14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 9:10 AM by BanHaMMer RSS

This needs to stop

JGreen150

Before i begin, My first game was MW2 and ive played every CoD since. That being said, there are some things that are a welcome change such as the Improved pick-10 system. But for Fcuks sake, Free For All(As well as TDM, S&R, and Kill Comfirmed) is probably the most annoying game mode in this game. I LOVE FFA and its almost all i play until my friends are online and ready to party up and thats the way its been since MW2.

Now let me explain Why with a basic synopsis of a typical game of FFA(skip to the list for discussion topic):

Its the beginning of the game and everyone spawns in. The timer hits zero and off we go. Immediately, its either kill or be killed with 3 or 4 players spawning in in the same general area. At least the other games had it down where it was at least SOMEWHAT of a challenge to get first blood but now its like IW didnt even go over the spawns, and thats not even just for the beginning of the game as most of you know. Ive found myself spawning in behind/beside players at some points in the game. its ridiculous.

Now lets get back to the game, After racking up a couple of K/Ds i go on a Deathstreak so bad that it threatens my K/D itself. this is due to the fact that I'll spawn, and die almost instantaneously to an I.E.D, spawn again, run a few feet, die again to, You guessed it, an I.E.D, then comes the problem of the people placing the I.E.Ds. They're literally in every building on the map, ADSing out the window and turning around every few seconds to check their 6 AFTER their IED is gone.

I know someone reading this right now is wondering what my playstyle is that i keep dying like this and yes, i am a run-n-gunner predominately. So I'll do what any sensible vet would do in this situation and slow it down a bit, but the problem is when i do so, all it does is make the map go quiet with the occasional kill. LIKE i mean literally 10-20 seconds or so before someone gets a kill. This isnt how FFA should be played IMO and theres a few reasons i think this is happening.

1. From experience, i think a lot of these corner campers are the players that enjoyed HC FFA. If you've never played it, basically its HC TDM with a LOT more camping. If it were to be appropriately re-named, it would be called Hardcore Hide and seek(that wasnt even a joke). So hopefully IW replaces HC FFA so that FFA can be played by the people who like to stay mobile and keep the game going.

2. The MAPS. Like, i really dont understand what IW was thinking making these maps so big. I think the only maps that can actually be used in FFA are strikezone, octane, and freight. (i might have forgotten a few) but even then these maps have a lot of camping spots or at least enough to give all players a camping area to themselves which slows down the pace of the game considerably.

3. Nerf the IEDs. Give them another second maybe 1.5 or decrease the Fcuking detection range. They detect you way too early. That would allow for marathon/+ lightweight users to get away rather than just sitrep or blast shield users. It seems to be the #1 pick for campers so making them work a little harder to get kills or stay alive.  i dont think thats too much to ask.

Do you agree or are there any fellow FFA enthusiasts who have something to add? Do you disagree?

• Re: This needs to stop
    Themoosebig

well map size is simple one to answer.. we asked for more complex bigger maps . we got it. but i cant comment of FFA as i don't play it but i would trust you are correct they are a bit to big for that game mode.

the IED is fine sitrep shows me exactly where ppl are sitting so as there isa clear counter to them i think they are perfectly fine.

when i party up i make sure my mates know iv got sitrep and il tell them if there is an IED close to them (if im close enough of course)

Izjar11

This needs to stop

What does?

Its the beginning of the game and everyone spawns in. The timer hits zero and off we go. Immediately, its either kill or be killed with 3 or 4 players spawning in in the same general area. At least the other games had it down where it was at least SOMEWHAT of a challenge to get first blood but now its like IW didnt even go over the spawns, and thats not even just for the beginning of the game as most of you know. Ive found myself spawning in behind/beside players at some points in the game. its ridiculous.

Yes the spawns, we all know they are troublesome but in previous games I always encountered someone almost immediately in FFA - thats really how it should be.

1. From experience, i think a lot of these corner campers are the players that enjoyed HC FFA. If you've never played it, basically its HC TDM with a LOT more camping. If it were to be appropriately re-named, it would be called Hardcore Hide and seek(that wasnt even a joke). So hopefully IW replaces HC FFA so that FFA can be played by the people who like to stay mobile and keep the game going

You write that you've been playing this game since MW2 but you sound totally new to the "hiding" thing. Its old as old can be.

2. The MAPS. Like, i really dont understand what IW was thinking making these maps so big. I think the only maps that can actually be used in FFA are strikezone, octane, and freight. (i might have forgotten a few) but even then these maps have a lot of camping spots or at least enough to give all players a camping area to themselves which slows down the pace of the game considerably.

