17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 10:01 AM by M4GNUM RSS

REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS

M4GNUM

* I have a very strong internet connection and my ping is between middle and low

* Live in the USA

* Longtime wiimote player, very accurate

* Only play hardcore

* I don't camp, but rather patrol, snipe or run/gun

* Comments below are not just my experience but that of many players I interact with

* Comments below are not only unfair to me if I see these issues and they don't...but also unfair to the opposing team if they see these issues and I don't - so it's not "all about me"

 

[1]  LAG

* Increasingly bad as the days progress - no longer excited to play this game - rage quitting games when I wouldn't normally - don't play as long as I normally do

* Run 10 feet beyond a corner, wall, or obstruction that bullets can't penetrate with no line of sight for the enemy, yet I still get killed around the corner as if they have magic curving bullets

* Enemies will be running at me as shown by their animation, yet I get killed as if they were hip firing or ADS - when in fact they weren't on my screen. Basically bullets are coming out of their gun without their gun in hip fire or ADS animation

* I can put a full clip into someone on my screen, yet on theirs they said I never fired a shot

* Constantly 500ms or more behind the enemy - I see them first, I shoot them first, but I die

* Bullets appear before the enemy does - as in bullets appear around corners before they do or bullets appear above a hill before they do. Their body appears to be running after the bullets are shot. On their screen, I'm sure I'm in plain sight to them - what I see is opposite

* Hit markers are not registering

* Getting 4 hit markers, but no kill in hardcore - in close range and enemy does not have a vest on

* I constantly shoot first, die first even if the same gun is used

* Enemy can run, raise their LMG to ADS and shoot me before I can raise an SMG and shoot even though I saw them first

* Enemy and I run past each other and I die even though their gun is pointed completely opposite of me

* Can't even run straight through a door sometimes - I go for it, but end up 3 feet back from where I was so I end up hitting the left and right of the door over and over instead of just running through the door

* Players teleport all over the place. I saw an enemy jump out a window and land on the ground, lag out to where he flew backwards and up to the window again...like someone recorded it and hit rewind. Happened about 3 times.

* I teleport all over the place - lagging out and teleporting to 3 different locations in a matter of seconds is not acceptable

* Enemy skips all over the place which makes sniping impossible

* Instakills happen like crazy

 

[2] GAME SELECTION

* Constantly put into matches with non-English speaking players/players from other continents. Wouldn't be a big deal, but their connection/ping kills the game play completely

* If I back out of a lobby due to the connection, it will just put me back into the same game over and over

* No connection indicator makes it so that I'm in games I normally wouldn't join or stay in

* No "search game by region" filter which is lumping me in with French, Brazilians, Guatemalans, Italians, Mexicans, or British where due to that regional distance, games are super laggy

 

[3] SPAWNS

* We constantly hear about how much they test these games, but somehow this didn't come up in their testing which I find ridiculous. I frequently get spawned in front of enemy players up to 5 times in a row.  Spawned within 2 feet of an IED. Or a dog. All over the map, so it's not a spawn-kill strategy they are using - it's a faulty game mechanic

 

[4] KNIFING

* Knifing from inches away from enemy results in me missing somehow, go to knife again and they turn around and shoot

* If me and an enemy are running into each other, he will initiate a knife, it will make him instantly turn 180 degrees at me and kill me even though I was a good 5 feet passed him

 

[5] VESTS

* If an enemy has one on, it takes a good 10+ bullets to kill them. If I have one on, I get killed in 1 or 2 bullets - doesn't matter if they have armor piercing bullets or not...doesn't matter which gun they are using

 

***

I don't know what happened. This game ran perfectly for 4 days, then it went to hell. Everything on my end is the same as it has been - nothings changed...so it's the game not me.

 

Developers have a vested interest in solving these issues if they want to sell more copies and keep people playing. Many read this forum prior to getting the game.

 

I love everything else besides the above issues. Love the maps, the graphics, the new additions, the old popular elements, weapons, wiimote controls...BUT none of that matters due to the above issues. I'd rather a game look like hell, but run good...than one that looks good, but runs like hell. Excitement for this game has turned to disappointment and I honestly wish I didn't feel that way.

  • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
    Blogi

    reply on 5

    Same here, also with my dog.

  • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
    BlackMetroid95

    Im sorry you feel this way M4GNUM. This game does have its issues, like the ones you stated, but its still a solid game, maybe you could realize this down the road.

