1 2 3 Previous Next 74 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2014 9:49 AM by SirDarthVader RSS

so what are player numbers like?

belly120

pretty simple one lol what are the numbers like on x one as 360 is down to just under 300k

• 1. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    mean ELITE

Just around 11,000 online now on X1.

• 2. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    blb128

During peak time its usually 25-30k

• 3. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    r8edtripx

belly120 wrote:

pretty simple one lol what are the numbers like on x one as 360 is down to just under 300k

I have these 4 consoles, and I jotted down the following numbers for the gametypes I play: (Numbers represent, Wednesday, 8:30pm PST, on Dec. 4th, 2013)

PS4           XBone             PS3          XBox360

Total Players: 26,836          22,366          120,822          187,371

Cranked:            713               638             4,060              8,071

Blitz:                  625              477              3,604             6,628

KC:                 1,454           1,145              5,581             9,834

Dom:               2,875           2,300            13,770           23,594

FFA                1,249              696              3.985            4,367

I guess I expected it, but the numbers are so much lower on next-gen. This is only one sample, but If we see this trend over the next two to 3 week period, can we give it any kind of significance? Does the fact that the PS4 have more players than the Xbone mean anything at this point? Does it mean players are jumping the Microsoft ship?

I think the numbers are fun to look at, but the numbers will have exponentially more weight as we get closer to the holidays. I'm definitely curious.

• 4. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    lotusfrog

Yeah, I am curious to see how it changes once Christmas arrives.

• 5. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    camjohn1

These games make a billion in sales and only a couple hundred thousand players are online at any given time? Makes no sense.

You think there would be millions. Not just 100k on ps3 on the latest COD release. Seems wrong.

• 6. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    lotusfrog

I always thought that strange too. Surely not that many people play campaign only.

• 7. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    simonm

Im just so amazed that theres so few people playing n the next gen consoles .. is everyone waiting for xmas to get one or do people not want a next gen console ?

• 8. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    gallp13

No trouble getting games from Australis, though many internationals in lobbies. More so than 360. Lag is quite managable.

• 9. Re: so what are player numbers like?
    thetizzleguy

Niot everyone buys the game for the multiplayer. since COD:BO1 came out with 900k players on at any given time the numbers on the games after have been cut by half.

It's a dying game and SOOO cant wait for titan fall to come and hit record breaking sales!!! as Titan fall is developed by the same devs who make COD what is was and as you can see ever since they all left (got fired) COD has been going down ;-)

1 2 3 Previous Next