1 2 3 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 3:36 AM by SolidWater RSS

Dedicated Servers

capp00

IW needs to respond to this.

We were promised dedicated servers across all platforms. Where are they on Xbox 360?

They are calling it "Thunderdome".

I've asked every person I have contact with at IW and nobody can give a straight answer.

Some say "They are already up and running"

Some say "We don't know the answer yet"

Others say "They are rolling out over time"

Basically, nobody answers the same way twice. Meaning, nobody has a clue.

I was told that they would be up after the final launch of next-gen consoles. Well that time has come and gone.

It's sad how many people believe it was all a lie to get us to buy the game. The longer they go without responding with a Definite answer, the more it looks that way.

And before anyone responds, I did read all the articles and interviews regarding the dedicated servers and know they said "in select areas" with the "hybrid system of listen servers".

I live in one of the top 5 most populated areas in the country. You can't tell me there wouldn't be a server near here.

But still seeing host migrations, horrible connections, people skipping, rubberbanding, lobbies not filling up past 4v4, and in the worse lobbies, being so far behind that your shots aren't even registering.

We've been so annoyed by how bad it is that we've just been sticking to playing Squads vs AI. And even then, the bots are lagging. How the hell does that happen?

Someone with information respond!

• 1. Re: Dedicated Servers
    sawgunnerspc

I also want to know more on this issue. Does anyone have a map of the dedi server list like what areas or sections of the country they are gonna populate these " dedicated servers" with. But nice post on this issue capp00 should get a lot of responses on it.

• 2. Re: Dedicated Servers
    capp00

Thanks. Any response from IW would be a step in the right direction.

They need better transparency with ETAs, status updates, etc..

• 3. Re: Dedicated Servers
    MrGlock42O

I'm right here with ya bro..... LIES LIES LIES.... Just to sell a 60$ game.. Great Subject Capp

• 4. Re: Dedicated Servers
    capp00

I try to remain positive in my feedback to developers, as ranting and insulting doesn't get anywhere but ignored.

But being ignored regardless annoys me more than insulting me.

• 5. Re: Dedicated Servers
    Diesel_Fox

I'm not convinced they even exist, I think they are just blowing smoke up our butts!

• 6. Re: Dedicated Servers
    2L2Q43

Yea they kind of piss off everybody with that i brought the game thinking it was going to be better with dedicated servers but it seems like u still use people hosts its very bad on the xbox360 people be raging then when they rage it takes us for ever to find new people

• 7. Re: Dedicated Servers
    FishyDizzle

We need to go No Church In The Wild on these MFs

• 8. Re: Dedicated Servers
    GcP

Ive been waiting for companies to put in dedicated servers since Halo 3. I wish they would understand the amount of amazing feedback they would receive if they would only just put them in and let the social medias catch fire of the good news. you all claim next gen gaming is here, so please help it move forward and not turn into a fad that will die out with future generations until it is no longer relevant and people are fed up with all the bull. we help grow your companies. THROW US A BONE! Thankyou

• 9. Re: Dedicated Servers
    veilofmaya
    apparently the ps3 has dedicated servers..in the recent patch list it said "dedicated server bug fixes"
1 2 3 Previous Next