Because many wanted something different than what Treyarch was producing, MW3 maps were midsize these maps allow for greater tactical play camping or running included.

3. Nerf the IEDs. Give them another second maybe 1.5 or decrease the Fcuking detection range. They detect you way too early. That would allow for marathon/+ lightweight users to get away rather than just sitrep or blast shield users. It seems to be the #1 pick for campers so making them work a little harder to get kills or stay alive.  i dont think thats too much to ask

What! Your complaining about the spawns and the IED is one reason as a player I can rely on not getting killed from behind! NO! The IEDs are explosives and should kill instantly, use a perk that helps you detect them man! Its there for your usage.

Do you agree or are there any fellow FFA enthusiasts who have something to add? Do you disagree?

I am a FFA enthusiast, and I enjoy the challenge of every against everyone, but I don't agree with modifying the IED or complaining about how people play the game. The spawns, we are all aware they probably need to be "corrected" some.

Raketti

Couldn't agree with you more. Spawns need adjustment, but other than that FFA is fine and my by far my favorite game mode in this game.

EDIT: One thing i forgot that i mentioned on another thread, i do wish there would be at least some sort of a limit on how late you can join a game, i really don't like being placed in a match that's almost over and take a loss for it.

And to the OP: The pace of FFA is fine as it is, it doesn't need to be so that you can kill or get killed every 2 seconds.

JGreen150
      Yes the spawns, we all know they are troublesome but in previous games I always encountered someone almost immediately in FFA - thats really how it should be.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but still, a nice medium between TDM spawns and FFA spawns would be nice. like everyone has time to at LEAST turn and walk a few steps. Im not saying everyone should have a minute to get prepared but at least not get killed <5 seconds into the game

You write that you've been playing this game since MW2 but you sound totally new to the "hiding" thing. Its old as old can be.

Youre right, but its never been as bad as it is in this game. I dont know how else to say it, but ITS LIKE IM PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK.

Because many wanted something different than what Treyarch was producing, MW3 maps were midsize these maps allow for greater tactical play camping or running included.

I Dont think its too much to ask for a couple of Mode-exclusive maps is it? I wouldnt mind the bigger maps so much if i could at least have an appropriately sized map every other game. This would also allow for maps like Whiteout, siege, stonehaven, and chasm to remain exclusive to team games. the Smaller maps could also be utilized for rushing game modes like blitz or cranked rather than just FFA like free fall does.

What! Your complaining about the spawns and the IED is one reason as a player I can rely on not getting killed from behind! NO! The IEDs are explosives and should kill instantly, use a perk that helps you detect them man! Its there for your usage.

I see im on the losing side of the argument on this one, but i guess all i really want is NOT to spawn next to them. Ill spawn in a corner and run out only to get killed by one. does this mean im always forced to run sitrep? I see where youre all coming from on not nerfing the IEDs but having 3 perks(sitrep, blast shield, and Marathon+lightweight(Note: it would have to be both in order to outrun an IED if the detonation time was +.5 seconds i think))  to counter a very dominant piece of equipment , isnt really that much of a nerf considering the only people to run this combo would be rushers.

sorry about the layout of the response, i messed it up haha

CupcakeBandit

1. People will camp no matter what game mode you play.

2. The maps are only big because too many people were complaining that BO2 was too small. Personally, I think its dumb. They even have game mode for 4 vs 4. It could take you awhile to even find somebody. There was no thought in making these maps. The dynamic environment is also a joke. No one cares for it. On top of that, some of the walls you can't lean on even though you know you can.

3. The IED doesn't need nerfing. It's good the way it is. I've avoided the blast radius numerous times and survived without and extra protection. If you find yourself having trouble then run siterep.

robbierocket

This thread is simplified thusly.

"Please can you change the game to suit me, my game mode, my style, my set-up and to my liking, so that I can do even better, thanks."

...and PS. The maps are not huge.

On a scale of 1-10 where:

1 = MW2 RUST

10 = WAW SEELOW

then Ghosts maps are 3-8, the largest being SEIGE, size LARGE.

JGreen150

of course i was gonna get one of THESE badkids to reply. In no way am i asking for the game to change to suit my style specifically, rather to suit a game mode ive been playing for years to return it to its former glory. This is also FFA you cant forget. its 8 people being tossed on siege trying to find each other, not a team game. I remember FFA being 5-7 people running around the map and 1-3 kids camping. This was a good formula because:

The maps were all of a decent size and structure to suit a run-n-gun style or a "controlling" playstyle.

