38 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2013 5:49 AM by SolidWater RSS

Worst spawns, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou_Dogg

I'm sorry but IW knew the spawns were horrendous, yet they still kept it. I get spawn killed at least 4 times every game. It's getting old fast and it pisses me of to no end! Seriously, why isn't there at least a 5 sec. spawn protection? Then the spawn campers would get a dose of there own medicine. I've even seen people putting I.E.D's down after they spawn and getting a spawn kill, it's garbage.  Nobody likes getting spawn killed and this game, by far, has the worst spawning I have ever seen, period. Implement a 5 sec. spawn protection and all is fixed, that simple. Make your dedicated players happy. Honestly IW, you can't afford to lose any more players. This title is the first in history to lose almost half it's sales in a week. Corporate offices are no longer allowing Ghost to be returned/exchanged, ANYHWHERE. I don't know about you, but that really doesn't say much about this game. Please, just fix the god awful spawns, it will tremendously help this game.

• Re: Worst spawns, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    starbuckfrack

This game doesnt have "safety spawns" . A simple search would have helped you with that.

What makes it real funny for me is I have been on the COD forums for at least 5 years. No matter if they patch the spawns or not people just cant adapt to the game.

5 years of the lobbies full of spawn complaints is enough. Adapt already .

At least a week has gone by with the game. Yet I STILL havent been spawn killed.

Pkerjock123

" At least a week has gone by with the game. Yet I STILL havent been spawn killed. "

Really? You're the lucky kind. I'm the type of player that has done spawn traps since CoD 5 days. Already in Ghosts KC I know a spot on almost ALL the maps where I can stare at a spawn point and people will spawn there. If I run in a 4 - 6 man, we can lock down spawns getting over 60 kills a game each. Spawns in this game are so bad for the map sizes.

Look at Stonehaven. Such a BIG map with open areas. The 2 spawns are basically the 2 you start in. Spawn, run forward about 20 steps, sit behind a wall and wait for people to spawn, run past you and kill them. Spawns are awful, there's no justifying it.

filthy3627

Play 3 games of FFA and watch the spawns. The game will literally start the games opening spawn with a player 10 ft. to one side or the other. This is especially bad on Strikezone, Overload, and Warhawk. Now I am a FFA veteran, however, In all the Cod's I have played, I have never seen this. I literally spawned inside someone 2 or 3 times, as in I spawned and it seemed glitchy, I took a step to the side and was next to an enemy as if I just stepped out of him. Big maps, small maps, this should not be happening. Be lucky it has not happened to you.

rankismet

starbuckfrack wrote:

This game doesnt have "safety spawns" . A simple search would have helped you with that.

What makes it real funny for me is I have been on the COD forums for at least 5 years. No matter if they patch the spawns or not people just cant adapt to the game.

5 years of the lobbies full of spawn complaints is enough. Adapt already .

At least a week has gone by with the game. Yet I STILL havent been spawn killed.

On certain maps, like Stonehaven, the spawns can simply be horrific when controlling a side of the map.

Kandagawa

Congratulations. You haven't seen the problem. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and it doesn't alleviate how often it happens by burying your head in the sand.

The fact that you've seen these complaints for five years is more telling of how incompetent the developers are than anything.

Ragingscorgams

How the hell do you adapt to spawning in front of enemies and getting instantly killed by them?  How do you adapt to people spawning literally right behind you and shooting you?  Are you telling me to adapt to a company not giving a rats ass about anything besides money?  BO had terrible spawns but Treyarch fixed them.  How can it be so hard for IW to fix their problems?  Honestly, you are going to tell me that getting spawn killed on Stonehaven, one of the biggest maps, is okay and I just need to adapt?  Are you stupid or just blinded by your love for the title?

Its a problem that can be fixed.  You just have to have a company that is willing to fix their problems not just make money by selling ****.  With all these new shooters coming out COD is going to die quickly with they lack of support in their games.

Ovrlord

You haven't proved anything by saying that you don't get spawn killed yourself. Just because it doesn't happen to you does not automatically mean that other people will experience the same thing. Saying adapt over and over is not helping your case either when there is a clear issue in the game. I can only laugh when people blurt out "adapt" every time someone presents an issue. I honestly cannot believe that people would say that word over and over again to justify a problem. It's getting old, and it only makes you look foolish when it's a legitimate case.

lpulsie

then u r lucky... today i was killed 6 times before i went ten seconds either way i spwned... 3 times before i even saw where i was spawning... yep all i got was a flash... n how i broke the cycle was watched the kill cam of the guy above leaning over the rail aiming straight on down at me....  my adaptation will be don't waste my cash on something that annoys me... perhaps that's what we all should do... stop buying for our kids n grand kids these games and hope the company can adapt to the loss of cash

Bielsalmighty

To be fair SBF, at least once a night I've seen people spawn in on my screen. I've had instances where I'm pretty sure I've been on the other end of that too...

