun but not necessary

Im_not_BukLau

I hope there isn't a nuke/MOAB, imo it's just a stupid gimmick that adds nothing to the game.

slickgod

YES YES YES, There should be a moab or nuke killstreak most of the people that are crying about how they don't want one are not good enough to get one... To say that it ruined call of duty is outrageous. I only played call of duty black ops 2 for a little bit because there high kill streak was not a rush to get. when your 2 kills away from getting a moab it gives you a rush. makes the game more exciting.

Regardless if we all post no or we all post yes they will have something like the moab they always have.

adw1983

" Not good enough to get one."

"Not good enough at the Get a Nuke Minigame" -- perhaps, the minigame that goes as follows:

Move from headglitch position to headglitch position and abuse the lagcomp by strafing into positions in order to get a drop on enemies entering the domain you control, and keep doing this for ~4 minutes, ignoring any and all objectives while doing so, preferably with the aid of a teammate or two thinning out the enemies on their way to you and feeding you intel.

Bradley2000

I Don't mind the idea of a nuke like streak but you get people who spawn trap and play in huge party's and it ain't fair but this new streak can only be obtained through field orders on certain maps what I'm looking forward to is the last assualt streak and the oracle systems

surridge1990

Definitely NO, its not the actual streak that is the problem its how players go about getting them that causes problems in a game.

If a player was to run around and get 25 gun/knife/lethal kills then fair play to him/her, but there are more than a few who do nothing but boost/glitch/spawn trap to get them.

If they could only be called in on certain maps by completing field orders "KEM Strike" then i wouldnt have an issue aslong as the field orders were fairly challenging (Kill 2 enemies while prone i think i saw on one of the reveals, thats just too easy) but im not a fan of having an actual kill/point streak version.

Or if they're planning on putting a poinstreak version of it in the game make it so its the only streak you can have on that class/soldier, if you have Nuke selected as a streak you cannot pick any other streaks to go with it.

T-boss

1 answer. NO!!!!!

if i do hear about a nuke andn similar then the chances of me buying this game drop to near 0.

trialstardragon

Nothing. there never should have been the nuke. No game ending kill streaks ever in the game.

genki.sudo

1. Having whole-enemy-team-killing killstreak (ghosts) just available for doing some silly in-game task is BAD IDEA.

2. Having NUKE (mw2) which can be get by sitting in corner of map and waiting  for your killstreaks do kills for you is a BAD IDEA. (Tho I loved nukes in mw2 )

3. Having very hard killstreak which can be done by weapon only and then get silly badge for that is A BAD IDEA. (bo2)

4. The only good idea was MOAB in mw3.. Good player MUST be rewarded in-game for getting big killstreak with gun only.

The best solution for me would be MW2-LIKE NUKE achievable by MW3/BO2 conditions (the harder way).