28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2013 2:26 AM by TEX_715 RSS

What is your highest round?

Megadog14

What is your highest round and what map was it? (No cheaters!)

• Re: What is your highest round?
    morv151190

My highest round is 85 2 player on Mob of the Dead. I don't play solo much anymore since I met my zombie partner and a few other people I play with. We also got 80 2 player on Buried and I got disconnected on round 75 Origins. We haven't really tried the earlier maps together since my zombie partner is in love  with Origins. My zombie partner is a very awesome zombie player, he got 120 solo on Origins which is the highest legit round recorded in an online game. It got beaten yesterday by a guy streaming on twitch but that was on local.

boybad

What was your strategy on origins?

morv151190

Origins is one of the easier maps to get an high round on if you know what your doing.

We always complete the Easter egg so we can end the game with the cutscene once we get to our target round.

The EE is usually complete by round 20, my friend always takes the ice staff and I take the fire staff.

For the next 10 rounds we focus on finding our golden perk bottles, no strategy at this point just training in different parts of the map until we get zombie blood.

Once we both have all our perk bottles we start camping with our backs against Juggernog taking it in turns shooting the floor in front of us. The rounds start flying past each taking just a couple of minutes, the zombies are constantly spawning and dying.

Camping is very easy and quick but the ammo gets used up very quick, we camp until about round 60-65 depending on how lucky we get with ammo.

Now for the rest of the game, we have to train and group the zombies together to maximize our ammo. I now swap my Fire staff fire for the Wind Staff as the Fire staff doesn't kill many zombies at this point in the game. There are two areas are good for grouping the zombies together, behind the tank station near generator 2 and at generator 4.

When grouping at generator 4, we start off at the front on the tank road, once the zombies start spawning one person runs straight to the back of generator 4 into the footprint, this person gets about 3 zombies leaving the other guy to group the majority of zombies at generator 4. Once the zombies have all spawned the guy that ran into the footprint runs back past the zombies and both players then go back to the tank road where we first started and kill the zombies on top of the spawn point and repeat the run.

When using the Wind staff it is more effective when you aim at the group of zombies but you can just shoot the floor with the Ice staff.

Behind the tank station we start off at the large zombie spawn point near the fence on the right hand. When the zombies start spawning one guy goes inside the tank station getting just a few zombies in there,  the other guy loops the majority of the zombies by running diagonally towards the tank switch then to the fence on the right and back towards the spawn point. The guy inside the tank station times his run back out to the spawn point so both players should get there at the same time, one guy kills the zombies and the run is  repeated.

boybad

This is what i was talking about in below posts, poor strategy.

Just curious how long did 75 take you with this slow strategy? when this can be done in about 6-8hrs using a drone.

In high rounds train gun and run just takes too long unless traps are involved.

morv151190

We could easily knock a few hours from our game if we didn't complete the easter egg or look for perk bottles, the camping strategy at jug is fast until round 60-65 with each round taking 1-3 minutes. After those rounds in Origins there is no fast strategy so we group the zombies together to maximize ammo, the rounds then take 10-20 minutes each depending on the drops we receive. I cannot remember the exact time it took but it was around 10 hours with breaks. 2 player games take significantly longer than solo games.

boybad wrote:

This is what i was talking about in below posts, poor strategy.

Im sorry but how can that be a poor strategy if it works?

We have not used the drone to kill the zombies before so we do not know if that could speed up our rounds but we will give it a shot.

boybad

Sorry, i did not mean to offend you or have a dig. Just stating my opinions.

The camping strategies are grate, no issues there but one (ammo) tell me what happens when you run low on ammo?

You may be able to finish a few rounds in 2-3minutes but then there is that point to any camping strategy when you dont have the ammo to finish the round, you return to running trains around the map, trying to recover ammo or hit the box or whatever and this is where your time goes to waste. The drone is a trap and will kill with one bullet in any round, he will finish round 40 with 2 players in 5 minutes without you killing a single zombie, this must be done in the crazy place without ever picking up staff crystals, also can be done with more players, but you see where im coming from right... the strategy is trap and not ammo dependent, you never need any guns to finish the round fast, same on mob with acid trap but people are obsessed about high scores and kills even if the round is what gets you to the top of the leaderbord.

