16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2013 9:57 PM by LTSHiNySiDeZ3 RSS

How to get my profile Reset! i got hacked :(

BrutalMatharu

While searching for TDM lobbies yesterday i was taken to a hacked lobby. Three things happened...

1.  I got promoted to Level 60

2. Everytime i get a kill i earn a squad point

3. My score in FFA is ridiculously high

I dont want all this and want to get my profile reset please. How do i do that?

please help..

Thanks ,

CSM

• Re: How to get my profile Reset! i got hacked :(
    Jaliy

you can't

just wait to get banned

FalconR6

At the moment there is no way to have your stats reset. All the relevant security teams would be looking into the matter of modded lobbies. I'm sure at some stage there will be a pathway for your stats to be reset. Activision might put out a fill-in reset form. In the mean time - just be patient.

** Remember - if you realize that you have entered a modded lobby - leave immediately!!! Turn off your console.

The last thing you want is to have your account banned for taking advantage of a glitch.

You might want to try different game modes out. From what Ive heard Dom and TDM are most affected.

giraffeweevil

How do you know you've entered a modded lobby? I've also read somewhere you should not leave the lobby because changes to your profile will be saved permanently. You should just turn off your console.

FalconR6

If you notice high jumping

if you notice a couple of gamers with brigh/different coloured gamertags

if you notice too many points being awarded per kill

if you notice anything suspicious ..... Full stop.... Bug out of game

Turning off your console instead of exiting lobby normally is probably best bet,,, but not a guarantee unfortunately. 

Do not engage with the lobby, do not engage with any messages from modders/hackers.

Please do not accept game invites from gamers you don't know.

giraffeweevil

deja vu... high jumping and gamers with coloured gamertags. This is exactly what I experienced back in the days of MW2. Then my account was hacked & prestiged (which I had to create a new account since sony could not do anything about it) as well as adding [C**T] at the start of my gamertag (sounds familiar to anyone?). So why are these problems coming up again? 400 + hours on BO2 i never seen any hacked lobbies. It all makes me think this game is still based on old code.

Any plans to use dedicated servers? They might be using some dedicated servers for matchmaking but it looks like the game is still running on traditional p2p architecture. Am I wrong?

mht6468

Create a new PSN user account and play on that until "fixed"... 7 days on and I'm still waiting so it will take ages IMO... contact Activision its all you can do right now.

Izjar11

What is the coincidence of joining a "hacked" lobby in the games searching criteria?

FalconR6

I can only guess joining an infected lobby is purely locational. Pure bad luck. I say this because a number of those claiming to have joined a modded lobby - say it has happened multiple times. In biological terms infections spread from a centre point

Izjar11

I have read many threads on cheating, hacked lobbies and boosting and many more on " I didn't know" or "my little brother so and so" and I have grown increasingly doubtful these "random public hacked matches" are in the normal search area, but are in fact hacked lobbies in private settings whom them spam invites to unknowing players who accept blindly or join willingly. 

TheBeastlyDude

I'm with you Izjar, it does seem odd that people are finding hacked lobbies with a normal search, if that is what is happening. I feel that if hacked lobbies were so openly available on the normal lobbies, a lot more people would be on these boards complaining because of the sheer number one lobby can effect. If this was true, there'd be at least 100s infected with the problems instead of the few scant people who come on the board. People come on these boards and make accounts just to whine about camping but not to complain about hacked lobbies?

I'd be more willing to buy that the OP didn't know better when accepting an anonymous invite instead of hacked lobbies in a normal rotation. Again, I am just going by what I know and have seen in the past.

LTSHiNySiDeZ3

While we do normally agree I have been put into hacked lobbies 2x in this game.  Luckily my data got corrupted from it and I was rolled back 2x from it.  But one game I joined and killed someone and got 1,000 squad points and 999999xp so I instantly hard shutdown my ps3.  It does happen I have 5 other people with me when it happened in TDM on Strikezone.  But I Haven't seen one for about a week now, so I must be "lucky".

BrutalMatharu

I did not join a lobby from an invite, it was a normal search. As soon as the game started, we all spawned in a single location and that was it.

I am now playing with a different account for now and waiting for this to be fixed. I wish I knew that turning of the system prevents this from happening.

But its pathetic that this is happening in a game that's hardly 2 weeks old.