29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2013 9:22 PM by Lucian2014 RSS

Lets Be Real Here.

FishyDizzle

Why Is This Game Boring Already?

This is not a rant thread nor a negative thread I would just like to know what is it that is making this game boring already? IN NOVEMBER???

Is it the map size?

The Camping?

The Boring Killstreaks?

The Drab colors and washed out textures?

The boring weapons?

The lack of objective gameplay?

I Cant quite work it out exactly but the spark that I have every November for the new installment is just not here.I want it to be here.Really badly.But I just cant find it,

Somebody please suggest something that will inspire some motivation to play this game hard.

Save me before I have to go and exist in the real world!

• Re: Lets Be Real Here.
    phxs72

Try some different guns.  I suspect that a lot of folks have fallen into the trap of just playing with their favorite weapons.  I know that my top one or two get unlocked rather quickly for each squad member that I have.  But beyond that I like to try out different weapons.  Sure not all of them that I try work out for me but it adds to the intrigue.  I've also been focusing on operational challenges.  Those things can push you into trying setups, streaks, etc that you'd probably never bother with on your own.  Sometimes you find a keeper along the way.

FishyDizzle

Tried all of them except one of the lmgs and a couple of the shotguns.

Spose i could do some operations.

phxs72

I've only tried two LMGs so far.  The M27 is pretty good for mid range but that LSAT is rock steady for long range.  The only problem with the LSAT is that it has no mobility.  I have to put Marathon on it just to be able to sprint more than 10 ft.

avngr9

For me it's the map sizes, lack of objective game modes, and the challenge system.  Don't get me wrong.  I actually enjoy this game.  For me the experience is actually pretty smooth.  These are just my opinions and why I'm having a hard time staying interested.

Maps - The most fun I have had with this game the last few days are Domination matches on Strikezone.  These are fast paced, intense, and almost always come down to the last minute and a couple of points.  I'm not opposed to larger maps but it seems like overall map size is heavily skewed towards the larger maps.  It seems they really designed these maps for the next-gen consoles and the 9 vs 9 matches.  Hoping they release some smaller maps down the road.

Game modes - I miss Demolition.  HQ served as a nice change of pace as well.  Blitz is ok, but can get boring if you play solo.

Challenges - I don't really care for Operations.  I do love the Patches though, just sucks you can't find one you want and go out and try to achieve it unless its in your current rotation of Operations.

Or it could be that this is just the 7th version of the exact same game we've been playing since Modern Warfare.  Ya, every year they make a few tweaks but it is essentially the same game.

FishyDizzle

This is true.

The fact that we are even having this conversation in NOVEMBER scares the **** out of me.

nuttin2say

FishyDizzle wrote:

This is true.

The fact that we are even having this conversation in NOVEMBER scares the **** out of me.

People have this conversation every year. In fact, most years people are having this conversation before the game has been released.

zrxd

Map size has a lot to do with it for me but for all maps, even the smaller ones, they are not floating my boat. Problems aside I'm not blown away by multiplayer and I've gone back to playing COD4 and Blops1.

The small number of players online tells it's own story but we must factor in those who waited for Ghosts on the next gen consoles.

michelangel0

Sometime I find the only way to play is to camp.  I'm either shot at spawn, shot constantly by a helicopter (even when I'm in a building trying to hide from it), Shoot players with a whole clip whilst they change weapon turn and shoot me with two shots, quick scoped etc etc etc.  I can be killed 8 or ten times before I actually get to do anything.  Most times I'll quit after 3 kills and try another game.

Kandagawa

Like you, I'm unsure what it is about this game that lacks in the fun factor that previous entries had. I've more than gotten my money's worth out of the purchase, but I feel like I just kept playing in order to reach that plateau.

One thing I've found that can be a bit fun, though, is to run around with a Vector. Even on the largest maps I've been able to do fairly well with it simply because it's unexpected.

