15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 11:54 PM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

AA

xBulletDodgerx

Sorry to make another thread but my AA does not work with wiimote. Please fix

• Re: AA
    Spacious_Fissure

Aim assist is back and has been back for a few days. It was removed to to fix the acog wii remote sniper snap on. Generally there isn't any AA that holds on target for WM anyway.

xBulletDodgerx

well it doesn't work for me it does not even slow down my curser when I try to shot someone it's just all over the place .plus you know I have great accuracy I'm rank higher than all my ally's when it comes accuracy . It needs to be fixed .i will be on ops2 till it gets fixed .

Spacious_Fissure

Wii remote never slowed down the cursor when aiming over some one because it didn't need that. I know for a fact it didn't do it on the wii version of BO1 and MW3 because there was no difference with it being on or off.

A_Trey_U

It's working the way it's meant to. 

bughunt

Always been a fan of HCTDM modes and I have to say I'm liking the sound of this.  Making HC modes truly Hardcore with no map, high damage, etc, just...oh yes.

Can you just shed a little light regarding AA, though?  Is Aim Assist/Target Assist present for any controller and at any level for all HC modes?

Removing AA/TA for the Wiimote for HC modes makes sense.  I'd understand Dual Analogs having a little slow down when aiming over an enemy since achieving precision can be difficult for the majority of users who choose that control scheme.  I'm not sure about lowering the threshold in comparison to core modes but I'd be in favor of that, considering it is a Hardcore gamemode.

Padiego

Aim assist on wiimote never slowed down anything....it was a snapon, which is there....

RawJustice

Lol Bulletdodger the AA is there. Fix your settings trust me, I've tested this out more than anybody on these forums to make AA effective and found out the AA is more present according to your settings. I'd say fix your ADS reach. If the ADS Reach is around 20's- 30's the AA will be barely visible, only present when your screen is still and you ADS your cursor on the enemy. Low ADS Reach will make your wiimote feel like a CCP, except w/o the AA. When you turn with a low ADS Reach, the whole screen moves just like a DA controller. So Increase your ADS Reach to 40 or High 30's. You will feel the ADS Snap more visible there. Ofc it's not like BO2 AA, so you can't snap around an enemy. Your cursor must be on the target for it to snap. AA is not as powerful on Ghosts as it was on BO2 for DA's and Wiimote, thankfully. If this still doesn't work, you're out of luck. But the AA is fixed, no need to add more.

WiimotesRus02

I wanted to try it out today for the first time ever, does AA work in hctdm? I couldn't notice any difference at all. I know its supposed to work in treyarch games, but what about this one. Thanks..

RawJustice

Cool. I literally just tried this out when I got this reply. And surprisingly, there is NO AA in HCTDM in public matches. From any distance there's none present. I took flank around the enemies and tried this multiple times, I put my cursor on their body, and nothing snapped at all. No AA present. Thats weird :3 maybe ATU team purposely did that since if you ADS snap in HCTDM it'll be an instant kill, being too powerful. Who knows...

Padiego

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't hardcore gamemodes always been free of AA?

Godotpwn

Only wiimote gets no AA in hardcore. DA gets full AA in hardcore modes (in BLOPS2 at least).

EDIT: Actually wiimote does still get AA in hardcore, the snap-on range is just SEVERELY reduced to the point of it basically not being there.

RawJustice

No, there's no AA at all with wiimote in HCTDM, I tested it several times at multiple ranges. No AA was present at all no matter how far or close you were. There's just 0 AA at any range.

nintendon't

You sure? Usually only Treyarch games have AA in HC.

RawJustice

Yeah but WIimoteruso wanted to know, so I tested it.

WiimotesRus02

Padiego wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't hardcore gamemodes always been free of AA?

I remember in Reflex when you went into HC mode it explains there is no AA very clearly. I've been told that IW games have it this way but the Blop games do. I wanted to try it out because of the sway you get while in ADS, which is exaggerated with a sight attachment, its a real pain. But like I said, I noticed nothing, that's why I asked. Thanks for doing the test RawJustice, appreciated