    I hope you don't leave the forums though, your and barolb's posts are interesting and i like reading them. Very insightful stuff

    • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
      M4GNUM

      Thanks

       

      I made an attempt to make sure I did not come from an angle of frustration like blaming my skill or results on the game. Or that I was being a whiny crybaby. Neither is the case. I took the time to rationally list several valid points of issues I am seeing with the game and issues that will keep me from playing as much as I have been. It's just too frustrating

       

      I love the COD series - it's a lot of fun and it always amazes me what they come up with. I just wish they didn't rush launch before seeing these issues and spend money to animate dogs rather than having a MORE solid game by resolving issues like these that honestly come about with every COD.

      • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
        nintendon't

        You say that like everyone's having issues though.

         

        You ever stop and think maybe it's something on your end? I mean you're having lag issues on 2 games with netcode by different dev teams, you play HCTDM (a mode with 50-100 people tops), and the majority of the players across all platforms are reporting better connection. It's a bit shortsighted to say the devs didn't focus on making a solid game when you're one of the only few people having problems.

        • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
          M4GNUM

          Well...if you take note of the title, I said "I'll" not "everyone". I listed reasons why I won't be playing as much. I didn't say reasons why everyone will be playing less. I listed my personal reasons in the hopes that others who experience the same thing, might also speak up. Isn't that the point of these forums? Or should we just sit around and talk about how wrong we all are about the things we are seeing with the game since you don't see them so they must not exist? I did add some notes about other players that I have encountered that experience the same thing, in the exact same time frame I listed. I have also encountered several on this forum that experience the same thing. Does that mean "everyone"? Of course not. But enough have spoken to let me believe it isn't just me.

           

          The same dev team ported both games. And given the issues I listed, as I've said in many prior posts, this game does run better than BO2. Way better. But just because it's better, doesn't mean it's perfect. Just because it's better, doesn't mean people shouldn't speak up about issues they see.

           

          I could retort by saying, "Just because YOU aren't seeing any issues doesn't mean they don't exist." Couldn't I? So that's short-sided on your part, isn't it? You did the same thing on the last game - discounted other people having issues because you didn't see them so of course those issues didn't exist. That's quite a narcissistic viewpoint to have.

           

          I also said that the game was running perfectly, with no issues aside from a few wiimote problems that were fixed...for 6 days. About a week after launch is when I started seeing the issues I listed. There were no changes on my end to explain that so it couldn't be me. I started off strong with my KDR and it's dropped 0.40 since a week after launch with nothing but massive improvement in my gaming and map learning. I go negative more than positive due to the issues I listed. But of course, you're right...it's just me. Nothing I said really happens, I'm just crying because others are better than me (that was sarcasm). Nobody is complaining in-game about the lag or spawns. I just say that to rationalize my skill level. You caught me.

           

          I like the devs. I appreciate the devs. But no, I don't think they made a "solid" game. They made a great game...but not solid, not stable, with many issues that could have been resolved prior to launch. Like I've said before, I wish they launched a game every other year, instead of each year so they can concentrate on testing the game live, not on LAN, in order to sort out bugs instead of waiting to hear from their user base to test it and speak up. And they should employ a couple wiimote players with years of experience that can point out the issues with that control scheme. That's not to say we shouldn't exist and that's not to say they should be expected to be perfect...but what is launched could be way better with more dev time.

           

          I'm not sure where  you are getting your information, but players across all consoles are also complaining about lag and spawns. Just because you haven't seen that, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Again...a very narcissistic viewpoint to have. To add to that viewpoint, I am beginning to think you hope there aren't issues because if there are, that would mean you aren't as good as you think you are. You discount what others say because in your mind, your skill level is super MLG high and if it came to be that it was at the sacrifice of others having issues, you might not be as good as you think you are. Hmm...

          • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
            nintendon't

            M4GNUM wrote:

             

            To add to that viewpoint, I am beginning to think you hope there aren't issues because if there are, that would mean you aren't as good as you think you are. You discount what others say because in your mind, your skill level is super MLG high and if it came to be that it was at the sacrifice of others having issues, you might not be as good as you think you are. Hmm...

            lol I don't even care about that. COD isn't even that skill based at all compared to other shooters. Me thinking I'm "super MLG" at COD would be like me thinking I'm super skilled at Mario Kart.

          • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
            like2nap03

            M4GNUM wrote:

             

            To add to that viewpoint, I am beginning to think you hope there aren't issues because if there are, that would mean you aren't as good as you think you are. You discount what others say because in your mind, your skill level is super MLG high and if it came to be that it was at the sacrifice of others having issues, you might not be as good as you think you are. Hmm...

