1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 1:44 PM by Chuckfullonutz Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Izjar11 wrote:

Every time I see (1) next to someone elses player name, I leave that lobby. This is almost now an immediate reaction!

Split Screener's are the WORSE form of COD player EVER!

Lobby shopper! 

I don't like these guys either.  Nothing like a couple of screeners finshing 10-38 combined.  That said, they tend to leave the very next game knowing the lobby is probably not for them. 

• 21. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    Izjar11

I lobby shop without really intending it, and I should stop

Regardless,  99.9% of games with the (1) players on my team = loss! Its become a sure fire way to lose a match. I see them, I run. haha

• 22. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    Kandagawa

Of course not, but you're assuming that because a console had split screen capabilities that it would be easy for the next tier to be able to dual screen.

You never saw the N64 dual screen, did you? Or the PlayStation 2. Or, since the original Xbox could split screen, were you denouncing the 360 for not being able to run dual screens?

Your assumption of the way things should be is foolish.

Now, let's get to the PS4 and Xbox One. I'm just gleaning this from some quick and dirty Google searching:

They are both running GPU's in the AMD Sea Island family of cards which are clustered into the Radeon 8000 series. Presumably they should be able to support dual screens without any problem. If they don't (I don't recall seeing anyone from MS or Sony saying they won't), then I would assume that there is some other hardware or software limitation in effect.

• 23. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    mrbunnyrampage

I play split screens all the time but you never know bc we both have our own GT. and just to let you know its not all split screeners. I win 80% more when I split screen with my buddy.not to mention we carry the team 9 out of 10 times on almost every game.

/end thread

• 24. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    Megadog14

Izjar11 wrote:

Regardless,  99.9% of games with the (1) players on my team = loss! Its become a sure fire way to lose a match.

Especially in zombies lol. I refuse to play with splitscreeners.

• 25. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

mrbunnyrampage wrote:

I win 80% more when I split screen with my buddy.not to mention we carry the team 9 out of 10 times on almost every game.

/end thread

Are you one of those trailers?    Yeh I've seen one screener do terribly and the other do very well.  I guess if you have a big enough TV, and are attentive to where and how the other screener is playing, it could be an advantage.

I mention trailers because that's exactly how one screener can do very well.  It's like having a automated camera showing you what's happening about 10 feet in front of you the entire game (there's an idea for a new killstreak.) 

• 26. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    mrbunnyrampage

no we all ways play dom or some other objective game mode. and we work very well together. pulse the commutation is awesome. we both play with mics on so the team hears what we are saying. the reason why I say we play better on splitscreens is bc 90% of the time random lobbies suck. we do constant screen peeking to each other and its like seeing twice as much map space as once even if we are not around each other at any given time. we normally don't even stick together so we have two people looking for enemies . that's twice as much of a chance to know where they are if one of us die the other one goes to that area to kill that person. if you think about it its a awesome strategy that we have perfected over time. also we play on a 55in led 1080p tv. and I play on a 35in led 1080p solo

• 27. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    ghamorra

I would pay good money to see the split-screen K/D and W/L ratio. Who wants to take bets on what they are?

• 28. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    mrbunnyrampage

Im offshore for work right now but when I come in I will make a topic about it if anyone would like to join our game and see us play. our kd and wl dosent matter bc. when im at work and he is our gf's play on both our gamertags. but like l said when we are playing you are more than welcome to come join in and play in our game and see us play together. we both work off shore and are not home for over half the year so there is no reason to have more than 2 Gts. its called saving money. besides who really cares about stats anyway.

• 29. Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

mrbunnyrampage wrote:

we do constant screen peeking to each other and its like seeing twice as much map space as once even if we are not around each other at any given time. we normally don't even stick together so we have two people looking for enemies . that's twice as much of a chance to know where they are if one of us die the other one goes to that area to kill that person.

This is why I wonder why some screeners don't do better than they do.  Whenever I'm outflanked by one by surprise (those "how the hell did he know I was there" moments), I try to take a quick see if the someone, possibly the other screener, was close or could have had me in view; or, having just killed one, my position obviously tipped off to the other.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next