Adam1234567893

Damn your lucky I get spawned killed all the time on ALL game modes except the Search game modes of course all I know is these spawns were clearly not for these maps and need to be revamped because I like big maps and I want them to keep them.

SolidWater

It's pretty bad in this game, i agree. Stonehaven which is ironically a large map where it should be impossible for one team  to fully dominate due to the hills, houses and walls; has fixed spawns. Literally suffered from having a  beaten a player but the player spawns in the broken stone ruin building northern right point of the map and i'm just literally 20 steps away to get hit in the back. So does Freight have horrible spawns and Warhawk. It really is a server issue, because a better server programmed to handle this would have the capability to ping player locations, detect where players are facing and spawn you in a safe spot clearly away from imminent danger. It's not fair to spawn trap or spawn and automatically get the chance to instantly kill another player. Games like Battlefield try to protect players by laying boundaries and spawning players in places where if they even got spawn trapped, they have the opportunity to defend themselves and break the trap due to helpful map features and just the size of the map. 

r33k

lets just say you can easily violate the 2/3rds rule in domination.

stonehaven, if you are unlucky to end up with only B is just laughable. hey everbody, lets spawn inside the castle and everyone can sit outside the castle and pick em off with an L115. all..day...long.

lpulsie

i don't and refuse to spawn kill n if my team mates are doing it... i do everything i can to flash even my own guys or through smoke down... because it's just not fair to the others... jest my opinion... but i've been in stonehaven hell far too many times and usually end up with 2 people on my team due to spawn killers... it's retarded and i try to avoid this map at all costs if i'm not with others i know won't leave

Dicemann

The same was said in BLOPS, MW3, BLOPS2....The cycle continues.

Quit dying so much, and you'll not get spawn killed....

Do you complain when you get the jump on a freshly spawned player?.......

Thought not.

LargeLentils

For sure. People need to use their brains before running around all crazy- and they will live longer.

SolidWater

Pretty vague and selfish reply there. This forum is to address these problems and maybe sp,e people are being too complacent with the issue like you are which is why they continue because the companies don't feel like the consumers are addressing them too much. if the same was said with the other game I doubt it was as bad as this game me having played every gamemode in every game you just mentioned and having played days worth of gamehours never seen a spawn problem as bad as Ghosts among other things. Some players like yourself act complacent about issues with the game without regarding the fact why players get in such a great uproar on social websites and blogs is because the dominating fact is this game has some really embarrassing and despicable developer and programmer issues that make complaints from other games not seem that bad. Besides your reply seeming more personal and somewhat immature justifying that you have no contribution to even attempt to fix the problem because you said it yourself  "The same was said in BLOPS, MW3, BLOPS2....The cycle continues." and while this official website gives you the opportunity to express your problems you just seem at ease with it or maybe even like it which retards the solution to the problem.

LargeLentils

I agree OP the spawns are rubbish.

Sega Deth Genesis
    To the OP, forget about the lack of spawn protection, how about the retardation of spawning in FRONT of enemies.  Just last night I literally spawned into a crossfire from an enemy into a teammate, thus giving the guy a double kill.  Today, I spawned in front of a maniac, watched for a brief second as he knifed my teammate and then commenced to knifing me before I could even squeeze of a third shot (not that it matters b/c Maniacs and Dogs are ridiculously over powered, but those are other issues).  I also spawned, and took two steps into an IED too.  It's garbage!  IW, if you ever bother to read this forum post, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for this deplorable programming oversight.    This comes from an avid fan of MW3, which I still play to this day.  And to think I was actually excited to play this game.  Biggest waste of $60 since Dead Island 2.
    munson0926

Spawns suck getting to the point I want to throw the game away. I thought black ops II was bad but you guys take the cake. You should make it to where the player picks where he or she wants to apawn, then there would be no way to complain about it. Kind of funny you spawn and look left or right and you can get a free kill. Even funnier when you watch the enemy spawn right in front of you.Then there is the bull **** gun damage on top of that. Would run around a corner and get shot with a SMG with one bullet in the leg and die. It takes me at least 5 bullets if not more in standard game plays. Infinity Ward you suck. Saddens me to say because of the smooth game play and the wonderful maps but man, fix the bull ****.  Treyarc is the stuff watch your back IW you might get stabbed in it.........

Moraydeath

im torn, i like it when i have 6 people spawn in front of me then i can kill all of them in one spray... but i dont like it when they spawn  behind me with there gun at my head.

scolia5044

It's not that they are bad some maps are just too big for 6-6    #BRINGBACKGW

MikeManiac61

I don't think they can bring back Ground War with the current gen consoles

Ovrlord

I have seen people spawn in my line of sight. I have spawned behind someone. I have been killed as soon as I spawned. I get shot in the back almost every time I shoot someone. Saying the spawns are bad is an understatement. It's a travesty.