http://forums.activision.com/thread/200787723

Guess How Many!? | Community

morv151190

Like I said we have never used the maxis drone to kill zombies so to us the only ways to kill the zombies were the staffs and the Robots foot. There are different ways such as digging and using the tanks to obtain ammo, If we get to the point where we don't get one then it's game over because we would not grind using the Robots foot because it is far too boring that way. On MOTD we love the trap strategy and that is how we got 85, we aint bothered about the kills.

boybad

Give it a go with 2players or solo to get the feel for it, cause if one player is outside of crazy place and holds the train (not camping) this doesn't work, the drone doesn't have anything or many to kill in the crazy place, result in time waste. If you just play with starting pistol and stg all the way to 30 before you go hit the box or extra perks, you will get there in 1hr 1/2.

THEREFREDEDED

Round 47 on die rise

Robinson41

Round 52 on Buried.

DeathBringer-Zen

106 on Ascension (solo). First and only time I have made it past 100, and having now seen the novelty of it, I would never bother doing it again.

Anything above 50 is good enough for me nowadays.

boybad

Agreed.

76 and will never do it again, 50+ almost every map with many players, 60 is where i draw the line.

The strategy after 50 is always the same, run around and set a trap, after doing this for 1/2hr in every round it gets very repetitive and boring, in the end of the day i dont have the patience or time to do it.

Mr_Spaceman

I get extremely bored after 50, so...50 on all blops2 maps (solo)

jaym0nstaa

back in black ops 1 days, 35 on Moon. I thought that was alot haha.

now 70 on tranzit and buried.

GulfCoastGirl

Megadog14 wrote:

What is your highest round and what map was it? (No cheaters!)

My highest rounds are all 2 player games with Lord_grrr

Buried - 67

Origins - 53

Die Rise - 62

TranZit - 53

Not too bad considering I only started gaming 1 year ago and couldn't even survive the starting room on TranZit for about the first 2 weeks I played.. LOL!   I'm not gonna lie though..... Lord_grrr most definitely carries me through.  He's an awesome teammate and has taught me a lot

Another one is my 4 player TranZit - Round 45  While that doesn't seem all that high, it takes an incredible amount of time and patience for 4 people to go that far in that map and to this day, we are still in the top 600 in the world with that game.  That was with me, Lord_grrr, Shadowwalker & Calamity_Cate

matuzz

Around 250 on Kino Der Toten on Android. That still counts right?

sasukeJAuchiha

Round 1 on Buried. I killed 4 zombies, but the last 2 swarmed me. God, i need to try that again.

Megadog14

Stupid Treyarch making the maps too hard zombies need a nerf and permajug needs a buff.

sasukeJAuchiha

Lol in all seriousness though, my highest round is 76 on die rise using the cheapest strat ever. Then I got a 45 4 player on Buried, 54 solo, and 40 on town solo. I've been meaning to get 50, but just thinking about how long that's gonna take as well as how sore my hands will be after, puts me off.

boybad

50 doesn't take that long if you apply high round strategy to early rounds, i had many games to 50 under 3-4hr mark.

Example: origins, the biggest issue i see with players want to use staffs because they rely on weapons, if you just use pistol and stg then let drone do the work he will finish round 30 in 2 minutes without you using a single bullet, this strategy will get you to 50 under 3hrs.

sasukeJAuchiha

Yeah but town is different. There are no shortcuts. It's straight up training, and after 45, the fastest way to kill is by using the rayguns. Not to mention you have to recycle them.

boybad

Well obvious maps are, Bus Depo you wont be hitting 50 anytime soon.

I've been meaning to get 50, but just thinking about how long that's gonna take

I have no idea what map you was referring to, but most players think it is impossible to get to 50 in 3hrs simply because they use poor strategies.

Lunar---tick
    started zombies when BO2 released. I only play with wall guns.  bus depot 14 farm ? dont play it Town 28 Tranzit 36 Die rise 32 Motd 34 but had retriever and spork buried 42 origons 29 nuketown 29  i since purchased bo1 kino 32 ascension 26 ?  the rest are under 10. lucky to have played each map  twice in bo1 so far.
    Booman45

Round 33 on Kino(and origins.) I know that's a low round for a zombie player like myself, but I just make mistakes like everyone else.

electricfuneralfire

52 four player Ascension. Second- 47 four player Kino.