7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 7:12 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Does anyone else feel the same way? (Viewer Discretion Advised)

jmoss2011

So, to brief everybody else on my experience thus far, I decided to rent Ghosts in hope of it being a nice change of pace and something that would be somewhat enjoyable. As a call of duty player who has gotten every single call of duty since COD 3 and every single map pack since COD: WaW, I decided to wait out and not buy it this year and I'm not sure if I made the right decision.

I have a few questions that need answering. First I will start with the Bad, and eventually I will get to the Good.

1. Why did you get rid of Demolition, headquarters, capture the flag, hardcore search and destroy, and Ground War? I'm sure there are others that I did not mention, however, I am legitimately wondering, "What the **** happened?"

2. Why is there no stats in game in regards to your individual weapon proficiency? By that I mean how come you don't have individual stats for each weapon? I understand that there may be some legal business or something of the sort that prevents you from doing certain things that Treyarch does, but seriously?

3. Why does every map look so damn dark and eerie? I understand the dark undertone of the story and how it's semi apocalyptic, in a way. Yet, whenever I play multiplayer, I get bummed out. I want to see maps like carnival from MW2 that were just out there and random. But, this stuff?

Now we can get to the good stuff. I didn't have any good question, but these were just things that I enjoyed about the game.

1. I would like to congratulate you on a job well done, graphics and scenery wise. There are some absolutely spectacular scenes in game that are, needless to say, breathtaking. Granted, it is a game so there is only so much you can do, but compared to previous games, this was an awesome feature. I do also really enjoy the animated environments and such. If this is my experience on the 360 I can't wait to open up the xbox one version and shove that ***** in the console.

2. Customization, including perks, new weapons, equipment, killstreaks and everything in between is pretty awesome. I enjoy being able to mess with my squad and name them after "Feel Good" talk show hosts such as Dr. Phil and Oprah. Some may find it cheesy, but, I enjoyed this very much. The weapons are awesome. I really enjoyed the MW series and I will continue to play the ghosts series, I'm sure.

3. Squads. I thought this was brilliant. Definitely worth playing whenever multiplayer pulls a "go **** yourself" move and decides that you're not getting any kills this round. Definitely a new and rather creative way of going about leveling different classes and players. I thought this was awesome and I will definitely keep playing it.

So, there it is. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has seen things that clearly need to be addressed. But, I just wanted to ensure that my voice was heard, in a way. If any of you agree or disagree I'd love to know why. I don't want people to think I'm being too cynical or anything of the sort. I actually want to know if other people notice these things or if I'm just pissing in the wind.