NorcalBob

I went through the exact thing.  I was super excited and devoted to Ghosts, logging the requisite obsessive hours which is normal for a new COD title.  Then sure enough over the next week- my house is clean, errands finished, car clean, paper work completed on time, enjoying some NHL, spending more time with friends and family- actually living a normal life (boring).  I have Ghosts to thank for this transformation and things were going along great until I did the unthinkable....I plugged in BO2 and reset my stats from Master Prestige (again * 4) and well now uhhh yeah.

rankismet

FishyDizzle wrote:

Why Is This Game Boring Already?

For me... it's not.

But I enjoy spending time with friends while racking up wins.

The other things take care of themselves.

starbuckfrack

Squads mode.

I mean seriously we all new this was basically the same game with rearranged perks.

Sledgehammer23248

i completely agree with the OP... but really, this is all the games except for black ops.  i know, i know, throw rotten fruit in my general direction... but no other COD has had my attention like black ops... i think it had to do with how you had to unlock/earn "pro" perks on every prestige.

this game does not have many of the things such as pro perks, different prestige icons, better maps (smaller), variety of HC games, better kill streaks, etc...

i'm not into this one as much, but the thing i tend to find interesting is the different uniforms, headgear and heads... the operations are as difficult to get as it was getting "pro" perks in black ops.  and completing the operations enables you to get certain patches, headgear or uniforms.  i really hope in some of the dlcs, they include different headgear or i hope that there are certain unlockables for when you get all uniforms or headgear or allow you to get certain ones because i don't have a clan or play in clan wars.

rankismet

Sledgehammer23248 wrote:

[...]  better maps (smaller), variety of HC games, better kill streaks, etc...

[...]

I love the map variety. They aren't cookie cutter, postage sized, corridor driven sprint fests... on. every. map.

#MOARhardcore... yep. We agree.

Streaks? I love how they have been demphasized. It was becoming Streak Of Duty.

phxs72

Very true that the streaks are no longer as impactful as they have been.  In BO2, I might have had 1 or 2 at the most classes that didn't have Blind Eye equipped on them due to the streak spam.  In Ghosts, I only have 1 or 2 classes with Blind Eye on them.  The streaks don't dominate this game as much and as such I find myself focusing more on gun to gun battles.  That is a dramatic shift from BO2 but I enjoy both ends of the spectrum.  So it works for me.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I keep playing it and I'm now Prestige 2. There is something about this COD that doesn't give me the same excitement I got from BO2. I reached Prestige Master on the 360 and PS3 but ranking up on Ghosts feels like a drag. Maybe I miss BO2's epic firefights which I find absent in Ghosts. I feel like I'm playing HC with hud and regeneration. Don't get me wrong, I am doing good in Ghosts but the spark is just not there for some reason.

flounderRG

i suggest you to exist the real world if you dont like the game at all

SheSaidNo

Game design. It's just a different game with a familiar title.  People bought the game looking for steak, but ended up with a salad.

appledaniel

join a clan, and do clan wars, it hasent even started yet!, it starts nov 25th

appledaniel

also, if your already bored, then your probably burnt out on cod, it happens.  maybe its you, and not the game!

darkplaces28

You want a rush. Equip marathon and agility with 2 throwing knives and your combat knife. Just keep running like Forrest Gump. I usually die a lot, but can end up getting just as many kills as deaths.

nicedrewishfela

It is what you make it.

If you're bored than you're boring.

brandenc123

the answer is simple, the maps in this game ******* suck ass. I dont even feel like im playing COD I feel like im playing Battlefield

JurassicShark099

Not really the maps for me. In fact black ops 2 maps where worse because of the stupid mlg "3 lane system" that was on every map in the game.I like the maps except for a few. The camping is ridiculous though. I think this year the players ruin the game more then the design of the game. Hopefully it gets better like blops1 did.

Lucian2014

Wait till TITANFALL comes out. The original IW are going to school this phonie IW company.