5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2013 7:51 PM by OGHuxtable Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Game crashed, progress gone!

MattyRob

I have Skylanders Lost Island (version 1.6.0) on my iPad 2 running iOS 7.0.1.

A couple of days ago is crashed when updateing the game content and I have lost all progress, gems, skylanders etc. It's gone right back to the tutorial section of the game at the beginning with the portal master! (I was up to level 33 if I recall correctly)

I have an Activate account (screen name Hot_Dog), can my progress be recovered? The prospect of starting over makes me much more inclind to delete the app if not.

I've tried starting on another device and also logging out of activate on the iPad, still starts at the same place.

Any advice is most welcome

• Re: Game crashed, progress gone!
    michaelkenji

This just happened to me like a few minutes ago. I'm back to square one and I'm very frustrated because I've already spent money for IAP's, not to mention the countless hours of earning money and leveling up my characters. Any resolution? I think my Activate save has already been overwritten because it automatically does that. Logging in and out doesn't resolve it, and neither does quitting the app and relaunching. Any help?

MattyRob

Over a day later and no official response on here or Twitter. So, I called the helpline.

Very nice lady listened to the story of my issues, ran through some things to try which I'd already done and then basically told me that my progress was gone and could not be recovered. Thankfully for me I never spent any money on this game, I was patient and progressed within the game without buying gems. After this experience I'm very glad I did it that way and would advise you all to keep your money rather than spend it on this game and lose it! By all means play the game because it is fun but keep your hard earned money for yourself!

OGHuxtable

Hi Mattyrob,

We truly apologize with the delay responding to your post.  The information you have provided above will be forwarded to the proper channels for further investigation and resolution.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards ^AH

OGHuxtable

Hi Michael,

Per DM, your information has been forwarded.

Thanks ^AH

OGHuxtable

Hi Matt ,

If you are still encountering an issue with Lost Islands, please try the following Activision Support . Should you need additional assistance, a support phone number is available within the article so an agent can assist you further.

Regards ^AH