13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2013 9:14 AM by DingoDC RSS

movement speed opinions

Winters Anxiety

I haven't played this game on the 360 in a while but I started today and honestly it feels like the movement of my character is soooo much faster... am I just imagining things or what

• Re: movement speed opinions
    FishyDizzle

yeah its been upped for the ADHD MLG League generation

NiteFalken

Well that explains the lag jumps and hitmarkers. Avatar movement speed is the main reason for those WTF moments in this game. Ever ADS on someone and have your sights jump?

Draaconis

Yeah. That is the auto aim being "disabled for multiplayer on this version". Just like "quick scoping will be eliminated this time around".

NiteFalken

Actually Draconis its caused by the flinch of getting hit. The other guy saw you and was shooting you before it registered on your screen. As you ADS the lag catches up and your view is jumped over the enemies head. This is very similar to the disappearing rocket and grenade launcher projectiles. The timing is so far off that when the instances are stacked the time line showed you never launched. The other effect is when you get that "how did he one hit me with a SMG" moments. To the game he unloaded half a clip into you before he even registered on your screen.

Excess movement speeds exaggerate this problem. Agility + Stalker + Marathon = Martix like bullet dodger. They really should look at the multipliers attributed to the perks not enough to make them useless but to keep them in line with network latency across a wide range of pings. The gaminess can be reduced by adding incremental bob to moving ADS. IE if your looking down a scope and moving fast your not going to hit a damn thing. But if your creeping then the bob is minimized. Stalker still keeps its speed but the faster you go the more bob consider it a kind of counter to Stalker but one thats in control of the user.  This effect would be magnified by the level of magnification in the scope IE a RDS would be less noticible than a 8x sniper scope.

Comp_Merge

I'd say it feels fairly similar to Black Ops 2. Going from BO2 to Ghosts I didn't really notice but when I went back I noticed that Ghosts feels a bit smoother. But as I say, for me I reckon they are pretty similar (I pretty much always run Lightweight + SMG though)

Also, in response to FishyDizzle, why the hate? I doubt they changed anything in the game for MLG. Looking at the game, I think it's quite obvious that it's geared mostly for casual gamers and to be fun, rather than competitive.

Winters Anxiety

so are hey going to keep it this way?  cause i actually liked this cod. and I hated the others and now it just feels like every single cod out there

Boddrick

That comment confused me, but yes, I think it'll stay the same. Unless they slow the pace of the next game by a lot, but that's very unlikely.

Winters Anxiety

What i meant is I've always disliked cal of duty, every single one. ghosts felt different I couldn't explain why until they increased the speed. now it's back to everyone on crack spray and praying; thus I am liking ghosts a little less.

The ONE thing I can give credit to the faster movement speed is the maps don't seem so HUGE and I'm not walking around for 5 min trying to find someone. but I don't know I still think it was fine the way it was

rankismet

Winters Anxiety wrote:

I haven't played this game on the 360 in a while but I started today and honestly it feels like the movement of my character is soooo much faster... am I just imagining things or what

So much faster compared to what?

IW games have faster player movements than TA.

SrgntMerkWorthy

I haven't noticed anything, maybe just oblivious but if they did, it wont take ten minutes to run from one obj to another now.  YAY!

DalekonDrugs

I must be honest you are wrong this game feels slower if anything else maybe you were playing cranked with lightweight

DingoDC

It's definitely faster.  What I can't understand is the ability for some players to jump higher than others.  Is there a perk for that?  Does equipment have anything to do with that?