1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2013 2:08 AM by WiimotesRus02 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    bughunt

I've been reading this side of the forums over time to get a feel for how the game performs, especially for people who have struggled with the same problems as I did with BO2.  Can't say that I'm impressed.

There are a good selection of things that I really like the look of with Ghosts.  But problems like these are the main reason why I deliberatly held off putting any money on the game for any platform.

It's not just limited to the Wii U, either.  I was watching my nephew playing Ghosts on the XBox 360.  Still no sign of dedicated servers since he got "Host Migration" with two matches.  The game performed better but there was still evident lag that caused so many problems.  He even got teleported back about 5 seconds and then died from...something.  No idea what.

He'll be insta-killed, be firing at point blank and getting nothing, etc.  There were also a couple of matches where it was almost as if half the enemy team were killing him from under the map.  If this is what it is like for a console that receives the treatment of royalty, then....yeah.

Dedicated servers won't make most of these problems magically vanish, either.  And I can't see any platform getting any until the XBox One have had them for a week or more.  Take a guess which platform will get them last, if at all.

I know how you feel about being done with CoD since I've been getting that feeling over the last week.  I won't be getting Ghosts if I continue to see these kinds of problems so I've had to stick with BO2.  But that is slowly going (deeper) down the toilet since even new players seem to be buying the game just to boost or grief other players.  Hell, they are that confident that support has been dropped that they are glitching into a building on Stand Off to boost.  The lower player base has only added to lag and good luck to anybody that ends up in a glitched lobby that was set up by a group of boosters using dialup.

• 61. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    Ronin2012

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Padiego wrote:

It's not the wiimote being bad in this game. If anything, the wiimote in ghosts is the best we've seen so far,

I really have to disagree with you here, because the wiimote is far from the best, unless you mean on the WiiU? It will never be the same as it was from W@W to MW3 while treyarch have anything to do with it. They really need a decent wiimoter to do their testing, not some wiimote part timer who grew up with DA's..

Im totally 100% with you on this one.

He must have a VERY good connection and others have very bad ones if he is getting a better experience in the newer games on wiiU with the mote.

I can hit people that are standing still and they turn and kill me in these wiiU versions.

I played w@w last night and probably averaged a kdr of around 10.

Played MWR for about 10 games, never had more than a red dot connection and was in the top 2 at worst.

I havent played any cod games on the wii/wiiU as little as the 2 most recent titles. I thought Blackflop2 was bad until i played this new one.    

• 62. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    nintendon't

WAW/MWR are straight up easy mode because of the way hit detection is in those games though. 9 times out of 10 your opponents don't even know how to lag shoot so it's like taking candy from a baby. I'm pretty average with the Wiimote and I can stack choppers/dogs in those games like it's nothing.

• 63. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    TyLeR

I'd say the wiimote settings (specifically the ADS settings) in w@w / MWR are the best out of any of the Wii / WiiU CoD's. Everything since has felt too jumpy when running about, and too slow/'floaty' when in ADS. Blops, MW3, Blops2 or Ghosts running on MWR Wiimote system would be perfect. I'd even take the lag shooting if it meant better controls, lol. Hit detection on Reflex is so much better than that of Blops/MW3 etc, ok there is lagshooting, but at least it's consistent...on Blops, for example, I could be shooting at somebody for a good second before the hits start to register. Same thing seems to be happening on Ghosts, albeit not so bad

• 64. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    Ronin2012

nintendon't wrote:

WAW/MWR are straight up easy mode because of the way hit detection is in those games though. 9 times out of 10 your opponents don't even know how to lag shoot so it's like taking candy from a baby. I'm pretty average with the Wiimote and I can stack choppers/dogs in those games like it's nothing.

come and have a few games with me and see if its still nothing

yes there are some pretty ordinary players but not all are as bad as you make out

not as many campers scared of damaging their precious kdr either

• 65. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    WiimotesRus02

Reflex, bo1 and mw3 ADS with wiimote were rock solid. WiiU is not the same..

• 66. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    Padiego

Universal healthcare, cute, pasty scottish women....damn it, I gotta move.

• 67. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    TyLeR

Hmm, maybe it's just me. I use Precision ADS on w@w and reflex so that could explain it ^.^ It's all personal preference really. But i agree that the WiiU wiimote isn't quite there yet.

• 68. Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...
    WiimotesRus02

There was a sway for a while in mw3 in ads like there is in ghosts right now, but they fixed something which cured it. I hope they manage it in this game too, because using sights makes it worse. I normally never use sights, I hate using sights, but with the bigger maps I've given in to the use of them..

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next