            He knows issues exist.  He just likes to troll.  Just like he endlessly argued about how FMG9's were fine in MW3, or that DA AA was fine in Black Ops 2.  Occasionally he will provide helpful tips, information, ideas, or even beat down someone's complaint/argument with stone cold facts (I like THAT version of James), but a lot of the time he just likes to get under people's skin.  Other times it seems as though he genuinely believes an issue isn't really an issue because he doesn't experience it, but I can't help but think that there are some occasions where he says he doesn't experience a problem, even if he really does, just to make people mad.  It's hard to tell since, when he is trolling, he takes it so far. 

  • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
    like2nap03

    M4GNUM wrote:

     

    I love everything else besides the above issues. Love the maps, the graphics, the new additions, the old popular elements, weapons, wiimote controls...BUT none of that matters due to the above issues.

    Lag.  It makes everything else hard to put up with.  Are the spawns annoying?  Sure.  Would they bother me much if the game didn't lag so bad?  Probably not.  I feel your pain.  I've only played once since I moved and got a new connection (everything but the router is different) and it ran fine that day, but that doesn't mean much.  I need to test it out more.  Before that though it was pretty bad, even though that connection ran fine in BLOPS2 MOST of the time.  At least after all the connection hotfixes. 

  • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
    Padiego

    I have pretty much stopped playing this game atm. Prestiged once and I just don't feel like playing anymore. Shame, because the wiimote controls in Ghosts are soooooo smooooth. Arkham City has been keeping me busy lately, and I'll be picking up the new mario friday. Combined with the holidays, work, school, and friends, i'll be busy the next three or so weeks. Hopefully by then we'll have another patch in. I really want to like this game, because of how smooth the wiimote finally feels, but the spawns are just so bad....

  • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
    bughunt

    Going to be tough for anybody to argue with what you've said.  A lot of us should take note on how you've presented your post.

     

    I can't say that I blame you for taking a break after reading all that.  I can make the most of what I can but even I would have struggled to find a reason to continue playing with all of those things.

     

    A_Trey_U did say that they were tweaking things on their end.  He may even drop in here to ask for a date of when things went to hell to see how it correlates with the changes they made.  I hope so, since they do seem to be actively working on everything.

     

    Your ending paragraph sums up my feelings towards what I've seen of the game, too.  I want to try the controls since they are praised by the majority of Wiimoters.  I love bigger maps.  I like how some people have said that it feels like a blend of some of the past CoDs with new elements brought in.

     

    The only real thing that is stopping me from reaching for my wallet is the connection/lag issues and a few other minor problems.  I feel that if they fix that then a majority of the other issues will fade away with it.

  • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
    A_Trey_U

    M4GNUM, when is the last time you played the game?    And what region of the US are you in?

    • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
      M4GNUM

      I live in the Northwest Region of the United States.

       

      I played last night 11/19 from 9 MST to 11:30 MST when I rage-quitted. I hate rage-quitting, I just got fed up with the lag and shut off my console If you have a dude from another country who said he hasn't played the game much going 32-3 on HDTDM and more seasoned players going 6-20 due to lag, skipping, teleporting...something is up.

       

      Still hoping that dedicated servers will give a noticeable improvement that will most likely solve most of the issues I listed. Is there any update on a time frame at the moment? You can give a ballpark if it makes you more comfortable.

       

      Thanks for asking...

  • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
    WiimotesRus02

    M4GNUM wrote:

     

     

    [3] SPAWNS

    * We constantly hear about how much they test these games, but somehow this didn't come up in their testing which I find ridiculous. I frequently get spawned in front of enemy players up to 5 times in a row.  Spawned within 2 feet of an IED. Or a dog. All over the map, so it's not a spawn-kill strategy they are using - it's a faulty game mechanic

     

     

     

    You spawn killed me 3 or 4 times in Strikezone the other day. As if I wasn't having enough trouble getting my ass handed to me on a plate by Void. Btw, he must live actually inside a server, have you noticed when playing against him there's never enough time to react? I never had any trouble playing against him on the old Wii..

    • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
      M4GNUM

      To keep things fair, I don't like it when the enemy spawns in front of me like that...I usually feel bad. That's why I tried to look at the issues I am having from both my and the enemy's perspective. I don't want things in my favor, just like I don't want things in the enemy's favor. So I apologize!

