21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2013 12:29 PM by Padiego RSS

Hardly Anyone Online

WiimotesRus02

Up to mid day today there was hardly anyone playing Core or Hardcore. A week ago it wasn't much of a problem getting a match as soon as I came on. This week is a different story, 4 people waiting in hctdm and a total of barely 150 playing or online. And when people do start playing its the same people. 1 month into the game and its already on the decline

I guess the game must be selling well, to second hand shops

If Treyarch isn't quick to fix this game I think it will kill it off completely..

• Re: Hardly Anyone Online
    Ryumaou

And what is it they should "fix"? The main issues listed in Pwnsweets bugtracker thread are solved already. I think the game is quite good as it is now. (Though I'm looking forward to further minor fixes in future updates of course) I guess people just took some days off when the game launched and are now back at work / in school. If it's mid-day here in europe then it's too early for most U.S. players to play the game.

LastShadowCOD

The game is unplayable for me and that appears to be so for many others as well.

Why play this when you could do something else?

Whack-a-newbie
        The game is unplayable for me and that appears to be so for many others as well.

I wouldn't call it "unplayable" for me, but it definitely teeters between "not as much fun as $65 should buy" and "maybe I'll wash the dishes instead". I typically play for about an hour when I get home from work. Well, in BO2 I did. With this game I'm finding myself shutting down after two or three matches. Sometimes I get two or three moderately smooth matches in a row. Then I'll get nothing but garbage. Instadeath, repeated spwn in the same spot in front of the same K9, shoot 20 times only to be charged and knifed...

For me, the buzz kills are:

1. Lag and lag comp. (yes, I know many don't have a problem, but I do and NO it's not my internet connection)

2. Frame rate (for me it can vary from "fair" to "unplayable" often times slowing so bad I can't make out an enemy from a mailbox; somehow related to lag possibly?)

3. Spawns! ('nuff said)

The 3arc updates, although greatly appreciated, in my opinion have made little progress towards correcting what are, for me and my game play, major issues.

WiimotesRus02

Think about what you said. Go on any other game and there's plenty of people playing. What I'm experiencing right now has never been like this with any other cod game, and ghosts has only just come out. And the fixes that are being addressed are hardly game breaking issues. And so what if you think the game is ok right now, you tell me why hardly anyone is online..

Ryumaou

I think everybody has different experiences with every CoD. For me BO2 is hardly playable even today. Never had problems with any other online game like this before. Ghosts however runs like a dream come true most of the time with controls as smooth as never before.

WiimotesRus02

There are more people with connection issues than you think. Bo2 for me was a joke, but I wasn't laughing, and the same thing is happening all over again. The issues in the bug thread are minor and can be dealt with easily, the other stuff, well, until they prove to me they can fix them, I'm going with the theory they don't have a clue. So while they can probably get the ticking clock on the grenades fixed, people are happy for the interaction of a dev, and my guess is they know that and use it to pass the time and have nice things said about them. But it does look like more and more people have had it this time and don't trust anything to be fixed, or maybe just waiting for the golden goose to lay its egg and hope that dedi severs arrive and improve things. But the connection problems that MW3 had were really bad at the start of that game, and it was sorted out long before now. Why it hasn't with this game, or the fact they haven't even said to my knowledge that they will look into it should tell you nothing is going to change because there is a major mistake with the servers and WiiU that can't be reversed. And A_T_U wonders why I get angry. Give me one straight answer to my questions and issues and I will be happy. But he is so annoyed at me being annoyed he won't talk to me, except when I pee him off and he wants to ban me..

BobbyMcGee

Blops2 had a player base of around 2k. Half those people were so p!ssed because of how we were treated they said they were done with cod. Guess they were serious...

Adam1234567893

This is why they should combine the Nintendo and the Steam/PC servers because both parties are complaining about population I predict if they combine the servers then fix the game somewhat people will start buying Ghosts again.

Padiego

Oh god. If they combine PC and Wii U servers, DA is done. Mouse and keyboard will dominate, the wiimote will have a fighting chance, and DA will be the ignored step child.

Ronin2012

some people may now have an xbox one or ps4 and sick of the red headed step child treatment

Wii U will be mainly for mario type games for the kids and reflex and w@w for me.

Xbone for pretty much the rest

barolb

Honestly, i think it's multiple of things. For one, people are having to deal with exams and end of term/semester stuff. Another key point to take into account is that some people may have gotten worn out of the Call of Duty launch and are now taking a break; also it could be the connection issues i keep seeing pop up from posts on here. I wouldn't say that it's one reason, but i would be willing to bet that a major reason behind the drop in players is due to school. As others have stated, it could have even been due to the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One. People might have migrated to different platforms to play.*

For one, i'm actually swamped with work right now. End of semester == most suckish time of year.

Edit:*

WiimotesRus02

barolb wrote:

Honestly, i think it's multiple of things. For one, people are having to deal with exams and end of term/semester stuff. Another key point to take into account is that some people may have gotten worn out of the Call of Duty launch and are now taking a break; also it could be the connection issues i keep seeing pop up from posts on here. I wouldn't say that it's one reason, but i would be willing to bet that a major reason behind the drop in players is due to school. As others have stated, it could have even been due to the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One. People might have migrated to different platforms to play.*

For one, i'm actually swamped with work right now. End of semester == most suckish time of year.

Edit:*

I don't think its school my friend, like I said I've not seen it like this before, there are plenty of adults around to make up the numbers. A lot of people in my clan have stopped playing too, and we're all over 40. I don't even see the beast online and he's always on after he finishes work. But you're right, it could be a number of things, there's a 16 page list of bugs for one reason. For me, I won't be on at all this weekend, I have a whole weekend fully booked with gigs and parties, and its probably going to take a whole week to recover too..

Pwnsweet

I had 5 or 6 Australian matches in a row yesterday. It was amazing. I averaged 6-8kdr per match and my weekly KDR rose from 2.42 to 3.21. In one game I went 33-1. There's no way I could do that on international lobbies. There's just no way.

Connection is life.

• Re: Re: Hardly Anyone Online
      nintendon't

Pwnsweet wrote:

Connection is life.

and ass is hometown.

WiimotesRus02

I would like to have a match with Australians, just to see who has the better of what..

Incredible_Mr

I dont play anymore, havent put the disc in for a week or so. The games whack for me. Connection is simply horrendous, insta deaths ALL the time, dont even see who`s killed me, longest killstreak is like a 6. I was that bad I ended up trying knife only, and did better than with ANY gun. My kdr dropped from 1.40ish (lowest ever in any cod) to around 0.90 after 4-5 days of constantly going 3-30. I tried different times of day, and it was the same over and over and over.

On another note, I dont like the maps, too dull, dont like the streaks, not keen on the guns, etc etc I just dont enjoy the game. Ive been playing sonic, mario and rayman with my little girl, and watching tv at night.