I don't want to even imagine what it would be like if Ground War was added to the game. I'm certain that with 9v9 game modes, you'll see how much IW has f'ed up the spawns.

syzygy

^ This. I can laugh along with it (stats don't matter and all that...) but it is pretty ridiculous that on these "huge" maps people do continually spawn around / behind you. My record so far is 12 deaths in a row without being able to move more than 1 step or lasting more than 2 seconds. My wife thought it was hilarious  - "you're not very good - are you supposed to be dying continuously like that?" - err... How do people suggest you "adapt" to that?

I've also had the opposite occur when I've been ADS shooting someone and have actually seen someone spawn a couple of feet from the person I'm shooting. I've also seen people spawn directly in front of me. This should NEVER happen IMO.

This is the only game breaking issue in my opinion. Ghosts has the potential to be one of the best CODs - the connection is pretty decent for me, I like the fact that streaks are not overpowered, the TTK seems fine (I play hardcore 90+% of the time anyway...) and I like the maps for the most part.

In my experience it's extremely common to get 4-6 of these events (ie. die, spawn and die IMMEDIATELY either because you spawn 2 feet in front of someone or on an IED or behind a teammate who's in the process of being shot etc. etc.) in a single match. Anyone who says they have NEVER seen this is flat out deluded or should definitely do the lottery this weekend...

Bielsalmighty

Spawn protection is a horrendous idea. Sorry but when people are spawning near to enemies, neither deserves to die as a result. Its BS either way, but fairer to give neither player an advantage.

FishyDizzle

Im not even joking today on strikezone i spawned into a guy hardscoping my spawn spot just waiting.

AllG00DThings

You would think that after this much time developing COD games, IW would get some idea how to improve their spawning system.  Its really not that complicated to spawn someone in safty.  No one wants to spawn, walk two feet and die.  Nore does anyone want the enemy to spawn almost within knife range of you.  The spawn system is a joke and it only shows how bad the studio(s) are at iterating improvement.

We should hold the studio(s) accountable for their lack of improvement.  But we dont.  We just continue buying the same stuff year after year.  So its no wonder they just copy and paste.

DingoDC

I had a TDM match on Freight the other night where I spawned right along with 3 of the other team.  We all took 2 steps and realized which kid didn't belong and I lost in a hail of bullets.  How is that possible?  I too have spawned in someone's sights.  It's supremely frustrating.

People will say it doesn't happen to them or get better situational awareness, blah blah blah.  It happens.  Every match I play with a full squad from a friendly clan we all have it happen to us.  I can echo the guy above who said that I have spawned literally inside someone.   That was fun.  How can I get knifed immediately after spawning?  Or better yet, spawning with an enemy tank dog next to me.  Good times.

dajohn

worst game ever. f*cked spans. terrible lag.

Adam1234567893

YES YELLING WORKS WHICH IS WHY WE SHOULD YELL FOR EVERYTHING WE WANT CHANGED!!!!!!!!! But on a serious note change your title it's hard to take you seriously.

deve8tor

I literally spawned into an I.E.D, died, respawned to a new location and into another I.E.D. But wait, it gets better.

ON my third spawn i pop up right into the enemy's backyard were i get about a half a step and hear the thunk of an

I.M.S. Guess Im not adapting properly. Personally i thought it was pretty damn funny because i cant take this game

seriously, and tested it out myself. When you spawn drop an I.E.D. or an I.M.S and you will see just how broke it is.

Bubbakush

this works for grenades too spawned on about 4 which i still want know how i am this lucky 

SolidWater

I suffered from the same situations multiple times. On occasions I will spawn on a dropped weapon and the game will automatically have me pick up the weapon which is ridiculous. A prime example of Call of Duty Ghost spawn system being corrupted or improperly configured is in Search and Destroy; I will join a game and be spectating the game just to evaluate my teams skills and tactics so i can choose wither I want to play or not and the game will literally force spawn me with predetermined class that isn't mine, I do that so I wouldn't have to play game that are loss, that's my way of having a better time playing. Instead I'm being given a SC-2010 assault rifle with no attachment and a list of default strike packages instead of being kicked if i'm inactive which is preposterous which in the case when player "AFK" so to speak and remain inactive they should be kicked like any other game modes. In Call of Duty overall "AFK" is a major problem because whereas in Battlefield it is completely under control. If you spawn In Battlefield and remain inactive for 300 seconds you get kicked, like that it will lower the enemies chance of getting easy kills and also clear the spot for a player who is actually ready to play. So many obviously easy fixes not enough logical brains to make it happen it seems. It's not about funding or being time consuming, it's about workers not putting an effort to clear out easy issues that plague the game. Battlefield developers are always harder workers, more determined, more careful and of course very much creative than COD developers. They're paving the way to better and more enjoyable FPS multiplaying. If you even  see the details these people are adding to the game even after it's launch, maps where new and non-repeated features are being added to make it more dynamic it's incredible for today's age of video gaming.

MysticJon

Spawns have been bad in every CoD. Yes, they are much worse in Ghosts, but who honestly expected them to be good? They've never been good.