       

      Void is a good guy - sometimes he brags a bit much, but overall a good guy. I know he's been reported a bunch and accused of lag switching a ton of times because that is what it feels like - people always lag out, freeze, stutter whenever they encounter him...me included. I'm not saying that's the case though. He changed his name to TheHatedVoid because of it, LOL. I think he just either has the worst connection on the planet...or the best connection on the planet. I think it's the latter. I never knew him before BO2, but I had a lot of problems with him there. Much faster than other players, skipping across the screen, head glitching, impossible shots 90 degrees to him across the map while running, etc. I've always wondered what he sees onscreen vs what we see onscreen. It's a little better on this game, but I still feel like I'm a half second behind him connection-wise. He is a very smart player though, so I'm not trying to sound like he isn't.

      • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
        WiimotesRus02

        M4GNUM wrote:

         

        To keep things fair, I don't like it when the enemy spawns in front of me like that...I usually feel bad. That's why I tried to look at the issues I am having from both my and the enemy's perspective. I don't want things in my favor, just like I don't want things in the enemy's favor. So I apologize!

         

        Void is a good guy - sometimes he brags a bit much, but overall a good guy. I know he's been reported a bunch and accused of lag switching a ton of times because that is what it feels like

        You feel bad?? How many times do you like to feel bad LoL. In that game it made me laugh because I thought of the other thread you made about the spawns so yeah, made me chuckle a bit.

         

        I've spoken to Void in private messaging before, he comes across as an ok fella, and I've played him enough to know he's a smart player, he puts enough hours in so he should be lol. I just wish I could be competitive to give him a good match. Maybe dedi severs won't make much that much difference, who knows, but I can't wait to find out.

         

        On another note, yesterdays games I had suddenly turned into a toob fest. I was getting horrible flash backs of the worst part of Reflex. Have you noticed groups of little kids spamming toobs yet? They kept firing tubes, getting killed then coming back with more toobs. I'm telling ya, after a few games of constant explosion it was giving me a head ache..

        • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
          M4GNUM

          WiimotesRus02 wrote:

           

           

          I've spoken to Void in private messaging before, he comes across as an ok fella, and I've played him enough to know he's a smart player, he puts enough hours in so he should be lol. I just wish I could be competitive to give him a good match. Maybe dedi severs won't make much that much difference, who knows, but I can't wait to find out.

           

          That's exactly what my goal is here and why I even bother to write posts....to level the playing field where your play grows and is affected by skill...not wonky game mechanics. I have no problem saying, "dude...great shot!" and I have no problem being killed - I just don't want the game giving anyone an edge. With so many varying connections and locations, maybe that's not possible...but I can't help but think it can be improved.

           

          WiimotesRus02 wrote:

           

           

          On another note, yesterdays games I had suddenly turned into a toob fest. I was getting horrible flash backs of the worst part of Reflex. Have you noticed groups of little kids spamming toobs yet? They kept firing tubes, getting killed then coming back with more toobs. I'm telling ya, after a few games of constant explosion it was giving me a head ache..

          I usually play at night unless I'm waiting for a client, then I'll hop on and play during the day to play with people I wouldn't normally. What you are seeing when you play is what I'm seeing nowadays too. An increase in grenade launchers. A few last night were like that...a constant barrage of explosives. LOL - Reflex when you could equip 2 primaries and have 3 or 4 grenades in your tubes? Yeah - it was like that.

           

          To that note, I think there are certain things that the game causes. If spawns are squirrely and lag is an issue, people will camp more and use noob tubes more. I can't stand that, but I also can't blame people for doing that if the game essentially makes them play that way.

  • Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS
    LucaPac

    M4GNUM ha scritto:

    [5] VESTS

    * If an enemy has one on, it takes a good 10+ bullets to kill them. If I have one on, I get killed in 1 or 2 bullets - doesn't matter if they have armor piercing bullets or not...doesn't matter which gun they are using

     

    ***

     

     

     

    No god, NO!!! it takes 10 bullet because of lag, start a private match, wear the vest, ask your friend to shot only one bullet to you, you'll lose your useless vest

     

    All your points are related to the lag, anyway dedicated servers are coming so all these problems will be solved

     

    The real problem of this Cod are:

    1: Totally crazy respawn points

    2: Few objective modes

    3: Few xp points in the objective modes (why should I have to play search & destroy or blitz if every kill counts as a kill in TDM? I can make more and more kills in domination or TDM, making more points too!!! It's hard to prestige playing such modes