15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 3:43 PM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Clan wars is for no lifes. Thanks you really messed up clan play.

u_camp_i_knife

Let me start by saying we are in platinum division and are a decent squad. That doesn't matter though. To win in clan wars it is all about who is the biggest no-life clan that can sit around and play all day and get wins. One clan out of the seven in our list is dominating the clan wars in every game mode  because apparently they have 95 people who play all day and can rack up 1000s of wins already after day one WTF. Not like the old elite system where you could work for an objective and get gold and be competitive to win you must have a squad that plays 8-10 hours a day. That's my rant for the day thanks.

• Re: Clan wars is for no lifes. Thanks you really messed up clan play.
    Krakken

Yeah, we tried playing Clan vs Clan last night, and every clan was just sitting in a room camping. Its pretty lame.

MaRk0wNsYoU

Well the thing is, Even if one person from your clan is playing and wins, it's counted as a clan win.  Maybe you should get more people in your clan.  It's not too bad.  It gets me playing objectives I normally wouldn't play.  I was playing Search and Rescue which was pretty fun.

phxs72

If you have a six man party and win one match it counts as 6 wins for your clan.  It adds up pretty quickly if you do that consistently for a few hours.  Of course, large clans with an active membership spread across the globe are going to be able to keep piling on those wins.  It is a war afterall.  Those that put in the time get the best rewards.  Not to worry though.  As time moves on, I would imagine that your clan will eventually be grouped with other clans that don't put in as much time.  That should help to make things less lopsided for you.

ghamorra

I don't like this though. What happens if someone is late to the party and wins are so diluted that you can't get into a high division. CoD is played by so many people that I can see a number of clans diluting the rankings. Those who like to mix it up a bit and play various gamemodes will never stand a chance at reaching the higher rankings.

Not that I care personally but the point of Clan Wars is to be the best and this system seems to favor the early birds.

nicedrewishfela

And Quantity over Quality.

phxs72

I don't know yet if I like it or not but I'd say that it favors long term consistency over anything else.  The War does run for two weeks afterall (outside of this first war).  Unfortunately, for me outside of about 15 members in my clan which are really spread out, most of my clan doesn't have the game yet.  So our early push is going to be greatly stinted.  But it is possible that that was taken into consideration and perhaps the clans that I'm facing are dealing with similar problems.  It's a little early to tell how they have decided to match us up but one things for sure, those that use strategy, partying up and put in the time are going to have a huge leg up.  I have to wonder how it's going to play out.  I personally like playing DOM and KC but from a strategic standpoint it may prove to be more useful to spend my time in some of the smaller gamemodes like Blitz and Hunted just because those nodes may prove to get less competition.  Then if we can capture even one of the big 3 or 4 modes we might find ourselves in the winners circle.  That is if other clans become too obsessed with just playing the big 3. 

I think that given time most clans will grow tired of pushing non-stop and will eventually settle into just playing the modes that they like.  However out the gate, I'm seeing a lot of fast paced matches.  I played a DOM match this morning on Whiteout and it was nuts.  The B flag traded hands almost as fast as you could capture it and the home flags must have flipped 4 or 5 times as well.  I had to pull out a speed class just to keep up.

duneraider78

so far im lovin clan wars. if u are playing againstclans with to many players and no life... probably because your clan is too big with no life.the match ups are based on your clans size and time of play. im in gold divisonwith nine members in my clan. the biggezt clan we go against is 12 guys! so far really ballanced!

BlackHawkxx

even though i am actually enjoying clan wars a bit, I do have some issues with it, they said that clan wars is your ticket into the CoD championships....how exactly? they are basing the ranking of clans on win% and KD, players who play various gametypes generally dont have a high KD and as for win percentage if youre online and your clan isnt online and you smash a game with high KD and captures etc but youre in a pub game so the rest of your team is rubbish so you lose how does that indicate your skill level based on KD and win%

For future reference might be an idea for CoD games to have 2 stat servers? 1 for your public record and one for your record while formed up as a clan??

I thought clan wars was going to be directly competing against other clans, even though a clan has a low KD and low win% in pub games doesnt mean that when theyve formed their main clan team that work excellent as a team. This does NOT give any idea whatsoever of who the best clans are.

Guess its back to MLG again for real competition.

otisman666

Well how else are you going to run something like this?  Yes, it is a total grind and those that play the most benefit the most.  But teams need to be strategic about how they go about taking nodes.

One would think that after each season, winning teams will be put up against other winning teams and things like time played and w/l will be taken into account....oh wait this is Beachhead running the show, forget it.  Be prepared to pull your hair out until 1/2 the teams out there just give up in frustration.

Foxhound-Pro

I suggest instead of ranting you put together your thoughts in a much more constructive manner. Identifying a potential problem and providing suggestions for a fix is much more productive than hurling insults at your peers. Locking. There are better threads which address this community concern. Please try harder on your next thread.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts