14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2013 8:24 PM by bughunt RSS

The asylum is overrun

bughunt

I knew it would happen but didn't think it would get this bad.  This kinda reminds me of how the cheating on the original Black Ops for the Wii blew up when MW3 was released.

It seems that all is left are the trolls that want to cause a problem and the boosters that want to pad their stats and claim challenges without any regard for other players.

It's obvious that you are busy with addressing the various problems that have been found with Ghosts and I am happy for you to get that sorted.  From what I've been reading on the other forum it looks like the team are on the ball big time with that and making solid progress, too.

But do you have a rough ETA of when you will be able to drop in here with a big bucket of bleach to do a clean up and maybe fix an exploit?

There are still players here that are wanting to squeeze what they can out of BO2 while they can, and others that can't get Ghosts yet, are not intending to purchase Ghosts, or are waiting to see how the new COD shapes up before commiting money to it.

Also, can you let me know if you got my PM, A_Trey_U?  It would be nice to know that you got the details of what I sent since it is somewhat important.

• Re: The asylum is overrun
    WiimotesRus02

I've read on miiverse that people are still buying new bo2 disks, so if they're still selling the game for real cash, then the only fair thing to do would be to clean up some profiles and do a spot of banning too, if they're taking money still, its only fair..

bughunt

This is utterly pathetic.

I've just ended up having to drop out of 3 seperate lobbies because everybody in each of them consisted of boosters who lag all over the place.  It wasn't just one or two groups either, it was the ENTIRE damn lobby.

Now, I know I am not the only one who is holding back on purchasing Ghosts.  I know there are others who are holding off on purchasing the game until various issues are fixed and improvements in performance and connection are seen.  Our only option is this game.

But what is the point when every lobby you join consists of boosters who will either troll you, kill you, stun you, etc, if you try to bust up their little corner humping arrangement?  It's all made worse when it is prearranged by retards with dialup who are abusing an exploit to populate lobbies for themselves and other corner-humping retards to boost from...

A_Trey_U, do you read this side of the forum anymore?

nintendon't

I still play BO2 and have not seen anything like what you're describing

bughunt

The 3 lobbies that I had to drop out of were in HCTDM.  It wasn't as bad tonight as I only ran into 1 split-screen booster who left.  I still got the odd troll, though.

I can't comment on any of the other game modes since the window of time where I can play means certain modes are deserted or I get crappy hosts.  So, I tend to just stick to HCTDM.  Maybe this is where all the boosters have gravitated to, I don't know.  But you should check the weekly leaderboard for HCTDM.  Last I checked there was a guy in the No.1 spot with a KDR of about 200+    Wonder how that is possible.

The lag during those 3 booster lobbies was some of the worse I've had to deal with.  Almost everybody had a 1 or 2 bar.  I have already passed on the specifics of what the deal is with this to A_Trey_U.  I'm really not getting my hopes up on it being sorted, though.

WiimotesRus02

nintendon't wrote:

I still play BO2 and have not seen anything like what you're describing

Maybe it was all a dream..

LastShadowCOD

BO2 runs like a dream compared to Ghosts.

I wish the only problems were a few laggy games and some boosters.

bughunt

It does look like BO2 runs far better for some people.  For a few it seems like the connection in Ghosts is an improvement.

I actually encountered a few people during a match lastnight who were talking about the how it was to play Ghosts and have come back to BO2 to wait for the Devs to sort things out.  From what I heard they liked the game but didn't like how they had to change their playstyle or have to deal with BS deaths.  The lag and BS deaths I understand but complaining about having to change playstyle seemed a little...picky.

Then they left before the match even ended because of being insta-killed around corners :/

LastShadowCOD

Yeah, I stopped playing Ghosts because of the issues, but definitely not because it hurt my "playing style" - LOL!

WiimotesRus02

bughunt wrote:

It does look like BO2 runs far better for some people.  For a few it seems like the connection in Ghosts is an improvement.

I got shafted in both games. That's progress for you. And to think of all the millions they make..

bughunt

I get the crap end of the stick 90% of the time in BO2.  Based on how your experience echoes mine I would guess that I would suffer the same problem with Ghosts.  Thankfully I haven't lost any money on the game.

It also looks like Ghosts has a lot more problems than I thought.  There are multiple "out of map" glitches and exploits that everybody is using.  There also seems to be a freeze-inducing glitch that people are able to cause at will, just like with the Riot Shield in MW3.  Factor in all the netcode problems, framerate issues, etc, and you have a game that really was in no merchantable state that people won't be buying if word gets out just how bad it is.  Especially if people keep shouting "Hax" and trying to make others believe that cheating exists on the Wii U.

To make matters worse BO2 is slowly sinking into crap.  Have you played any HCTDM on BO2 recently?  My first game I get comes with 6 people boosting.  They're even glitching into a building on Standoff and boosting there now.  We can't even fall back on BO2 due to everybody knowing that they are now free to run riot and abuse exploits, abuse glitches and boost...

A_Trey_U most likely has his hands full with trying to sort the mountain of problems with Ghosts so I can't see them paying any attention to BO2 anymore.  I really need to find a way to pass on some details to him regarding some nasty exploits for BO2 since PMs are pointless thanks to people spamming him about DLC and crap.

My hope is that he might throw a patch this way and do a clean up that makes BO2 a "haven" while they fix up Ghosts.  Not holding my breath, though.  But it's worth a try.

bughunt

I've seen it all now.

It's either new players who just got the game or players who have made new accounts, but I'm seeing some new names running to the nearest dark corner to do the nasty...  Who buys a game just to do this

Christmas just around the corner, too.  Hope it doesn't get worse.

sifo-dyas

It's awful. I'm not sure I'll ever buy anything from the franchise again. Treyarch, Activision, whomever ... it's really awful and it's a waste of my money to be robbed of enjoyment because some pathetic lowlife wants to feel awesome.