All of the equipment had a "flaw" that allowed anyone to avoid being killed even if they didnt run sitrep/flak jacket. Claymore was avoidable by running around the blast zone i guess youd call it which was always in the front(marathon+lightweight could run right past it) bouncing bettys(go prone within the time allowed). oh and in the appropriate game stalker delayed the detonation time. 

Sight-lines are arguable as they are the biggest factor besides traffic and lack of visibility(from the enemy) that determines what is deemed a camping spot and what isnt.

By the way, i think if you were to take two seconds off from bashing my post and go to the search bar and type in, oh i dont know "maps" and look at the results, i think you have your work cut out for you, so why dont you just copy and paste that little comment on every other thread stating their opinion about the map size and see how well that works out for you. you obviously dont know how a discussion works and this post probably would be a better place without your 2 cents. You contributed absolutely nothing to this discussion besides your cruel map size comparison. you're dismissed thank you very much.

I_Am_Overpowered

stop crying this game was catered to campers so either get with the program or sell it like i did. IW did everything they could help the camper against us so called headless chickens. Let the campers have their fun for the year because next year when treyarch drops their new cod it be back to business as usual.

oh and for the record i sold this game having 2.30 k/d this game plays way to slow for me and bored the crap out me. So i sold it i suggest everyone else who doesn't like the game to do the same. crying like a little girl will get you nowhere

PistolLustHD

I don't think the I.E.D is too bad, since there's a way to at least combat it (SitRep) It is a bit of a ***** sometimes though.

I know i've said this in previous posts, but if anything needs to be nerfed, it should be the f*cking Guard Dogs. You can't do a thing to combat them. Turn a corner, boom, pouncing dog. Kill someone, boom, dog runs across the map to find and kill you. If anything turns me off from Ghosts, it's that.

I don't understand why people are hating on the maps so badly though. I understand that they aren't exactly small, but i don't think they are that big either? Stonehaven and Siege are the only ones that i can think of that are on the "too big" side, but other than that i think they are decent, and a huge step-up from MW3.

NoLifeKing32

Spawns are a problem yes, nothing else you said is accurate.

Capt_Teabagger

If the I.E.Ds bother you that much work sitrep into your perks. Also solves the problem of running around a corner into a IMS or sentry gun.

What I want to know is where the hell are you finding a HC FFA? Since on my list of game modes that doesn't seem to be there. And is also missing from my list of game modes in Blop2.  And it is a damn shame that that game mode has been taken away from the players that enjoy playing hardcore over core.

TheBeastlyDude

IW has tweeted that the next few patches, they are going to rework spawns so there is no need to complain anymore other than for the sake of complaining.

As for the map size, it isn't too terribly difficult to figure out where campers like to hide. As you have said, you played since MW2, these maps are not really all that much bigger, just more complex. Once you learn where campers like to hide, as you have done on previous CODs, you will be able to kill them easier.

If you want to go back to a 'former glory' that you once played, then you should play those games. Despite people complaining that this COD is the same as all before, the truth is that it will never be the same ever again. Think back to MW3 when they brought back Terminal from MW2. It was a great map on MW2 however on MW3, it became a shell of what it once was. Ghost will never return to your glory days. Future games will not return to your glory days.

As for IEDs, as everyone has been quick to point out, sitrep is your friend. IEDs are fine and if you run into one, it's your fault. Once more people run sitrep, the amount of IED spam will lessen because they won't be as useful and less people will need to run IEDs. They are just a crutch right now for those learning the game and as long as people run into them, they will be used.

TRU11

1 campers has been and always been in FPS.

even last COD where you had to move if you wanted to stay of the mini map did not change 1 thing.

2 the maps are fine, the respawn are terrible.

bigger maps force people to think more before running around like a headless chicken.

3 blast shield or sit rep counters IED.

not to mention there is a grenade that can act like an EMP.

other then the spawns and sometimes connection this game is fine.

there are no nerfs needed.

only thing needed is a buff to the complainers I.Q.

BanHaMMer

Read up on the game before you post and show your ignorance!

The maps appear big because they could not run more than 12 players per map on current gen Consoles.

They admitted 'Frame rates' would drop in CQC and a few other reasons. Google it and you will see.

The game is more about tactics than 'run & gun', again they (the devs) have said this. Google it and you will see.

If you go back to COD4 and the CODs around that time, you will see this game has gone back to it's grass roots. The later CODs were really a mixed bag of experiments for the casual gamer.

As stated, there are counters to explosive lethals. Don't run a second weapon and use the extra perk space!

Ugh!