11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2013 12:14 AM by CAL619GUY RSS

My WiiMote Settings Screwed Up By New Patch?

CAL619GUY

What has happened!? Today I finally received my Wii U from repair and I decided to play Ghosts... I downloaded the patch and my Wii remote settings were ruined! I noticed that some of my remote settings were resetted and others were untouched. Now I can't get my settings right just how they were before the patch. My Wii remote aim now feels awkward and out of sync? It's hard to explain... I know aim assist was disabled for Wii Remote. This has nothing to do with what i'm now experiencing. Why were my Wii remote settings screwed up with the new patch? I don't understand? Thanks to the patch, I now play like a total scrub. I totally lost my perfect Wii remote settings. I'm a Wii remote only player. This is very frustrating. Why did they had to change the Wii remote settings for Ghosts?! They were perfect before!! WHAT'S GOING ON?!

• Re: My WiiMote Settings Screwed Up By New Patch?
    WiimotesRus02

Its safe to say there is alot of people erm, miffed about the patch and the wiimote, is it possible that your consloe was reset while being repaired? Just curious, why did it have to be repaired so fast, what was wrong with it?

CAL619GUY

All my game saves and Black Ops 2 Wii remote settings are still the same. Only some of my Ghosts settings were changed to default thanks to the patch. I went back to Black Ops 2 to copy my settings to Ghosts but my WiiMote aim still feels very wonky and unnatural. I even tried to tweak the settings but so far I can't find anything to what I had previously. Anyways, I sent my Wii U to repair because my Wii U was damaging my CoD games. The disk drive was chipping the paint off from the front painted side of the disks. Sadly I got my Wii U back today in a horrible condition from the repair shop. They scratched all my Wii U's black glossy finish. Now i'm waiting for a rep from "Nintendo administration" to call me back so we can work on an agreement. I'm having such a horrible day, lol!

WiimotesRus02

That actually sucks and I hope you get the situation resolved with nintendo, doesn't sound like they handled your U with much care. I haven't read what they did to all the settings, but had some read out to me while we were playing the other night while one of my team mates had his laptop on, all I know is some things has had sensitvity speeded up, but like you, I don't know why you can't put them back to how it was, because mine didn't change at all after the patch, which tells me that its still the same where they were. I can understand your frustration. Also, just for future ref, Ilay my U flat, not on its side, that makes in run quieter and leaves the vents fully open, try that in future, that way the disk runs flat too and would lessen the chances of the disk getting scratched, maybe. Good luck anyway..

Ryumaou

CAL619GUY wrote:

Why did they had to change the Wii remote settings for Ghosts?! They were perfect before!! WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Some of my allies also noticed a change in their controls. For me they felt exactly the same like before.

In the menu it changed like this:

• Camera Speed: changed from 40 to 19 (which seems correct because they doubled the speed). I increased the speed to 30 which feels better than ever
    • Camera Sensitivity for ADS: I think the value of this new setting carried over from the value of the normal Camera Sensitity. I just slightly optimised it which (together with the new option to change the mantling-button) now results in the best FPS Wiimote controls I have ever experienced.

If they take out the unnessessary ADS sway (with wiimote you already have to control natural sway) there is not a single tiny thing for me that differs from perfection with these controls. I totally love it.

Whack-a-newbie

For me it's not just aiming, but even running around the map. Motion seems "robotic" for lack of a more descriptive term. My settings haven't changed (I checked), but the motion control is... uncontrollable. And the climb function is broke as heck. Windows and walls I could easily pass through/over before the update I now sit there and stare at them pressing every combination of controls waiting for action.

I'm all for disabling AA if that's necessary to eliminate an exploit, but everything else went to crap at the same time.

Goodtwin

We noticed that last night.  I was checking my settings because things felt off since the patch, and to my surprise my camera speeds were changed from 40 to 20.  When I switched them back to 40...holy crap it was fast.  We figured out that max turn speed was way higher.  I have typically maxed out my turn speeds and used the camera sensitivity to dial it in, but now the turn speed at max is just blazing fast, so I have settled on 30 for the turn speed and 15 for camera sensitivity.  The controls are still good, just more flexibility with how much you can tune them.   

RawJustice

Dude, calm down. Take a deep breath xD
    The settings f***** my **** up too, but once you tweak it. It feels better than before. MUCH BETTER. I'm making a video on the new settings in a few days if anyone is interested. I think my settings now work like a charm   RawJustice2

CAL619GUY

After hours of trial and error, I finally found new Wii remote settings that actually work for me. I'M BACK BABY!!!